ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Campus Corner

Old 01-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #76
AdaSooner
Administrator

Default Re: This Joe Mixon thing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
There is no way to know if it's a mistake, b/c we don't have all of the info. He talked to his agents, who talked to the front office guys, and evidently they think he'll get drafted early enough that leaving this year makes sense.

Sometimes guys get told that and it doesn't work out. I hope that doesn't happen to Joe. If he goes anywhere from say, middle of the 3rd or earlier, it was probably the right move. I'm hoping he goes in the upper half of the 2nd round. To my Bengals. lol
I hope I'm proven wrong and Joe is proven right. He's a special talent who will eventually make a lot of money, even if he is drafted later than expected. I know one thing. I'll be a fan of any team that picks Joe Mixon and Samaje Perine. I need more teams to cheer for to occupy my spare time.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:50 PM   #77
womenssports
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSooner View Post
A felony? How is the world is he guilty of a felony? She attacked him and he used a single punch to defend himself. Anyone that would call that a felony has lost their mind in my opinion.

Is the standard of defense going to be judged after the incident is over and one has successfully defended themselves?

I am not suggesting I think he should have hit her but in my mind that was legally justified self defense. One punch to stop an attack. He didn't jump on the ground and beat the crap out of her. He didn't kick her when she was down.

If she was a guy, is there any doubt in your mind that was a reasonable use of force?

Yes, sex is irrelevant. Determining factor is proportional response. She slapped him and he hit her with his fist.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:06 PM   #78
DenverSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by womenssports View Post
Yes, sex is irrelevant. Determining factor is proportional response. She slapped him and he hit her with his fist.
Where are you getting this? I only took one criminal law class and have never practiced criminal law but I don't think you are correct. I am virtually positive a single punch is legally justified when struck. I don't believe it matters if it is a push, shove, slap, punch, etc. When you are hit you have a right to defend yourself and make certain you are not hit again.

That doesn't mean you can shoot someone but I am virtually positive the law is not going to say you should have thrown a softer single punch in response to an attack.
DenverSooner is offline   Reply With Quote