ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 07-24-2020, 03:36 PM   #76
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Default Re: 2021 tg3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY View Post
If your hypothetical played out then it wouldnít be a great outcome. In my hypothetical, Bijan wouldnít care about sharing duties (Very likely to happen) and Alexander would figure out that Krugerís offense can have multiple ball handlers (less likely but still possible). If you donít sign Alexander and take a plan C guy then you are capping your upside tremendously.
If Alexander doesnít already know that about our offense, I question whether he has ever watched us play. But to the bigger point, I donít see how you can really believe that lying to a recruit is the way to go. Itíll be frustrating if he doesnít choose us, sure. But two of our three best players last season were Oklahoma kids, and TY was here just over two years ago. So itís not accurate to act like itís been ages since we have managed to keep good talent in state.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:58 PM   #77
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Then explain to Alexander that in Krugerís offense that their are multiple ball handlers and hope he buys in. Donít intentionally lie to kids and get that reputation.
I wouldnít lie I just wouldnít tell the whole truth (sales tactic). Tell him he can be a point guard (so can Bijan). In Krugerís offense there are really 2 point guards.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 04:21 PM   #78
BCSooners
Sweet 16

Quote:
I wouldn’t lie I just wouldn’t tell the whole truth (sales tactic). Tell him he can be a point guard (so can Bijan). In Kruger’s offense there are really 2 point guards.
That’s fine but I wouldn’t tell him he’ll be the pg because Harmon will be it for his 1st 2 years. Tell him he can compete for it, just don’t say he definitely will because he probably won’t.

I’m also pretty confidant the Alexanders have been told/shown how the offense works. My guess is if there’s an issue they want the ball in Trey’s hand a lot more than what Kruger is willing to assure.

Last edited by BCSooners; 07-24-2020 at 04:23 PM.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:39 PM   #79
NYC-Fool
Walk-on

Sounds like an excuse not to go to OU. Are others recruiting him as a PG? Hate seeing top tier players leave the state.
NYC-Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:50 PM   #80
CoachTalk
National Champion

There is more to it I’ve heard. Keys to the Cadillac is one issue.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:56 PM   #81
Stikboy
All-Conference

Who is OU's top competition? KU?

So OU has 5 spots for this class, correct? Bijan has one, hopefully Collins another. Are we leading for anybody else?
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:18 PM   #82
BCSooners
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
There is more to it Iíve heard. Keys to the Cadillac is one issue.
Exactly. Product of HH, but Kruger isnít able to guarantee that because itís not something that would work.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:11 AM   #83
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
There is more to it Iíve heard. Keys to the Cadillac is one issue.
Would love to have him but that is absurd. Canít imagine any P5 team giving him the keys to the castle. Heís not trae.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 10:29 AM   #84
mardaddy51
Walk-on

Quote:
Would love to have him but that is absurd. Canít imagine any P5 team giving him the keys to the castle. Heís not trae.
Thatís just it. The P5 teams arenít selling him on that, itís what Team Alexander is wanting. And if what Coachtalk said is true, that he doesnít think the door is completely shut for OU/ Alexander, then Iíd bet no team is offering Trey the keys to the castle.
mardaddy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 10:35 AM   #85
BCSooners
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardaddy51 View Post
Thatís just it. The P5 teams arenít selling him on that, itís what Team Alexander is wanting. And if what Coachtalk said is true, that he doesnít think the door is completely shut for OU/ Alexander, then Iíd bet no team is offering Trey the keys to the castle.
If Iím a below average P5 team then I could see it, but no good program could say the to them & be honest about it.
Old 07-25-2020, 10:44 AM   #86
Stikboy
All-Conference

I hope OU can eventually sign him. And if that's the case, I hope he can humble himself and be team player while at OU. All this being said, I don't know anything about this kid character wise. This "Team Alexander" thing sounds disappointing. At least they aren't asking for cash too. Are they?

I watched a pretty neat thing on Team Griffin and their road to that Peach Jam championship they won. All three of those TG3 guys seemed like great kids. Hope the other two can get in his ear a little..
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 11:12 AM   #87
BCSooners
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
I hope OU can eventually sign him. And if that's the case, I hope he can humble himself and be team player while at OU. All this being said, I don't know anything about this kid character wise. This "Team Alexander" thing sounds disappointing. At least they aren't asking for cash too. Are they?

I watched a pretty neat thing on Team Griffin and their road to that Peach Jam championship they won. All three of those TG3 guys seemed like great kids. Hope the other two can get in his ear a little..
From everything Iíve heard & seen is that Trey is a good kid.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:04 AM   #88
cvangild
Role Player

Another CB of Trey Alexander to OU. This one from a Nick Harris (Texas COntributor). Not sure if he knows anything...or is imply piggybacking off of some earlier picks.

https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...etPredictions/
cvangild is offline   Reply With Quote