ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 07-31-2018, 07:45 PM   #1
sybarite
National Champion

Default Kennedy Brown

Baylor, UCLA, Louisville, Oklahoma, Oregon, Oregon State

#58 Prospect Nation
https://prospectsnation.com/player/kennedy-brown

#17 Hoopgurlz
http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl.../kennedy-brown

Last edited by sybarite; 07-31-2018 at 09:21 PM.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:45 PM   #2
Oliver Hardy
All-American

Default Re: Kennedy Brown

Three of those are going to be hard to overcome. However, Chou's transfer and a loaded bench may be starting to take a small bit off a toll on Kim's recruiting.

Kids may be realizing their chances of playing regularly are slim or none for the first year or two.
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
sybarite
National Champion

At some point, some of these prospects are finally going to learn that Baylor is not the ideal place to be, and Kim is not the ideal person to lead.

I would hope that she follows the path of another Derby prospect, Joanna McFarland, or might actually be somewhat persuaded by her twitter friends, Teresa Veitenheimer, Tatum Veitenheimer, and Gabby Gregory.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:13 PM   #4
Oliver Hardy
All-American

Would be nice if that turns out to be true.
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 04:36 PM   #5
sybarite
National Champion

She no longer lists Baylor and Louisville.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:02 PM   #6
Mac
Administrator

Yes it would be good if she verbals to OU over the weekend... but with the way they developed bigs and her friendship with Jones, I think she will atlest give OSU an official visit.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:43 PM   #7
sybarite
National Champion

When you look at where the top recruits are visiting or have committed, it would appear that our fear of OSU and Arkansas is more paranoia than deserved. Kansas, TCU, and Texas Tech are getting more attention. I'm not even sure that Baylor and Texas will have that good of a year.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:01 PM   #8
Mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
When you look at where the top recruits are visiting or have committed, it would appear that our fear of OSU and Arkansas is more paranoia than deserved. Kansas, TCU, and Texas Tech are getting more attention. I'm not even sure that Baylor and Texas will have that good of a year.
Mybad I meant Oregon state university
Old 09-08-2018, 09:45 PM   #9
mikeareese
Role Player

Danica Brown posted a pic of Kennedy with OU players and Gregory. Not sure if Liz Scott was in the pic.
mikeareese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 10:05 PM   #10
sybarite
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeareese View Post
Danica Brown posted a pic of Kennedy with OU players and Gregory. Not sure if Liz Scott was in the pic.
Liz was in that picture. She is visiting with Kennedy.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #11
sybarite
National Champion

I see that Kennedy congratulated Liz Scott on twitter. She had also congratulated Taylor Robertson and Gabby Gregory for their OU commitments on twitter.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:59 PM   #12
j2d2
All-American

According to Oger on The Crimson Corner site, Kennedy has eliminated OU
j2d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:18 PM   #13
Mac
Administrator

Oregon? If she did drop Oklahoma, it could be that she sees herself as tall forward, and not a 5.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:35 PM   #14
Soonerguy06
Walk-on

If this is true and she did, big mistake on her! With the new talent coming in and SC's track record of success when she has real talent, we will be an elite team very soon. Plus, I don't see her getting the immediate PT she probably would have gotten at OU, as we are in need of a good, productive BIG. Fingers crossed we land one in this next class, that seems the be the missing piece.
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:56 PM   #15
sybarite
National Champion

I don't know that I believe this. Who is Oger, and where does he get his information?

I am curious as to the recruiting of both Brown and Rita Igbokwe. But, it seems too soon after a visit with prospects that she has a relationship with for her to reject Oklahoma. I think we were her first official visit with visits to Oregon, UCLA, and Oregon State coming up.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:32 PM   #16
atlantasooner
All-Conference

Oger DID NOT say Brown has eliminated OU.
He's basically reposted stuff from here (i guess) and he has a subscription to one
of the recruiting sites as well. He posted an update on Brown from there.

Last edited by atlantasooner; 09-12-2018 at 06:48 PM.
atlantasooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:41 PM   #17
sybarite
National Champion

Thank you. Makes more sense.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:00 PM   #18
Soonercuda
All-Conference

Here is the post from a normal Rivals member (not Oger) that was misinterpreted as meaning Brown had eliminated OU.
“I live down the road from Derby and everyone around here thinks she's big time! Very skilled for a big. I thought someone had mentioned Oregon or Stanford as being favorites..”

Oger is very knowledgeable about softball and follows softball recruiting very closely. He doesn’t follow WBB as closely but posted some WBB info with the important visits last weekend and he clearly appreciates women’s sports.
Soonercuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:52 PM   #19
sybarite
National Champion

Apparently, the "fan" is not that big of a basketball supporter. Kennedy is not considering Stanford. Her remaining four schools are (according to Raoul): Oklahoma (9/7), Oregon (9/21), UCLA (10/12), and Oregon State (10/19).

https://wbbblog.com/2018/04/14/2019-class-finalists/
Old 09-12-2018, 11:52 PM   #20
atlantasooner
All-Conference

Yeah Oger is a great resource for softball news. He was just trying to post some news on women's hoops recruiting on SoonerScoop.
I posted the news on OUInsider to get some discussion going with little success.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:15 AM   #21
j2d2
All-American

Oger
Oger
Sooner starter
Gold Member
"Brown is the No. 17 prospect in the espnW HoopGurlz Super 60 for the 2019 class. She has garnered attention from numerous colleges across the country. Brown says she is now down to six schools after eliminating Tennessee: UCLA, Louisville, Oklahoma, Oregon State, Baylor and Oregon. Her plan is to not take all five official visits -- she's shooting for three -- and then make a decision in the fall."
This is a direct quote from The Crimson Corner.
"I'm hoping that I just kind of know when I go on my official visits," Brown said. "Hopefully I can figure it out before my season

Last edited by j2d2; 09-13-2018 at 06:17 AM. Reason: To correct
j2d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:43 AM   #22
cjhsooner
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2d2 View Post
Oger
Oger
Sooner starter
Gold Member
"Brown is the No. 17 prospect in the espnW HoopGurlz Super 60 for the 2019 class. She has garnered attention from numerous colleges across the country. Brown says she is now down to six schools after eliminating Tennessee: UCLA, Louisville, Oklahoma, Oregon State, Baylor and Oregon. Her plan is to not take all five official visits -- she's shooting for three -- and then make a decision in the fall."
This is a direct quote from The Crimson Corner.
"I'm hoping that I just kind of know when I go on my official visits," Brown said. "Hopefully I can figure it out before my season
So many things wrong with this. First, you claim Oger said OU was eliminated from Brown's recruitment. Then, you copy and past a post from a premium message board and it directly contradicts what you originally posted.
cjhsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:13 AM   #23
sybarite
National Champion

Stanford already has their post, Ashton Prectel of Colorado. I think it was Texas and Stanford going after her. We had some interest but were eliminated early. They also have Belibi, a 6-1 skyjumper.

I don't know who is left. We are still listed by Amihere and Brown, but we haven't made the visit list yet for Amihere. I don't know where we are with Igbokwe and Warnock. Igbokwe visited Pitt this weekend.

I do think it is interesting that Kennedy Brown congratulated Gregory, Taylor Robertson, and Liz Scott on their commitments to OU, and Derica Brown, her mother, is in contact with Teresa Veitenheimer. Do relationships help?
Old 09-13-2018, 10:57 AM   #24
Mac
Administrator

Like most elite players Brown is also good friends with Taylor Jones, and I expect her to take all of her official visits because of that...
Old 09-13-2018, 02:19 PM   #25
atlantasooner
All-Conference

j2d2,
Brown only eliminated Tenn.
That's it. better worded like this.

"after eliminating Tennessee, Brown says she is now down to six schools : UCLA, Louisville, Oklahoma, Oregon State, Baylor and Oregon."