ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 07-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #51
mardaddy51
Walk-on

Default Re: 2021 tg3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
What could the issue be if youíre a perimeter player? My only guess is that he wants to play point?
I thnk that's it. And OU like Cortes better for that role. To be honest, I do too.
mardaddy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:00 AM   #52
BCSooners
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardaddy51 View Post
I thnk that's it. And OU like Cortes better for that role. To be honest, I do too.
Absolutely. Alexander had the ball in his hands a ton at HH last year but that was just because he was better than everyone else. Harmon & Cortes are easily better PGs. But even if thatís the issue Reaves & Doolittle were the best playmakers last year.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:32 AM   #53
Stikboy
All-Conference

Wonder how this affects things with Collins. Paging Seymore Cox!
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:51 AM   #54
CoachTalk
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
Wonder how this affects things with Collins. Paging Seymore Cox!
It wonít. Collins bff is Bijan
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:51 AM   #55
TINY
All-Conference

Ive made it clear that if Kruger strikes out on everyone besides Cortes then he needs to go. Just my own stupid opinion. He is getting his ass absolutely whipped on the recruiting trail by the dirty coaches in this region. Can’t say I’m surprised by this development.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:59 AM   #56
BCSooners
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY View Post
Ive made it clear that if Kruger strikes out on everyone besides Cortes then he needs to go. Just my own stupid opinion. He is getting his ass absolutely whipped on the recruiting trail by the dirty coaches in this region. Canít say Iím surprised by this development.
So youíd rather him lie to Alexander & tell him heíll be the pg?
Old 07-24-2020, 11:11 AM   #57
CoachTalk
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny View Post
ive made it clear that if kruger strikes out on everyone besides cortes then he needs to go. Just my own stupid opinion. He is getting his ass absolutely whipped on the recruiting trail by the dirty coaches in this region. Canít say iím surprised by this development.
lol
Old 07-24-2020, 11:13 AM   #58
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
So youíd rather him lie to Alexander & tell him heíll be the pg?
If thatís what it takes to get him on campus then yes I would say so. Once he gets here and sees we have a very open structure of mostly combo guards he probably wonít mind being one of the primary ball handlers. If not, he can transfer and sit out a year. Better than landing some plan c guy.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:16 AM   #59
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
lol
It is what it is at this point. When u canít get the elite guys in your own state (and canít replace them with an equally talented out of state player) then you probably arenít the man for the job anymore.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:19 AM   #60
Stikboy
All-Conference

If Kruger does lose these guys maybe he can have a TV show like Bobby Knight about walkons, and get some guys that way. HAHA! Chill, anti-negativy nellies! Breathe. It was a joke. Back up from the keyboard...

Does make you wonder just what the hell they've been talking about his entire recruitment?
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:20 AM   #61
BCSooners
Sweet 16

Quote:
If thatís what it takes to get him on campus then yes I would say so. Once he gets here and sees we have a very open structure of mostly combo guards he probably wonít mind being one of the primary ball handlers. If not, he can transfer and sit out a year. Better than landing some plan c guy.
So you tell Alexander heíll play pg, Cortes gets upset & decommits, & now youíve lost out on Collins. All this so you have a better chance at Alexander who once he finds out he wonít play pg will transfer bc you lied to him.

Good strategy.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:21 AM   #62
CoachTalk
National Champion

Quote:
It is what it is at this point. When u can’t get the elite guys in your own state (and can’t replace them with an equally talented out of state player) then you probably aren’t the man for the job anymore.
If that’s your argument. You are clueless how recruiting works.

Alexander’s and ou have history. Some good and lastly bad.

You can’t help how dad feels and what an influencer wants.

Last edited by CoachTalk; 07-24-2020 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:32 AM   #63
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
It wonít. Collins bff is Bijan
That is great news, CT
Old 07-24-2020, 11:33 AM   #64
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
So you tell Alexander heíll play pg, Cortes gets upset & decommits, & now youíve lost out on Collins. All this so you have a better chance at Alexander who once he finds out he wonít play pg will transfer bc you lied to him.

Good strategy.
Guarantee Cortes has no problem sharing the ball handling duties. He isnít a pure pg either.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:41 AM   #65
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
If thatís your argument. You are clueless how recruiting works.

Alexanderís and ou have history. Some good and lastly bad.

You canít help how dad feels and what an influencer wants.
Iím aware of their history. If Alexander was the only high quality in state player to spurn ou then it would just be a blip on the radar. Fact is, ou hasnít landed an elite in state guy since trae. Shake, Thompson, Alexander, Jaxson, et al. I like Phipps and Cortes but they donít have any other good offers so it isnít an impressive recruiting job at all.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:57 AM   #66
BoulderSooner
Administrator

Quote:
I’m aware of their history. If Alexander was the only high quality in state player to spurn ou then it would just be a blip on the radar. Fact is, ou hasn’t landed an elite in state guy since trae. Shake, Thompson, Alexander, Jaxson, et al. I like Phipps and Cortes but they don’t have any other good offers so it isn’t an impressive recruiting job at all.
i don't think ou is fully out on alexander
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:12 PM   #67
BCSooners
Sweet 16

Quote:
Guarantee Cortes has no problem sharing the ball handling duties. He isnít a pure pg either.
Yes he is. So youíre still okay with lying to a recruit and jeopardize the class rather than be honest with recruits. And on top of that Alexander would just transfer anyway because you lied to him.
Old 07-24-2020, 01:42 PM   #68
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardaddy51 View Post
I would think about the family and a certain former player with the same last name. That might help you draw some conclusions as to the issues OU is having with this kid. This is all an assumption based off info I've read though.

I come after Kruger as much as most on here recently, but in a battle between an accomplished coach and a 17-18 yr old kids about where they might fit into the offense.......I'll take Kruger 9 times out of 10.
Yes, I remember. I would be very disappointed if Lon told any player or his family he could run the show just to get his signature. By all accounts, thatís what he did with TY, and it worked out okay. But I donít think he will ever do it again. Besides, players like Trae Young are a once in a lifetime opportunity.

If thatís what Lon is being asked to do (and that is what Iím hearing now), I fully support his decision to reject the idea. I agree that Bijan should be our point guard of the future. If he can bring Collins with him, thatís even better. Iím still excited about the prospects of seeing TG3 at OU. But TG2 gets me fired up too!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 01:55 PM   #69
CoachTalk
National Champion

Quote:
Iím aware of their history. If Alexander was the only high quality in state player to spurn ou then it would just be a blip on the radar. Fact is, ou hasnít landed an elite in state guy since trae. Shake, Thompson, Alexander, Jaxson, et al. I like Phipps and Cortes but they donít have any other good offers so it isnít an impressive recruiting job at all.
You sound like an unrealistic football fan. Beggs kid wants to play safety and lincoln said youíll play LB here.
Guess lincoln isnít impressive.

Shake I agree but he loved smu. Not an ou fan.

Thompson loved 18k chanting his name at Phog. And bill self. End of story

Alexander weíll see what happens.

Ou chose Cortez over robinson.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:03 PM   #70
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
Yes he is. So youíre still okay with lying to a recruit and jeopardize the class rather than be honest with recruits. And on top of that Alexander would just transfer anyway because you lied to him.
If your hypothetical played out then it wouldnít be a great outcome. In my hypothetical, Bijan wouldnít care about sharing duties (Very likely to happen) and Alexander would figure out that Krugerís offense can have multiple ball handlers (less likely but still possible). If you donít sign Alexander and take a plan C guy then you are capping your upside tremendously.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:08 PM   #71
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
You sound like an unrealistic football fan. Beggs kid wants to play safety and lincoln said youíll play LB here.
Guess lincoln isnít impressive.

Shake I agree but he loved smu. Not an ou fan.

Thompson loved 18k chanting his name at Phog. And bill self. End of story

Alexander weíll see what happens.

Ou chose Cortez over robinson.
Unrealistic football fans expect 5* from all over the country. These are 4* guys from our state. Not close to the same expectations.

To your point about Lincoln, he will replace Daniels w another 4* no problem. If Lon lands meshak then I will sing his praises like I have for the most part around here since his first day on the job. Hell if he lands Collins I wonít worry too much about Alexander but updates like these donít make me feel good about those Chances either.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:15 PM   #72
CoachTalk
National Champion

Quote:
If your hypothetical played out then it wouldnít be a great outcome. In my hypothetical, Bijan wouldnít care about sharing duties (Very likely to happen) and Alexander would figure out that Krugerís offense can have multiple ball handlers (less likely but still possible). If you donít sign Alexander and take a plan C guy then you are capping your upside tremendously.
What if plan ďcĒ as you say is a top 60 player?
Old 07-24-2020, 03:18 PM   #73
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
What if plan ďcĒ as you say is a top 60 player?
Would be thrilled obviously. Who are you referring to because Noland isnít even a top 150 guy?
Old 07-24-2020, 03:23 PM   #74
BCSooners
Sweet 16

Quote:
Then explain to Alexander that in Krugerís offense that their are multiple ball handlers and hope he buys in. Donít intentionally lie to kids and get that reputation.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:25 PM   #75
CoachTalk
National Champion

Quote:
Would be thrilled obviously. Who are you referring to because Noland isnít even a top 150 guy?
Noland can play but 2 other fish in the sea.

Not sure trey is out all the way.