ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2020, 07:44 AM   #26
CMSOONER
Starter
 
CMSOONER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,379
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Meyer CB'd him to Texas on 247 and then released an article on Rivals the following day that says OU could land him....Come on Jerry.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....-michigan-more

Last edited by CMSOONER; 07-02-2020 at 07:53 AM.
CMSOONER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:03 AM   #27
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,658
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMSOONER View Post
Meyer CB'd him to Texas on 247 and then released an article on Rivals the following day that says OU could land him....Come on Jerry.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....-michigan-more
Evans wrote that article. meyer didnt.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:39 AM   #28
CMSOONER
Starter
 
CMSOONER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,379
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Evans wrote that article. meyer didnt.


That's what happens in the morning before coffee....


Last edited by CMSOONER; 07-02-2020 at 10:47 AM.
CMSOONER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 04:35 PM   #29
skyvue
Final Four
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 6,297
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Looks like we made Kaluma's final eight.

https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...ers-148756499/
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 04:41 PM   #30
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,658
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Looks like we made Kaluma's final eight.

https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...ers-148756499/
This class could be special... coaches are trying!
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:34 PM   #31
Stikboy
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,888
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
This class could be special... coaches are trying!
Those are some pretty heavy hitters unfortunately. What are our chances?

OU loses two bigs and two guards after next year. Are they going to try to replace those positions exactly by signing two bigs and two wings? Interesting that they replaced Doolittle with Phipps this year...
Stikboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:42 PM   #32
BCSooners
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,537
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
Those are some pretty heavy hitters unfortunately. What are our chances?

OU loses two bigs and two guards after next year. Are they going to try to replace those positions exactly by signing two bigs and two wings? Interesting that they replaced Doolittle with Phipps this year...
I would think definitely 2 bigs if not 3, only bigs that would be left is Vic & Rick. Don’t forget OU currently has an open scholarship.

Last edited by BCSooners; 07-03-2020 at 06:50 PM.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:03 PM   #33
Stikboy
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,888
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
I would think definitely 2 bigs if not 3, only bigs that would be left is Vic & Rick. Don’t forget OU currently has an open scholarship.
Yep, they'll have 5 available won't they. Have any other bigs visited besides Collins? Not sure when campus visits will be available again. Wonder if Kruger will try to do virtual visits like Riley..
Stikboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:13 PM   #34
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,602
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
Yep, they'll have 5 available won't they. Have any other bigs visited besides Collins? Not sure when campus visits will be available again. Wonder if Kruger will try to do virtual visits like Riley..
He has no choice until things change.
sheepdogs1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:17 PM   #35
BCSooners
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,537
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
Yep, they'll have 5 available won't they. Have any other bigs visited besides Collins? Not sure when campus visits will be available again. Wonder if Kruger will try to do virtual visits like Riley..
Yeah my guess (hope) is:
Bijan
Alexander
Collins
JUCO big
Transfer big
Juco big will redshirt

I’d be ecstatic over that, good transfer bigs are incredibly tough to get.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:53 PM   #36
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,658
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
Yep, they'll have 5 available won't they. Have any other bigs visited besides Collins? Not sure when campus visits will be available again. Wonder if Kruger will try to do virtual visits like Riley..
Does them weekly already!

Why would you assume he doesn’t?
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:33 PM   #37
Stikboy
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,888
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Does them weekly already!

Why would you assume he doesn’t?
You lost me there. I never made an assumption either way. I WONDER doesn't mean the same as I BET HE DOESN'T. None of the recruiting experts on this board have ever mentioned anything about them, unless I missed it.
Stikboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:35 PM   #38
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,658
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
You lost me there. I never made an assumption either way. I WONDER doesn't mean the same as I BET HE DOESN'T. None of the recruiting experts on this board have ever mentioned anything about them, unless I missed it.
Sorry you said “wonder if he’ll try to do”

I took that as he doesn’t already.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:45 PM   #39
Stikboy
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,888
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Sorry you said “wonder if he’ll try to do”

I took that as he doesn’t already.
Gotcha.

Good to know they are. Do you know if they've been as much of a hit in basketball as the football ones?
Stikboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:52 PM   #40
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,658
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
Gotcha.

Good to know they are. Do you know if they've been as much of a hit in basketball as the football ones?
Football is a different level. Collins And Trey w/ Bijan had them in the last couple weeks I was told.

They were a hit.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:09 PM   #41
Stikboy
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,888
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Football is a different level. Collins And Trey w/ Bijan had them in the last couple weeks I was told.

They were a hit.
Interesting. It seems like in football they are mostly for guys who have never seen campus.
Stikboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:37 PM   #42
CMSOONER
Starter
 
CMSOONER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,379
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Zach Berry on Rivals changed his prediction on Collins from Texas to OU.
CMSOONER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 02:54 PM   #43
Stikboy
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,888
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMSOONER View Post
Zach Berry on Rivals changed his prediction on Collins from Texas to OU.
Corey Evans did also a couple days ago. Both guys also put in picks for Trey Alexander. Wonder if something recently went down. Hope it sticks!
Stikboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 02:59 PM   #44
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,658
Default Re: Daimion Collins

You wouldn’t think seymore and myself would make stuff up would you??

As you stated I hope we land these guys along with Arthur.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 03:27 PM   #45
Stikboy
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,888
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
You wouldn’t think seymore and myself would make stuff up would you??

As you stated I hope we land these guys along with Arthur.
If OU signs Kuluma along with Bijan, Collins, and Alexander I will be amazed. And extremely excited! That’s the kind of class that should be expected at OU...
Stikboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 03:37 PM   #46
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,658
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
If OU signs Kuluma along with Bijan, Collins, and Alexander I will be amazed. And extremely excited! That’s the kind of class that should be expected at OU...
Hard to sign 3 top 50 players!!
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:33 PM   #47
ouleopard
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 83
Default Re: Daimion Collins

My understanding is that Bijan broke a bone in his foot and had to have surgery. Out until December
ouleopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:51 PM   #48
Eielson
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2,063
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
If OU signs Kuluma along with Bijan, Collins, and Alexander I will be amazed. And extremely excited! That’s the kind of class that should be expected at OU...
That's a bit beyond reasonable yearly expectation.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:27 PM   #49
Stikboy
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,888
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
That's a bit beyond reasonable yearly expectation.
Classes vary in number every year, especially in basketball where there's only 13 scholarships. Sure 3 top 50s are hard to do and certainly not expected every year, as a matter fact it's not possible. But in a year when it's needed, not far fetched for a top 20 program at all. Tech's been doing it, and they're overall garbage compared to us. Dare to be great!
Stikboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:30 PM   #50
Soonerinkc
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,063
Default Re: Daimion Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
Classes vary in number every year, especially in basketball where there's only 13 scholarships. Sure 3 top 50s are hard to do and certainly not expected every year, as a matter fact it's not possible. But in a year when it's needed, not far fetched for a top 20 program at all. Tech's been doing it, and they're overall garbage compared to us. Dare to be great!
duke, ku, uk, etc usually do...right? why not OU?
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com