ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 05-15-2017, 12:44 PM   #76
AdaSooner
Administrator

Default Re: Options with last two scholarships now.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
What are you basing the "inside banger" part on?

He is 6'7, and was third on his team in rebounds last year.

He would be a solid piece off the bench, but I wouldn't expect much out of him.

Edit: Doolittle and Lattin both averaged more rebounds per game than him, in less minutes, as a comparison.
My description as an "inside banger" doesn't do Mikyle justice. He's more than an inside threat on offense. But, if you'll watch the videos below you'll see why I think he may be the missing piece this season...that is, unless Hannes Polla can give us more scoring down low. If McIntosh had averaged 12.5 ppg and 5.6 rpg for OU last season, he would have been second on the team in scoring and third in rebounding. Not saying he will do that against Big 12 competition, but as a starter or a back up, I think he would be a good addition to our roster. He would also be a grad transfer who would fill an open scholarship for one season only.

McIntosh is also the type of player we don't have right now; a strong, well built 6' 7" 234 with a big booty. You'd have to put Khadeem and Jamuni's rear ends together to give us a space eating bootay down low. Maybe they'll get stronger and bigger in the off season. If not, Polla is our only hope for a big with the bulk and strength to hold his own against the post players OU will face in the Big 12 conference. Lattin and McNeace get pushed around too much to suit me.

Do you see anyone else on our roster who is a sure bet to be better than Mikyle McIntosh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqL6ZHg4suA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zUbIxr8cKk
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:37 AM   #77
WTSooner
National Champion

The problem is, where are his minutes going to come from, to have an impact like that? I like him, I think he'd make us better next year, but I think his role would be somewhat limited simply b/c of what he is.

I don't think we'd be a very good defensive or rebounding team with him at the 5 and Doolittle at the 4. If he replaces Doolittle, I think that is a bit of a push in terms of talent and what I'd expect out of that position. I really don't see him as a guy that we can throw the ball to him in the post, and watch him do work. Matter of fact, his shot breakdown between 2's and 3's last season was almost identical to that of McGusty. In other words, his game involves shooting quite a few 3's.

Again, I like the guy. I think he can push Doolittle, or be a better 4 off the bench than Buford has been. But I don't see him really giving us a low post threat, or being a force rebounding. JMO though.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:40 AM   #78
Max Power
Elite Eight

Can he be a 6'7" 3?

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #79
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
The problem is, where are his minutes going to come from, to have an impact like that? I like him, I think he'd make us better next year, but I think his role would be somewhat limited simply b/c of what he is.

I don't think we'd be a very good defensive or rebounding team with him at the 5 and Doolittle at the 4. If he replaces Doolittle, I think that is a bit of a push in terms of talent and what I'd expect out of that position. I really don't see him as a guy that we can throw the ball to him in the post, and watch him do work. Matter of fact, his shot breakdown between 2's and 3's last season was almost identical to that of McGusty. In other words, his game involves shooting quite a few 3's.

Again, I like the guy. I think he can push Doolittle, or be a better 4 off the bench than Buford has been. But I don't see him really giving us a low post threat, or being a force rebounding. JMO though.
I don't see McIntosh as a five in any lineup. A four maybe, as you said a better version of Buford. I think it's more likely he would compete for playing time at the three, and possibly at the two if he can defend that position and knock down shots from the perimeter. Competition for playing time is not a bad thing.

The way I see it, he would give us more depth by occupying an open scholarship spot, without using a 2018 ship. I like him mostly due to his versatility on offense and his high motor. That said, I haven't seen anything to suggest Mikyle is OU bound. I think the chances are good he may join one of his former Ill State assistants at Wisconsin.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:41 PM   #80
chuckb
Starter

OU is now out on Gresham and Jarreau. That shouldn't be a surprise as we only have 1 scholarship available.
chuckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:47 PM   #81
Kewllane
Walk-on

Per Joe DuVall on SoonerScoop, look for a decision from McIntosh in the next week.
Kewllane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:06 PM   #82
Stikboy
Starter

Has he visited OU?
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:13 AM   #83
Kewllane
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
Has he visited OU?
Possibly...
Kewllane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:21 PM   #84
usedtobe1
Administrator

Quote:
Has he visited OU?
Joe DuVall had a great Hoops Scoop article yesterday. So much information I can't paraphrase it.
1. OU still elated over the Bienemy commitment. Like him as much as Grimes.
2. Still pursuing Grimes ..... and Charles Smith from Houston area. Both 2 guards.
3. Pursuing 4 players from Canada. Offered 2 bigs from 2018 class, and 2 of them are in 2019 class.
4. Want an athletic big for last 2018 scholarship. Polla is the space eater to allow them to go after PF types. Joe gave 2 names in addition to the Canadians. Both from Texas.
5. Yes, MiKyle McIntosh did visit.... confirmed before Scoop was published. OU has a decent chance for him. Down to 2-3 schools. Tried to keep visit a secret for some reason, but news got around.
usedtobe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:11 PM   #85
Stikboy
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobe1 View Post
Joe DuVall had a great Hoops Scoop article yesterday. So much information I can't paraphrase it.
1. OU still elated over the Bienemy commitment. Like him as much as Grimes.
2. Still pursuing Grimes ..... and Charles Smith from Houston area. Both 2 guards.
3. Pursuing 4 players from Canada. Offered 2 bigs from 2018 class, and 2 of them are in 2019 class.
4. Want an athletic big for last 2018 scholarship. Polla is the space eater to allow them to go after PF types. Joe gave 2 names in addition to the Canadians. Both from Texas.
5. Yes, MiKyle McIntosh did visit.... confirmed before Scoop was published. OU has a decent chance for him. Down to 2-3 schools. Tried to keep visit a secret for some reason, but news got around.
Great info, thanks. Man, that Duvall guy sounds like he really tears it up. Rivals had nothing like him when I subscribed...
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:29 AM   #86
TINY
Starter

Quote:
Great info, thanks. Man, that Duvall guy sounds like he really tears it up. Rivals had nothing like him when I subscribed...
I would highly recommend getting back in with rivals. They have added 2 great insiders to their staff in Joe Duvall and Eddie Radosevic. The other sites can't compete although I do still have my scout sub because I like Bob P a lot.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #87
chuckb
Starter

According to Jeff Goodman, McIntosh told ESPN that he'll be working out for the Raptors today. He hasn't yet decided whether he'll leave his name in the draft or transfer.

Last edited by chuckb; 05-22-2017 at 12:31 PM. Reason: left out the word "today"
Old 05-23-2017, 12:20 PM   #88
TINY
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckb View Post
According to Jeff Goodman, McIntosh told ESPN that he'll be working out for the Raptors today. He hasn't yet decided whether he'll leave his name in the draft or transfer.
Can't blame him if he decides to begin his pro career with his degree in hand. He will be an UFA, imo, though. On the other hand, why not learn from one of the best in the business and get a year of your masters knocked out while you're at it? Also could potentially sky rocket his draft stock with a monster year in a premier hoops conference.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM   #89
vbdad
Role Player

Mikyle is very interested in Oregon. They are probably are toughest competition for him. Of course they lost a bunch of guys to the NBA (many will be in Europe) and transfer.
vbdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM   #90
chuckb
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbdad View Post
Mikyle is very interested in Oregon. They are probably are toughest competition for him. Of course they lost a bunch of guys to the NBA (many will be in Europe) and transfer.
Oregon also has quite a history with Canadian players (McIntosh is also Canadian) so perhaps that matters. Today is the deadline to withdraw from the draft if a player wants to retain NCAA eligibility so we'll at least know today whether he intends to play college ball next year or not.
Old Today, 12:09 PM   #91
lk2183
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbdad View Post
Anyone read about whether or not Oregon has officially offered him or if he's visited them? I did some searching online, but all I could find were tweets that Oregon/Altman had expressed interest and watched him somewhere. Apparently, Mcintosh has visited Oregon State though. I'd hope we'd be more a more attractive option than them.

Article with Oregon State mention: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...gL_AIRSCaXgOBg

Last edited by lk2183; Today at 03:46 PM. Reason: Autocorrect typo
lk2183 is offline   Reply With Quote