ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2022, 03:42 PM   #26
Soonerguy06
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 816
Default Re: 2022-2023 Roster

Does anyone know, will Bamisile have immediate eligibility next season? Will anyone have to redshirt on account of transferring? This team could ever be pretty dang good, or as bad or worse than last season's team
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:50 AM   #27
psk2080
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 274
Default Re: 2022-2023 Roster

Well, my personal expectations:

Taking out the Final 8/4 runs with Hield and Griffin and OU has been pretty much middle of the pack conference wise and not a Top 25 team.

2022. 19-16 (7-11)
2021. 16-11 (9-8)
2020. 19-12 (9-9)
2019. 20-14 (7-11)
2018. 18-14 (8-10)
2017. 11-20 (5-13)
2016. 29-8 (12-6)
2015. 24-11 (12-6)
2014. 23-10 (12-6)
2013. 20-12 (11-7)
2012. 15-16 (5-13)

The last 11 seasons under Kruger/Moser 214-144. The average year has been roughly 20-13. And that includes some really good years with Buddy's group. I'd say we will likely have a year similar to last season, with so many new players again.
psk2080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 06:26 AM   #28
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,273
Default Re: 2022-2023 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
Does anyone know, will Bamisile have immediate eligibility next season? Will anyone have to redshirt on account of transferring? This team could ever be pretty dang good, or as bad or worse than last season's team
Heíll be eligible.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:35 AM   #29
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,637
Default Re: 2022-2023 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
Does anyone know, will Bamisile have immediate eligibility next season? Will anyone have to redshirt on account of transferring? This team could ever be pretty dang good, or as bad or worse than last season's team
I have a hard time seeing how we could be worse. The returning players should at least marginally improve, and the freshman and transfers are significantly more talented as a group than the guys we lose from last season. Would have been nice if Mo had decided to stay, but the athleticism and offensive talent in the gym right now is far better than it was four months ago.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:02 AM   #30
Stikboy
All-American
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,745
Default Re: 2022-2023 Roster

I agree. The talent, length, and athleticism coming in is far superior to what we lost. And if Rothstein is right and Oweh is good enough to start already? Wow. Yeah color me excited.. Not saying there might not be some early growing pains while they gel but if they keep improving throughout the year, could be interesting..
Stikboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:44 AM   #31
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 7,467
Default Re: 2022-2023 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
I agree. The talent, length, and athleticism coming in is far superior to what we lost. And if Rothstein is right and Oweh is good enough to start already? Wow. Yeah color me excited.. Not saying there might not be some early growing pains while they gel but if they keep improving throughout the year, could be interesting..
the europe trip and those games will help the team come together a bunch
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:50 AM   #32
Stikboy
All-American
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,745
Default Re: 2022-2023 Roster

How many games are they playing out there? Is there any kind of schedule/itinerary released?
Stikboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 11:48 AM   #33
Soonerb98
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Posts: 19
Default Re: 2022-2023 Roster

I think we'll improve significantly on offense. The question for me is on the other end of the floor. With no shot blockers in the paint, we'll need good on ball defense to keep guys out of the lane. Harkless, Goldmine, and Gibson did that last year. All I've seen from stats and writeups on the new guards has focused on offense, but that's often the case, so hopefully they bring good defensive ability and intensity too. If so, we should be a better team overall.
Soonerb98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 05:10 PM   #34
pnkranger
All-American
 
pnkranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,343
Default Re: 2022-2023 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerb98 View Post
I think we'll improve significantly on offense. The question for me is on the other end of the floor. With no shot blockers in the paint, we'll need good on ball defense to keep guys out of the lane. Harkless, Goldmine, and Gibson did that last year. All I've seen from stats and writeups on the new guards has focused on offense, but that's often the case, so hopefully they bring good defensive ability and intensity too. If so, we should be a better team overall.
I think the unknown part of our offensive and defensive efficiency last year had to do with turnovers. Ken Pom had us ranked 40th in offense and 38th in defense.

Turnovers hurt your offensive efficiency significantly, and we were one of the worst in the country at it. When we didn't turn the ball over, we were solid offensively. We could have shot the 3 better, but we were top 25 in overall FG% (and way up there in 2pt %), but we were bottom 30 in turnovers. Clean that up, and I expect a big jump offensively.

The untold story, though, is the impact of turnovers on defense. They lead to easy buckets in transition, sure, but they also speed the game up (which is not Moser's MO) and put you in scramble mode defensively even when you do get back. They cause fouls, which puts your best players on the bench at key periods...

Clean up the turnovers, and we'll see a big jump.

I'm not sure about Sherfield yet, but Joe B is a very good perimeter defender and has better length and athleticism than any of our 3 guards from last year. I would argue that CJ Noland and Oweh both have the ability to defend at a high level on the perimeter.
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 06:01 PM   #35
BCSooners
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 4,590
Default Re: 2022-2023 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkranger View Post
I think the unknown part of our offensive and defensive efficiency last year had to do with turnovers. Ken Pom had us ranked 40th in offense and 38th in defense.

Turnovers hurt your offensive efficiency significantly, and we were one of the worst in the country at it. When we didn't turn the ball over, we were solid offensively. We could have shot the 3 better, but we were top 25 in overall FG% (and way up there in 2pt %), but we were bottom 30 in turnovers. Clean that up, and I expect a big jump offensively.

The untold story, though, is the impact of turnovers on defense. They lead to easy buckets in transition, sure, but they also speed the game up (which is not Moser's MO) and put you in scramble mode defensively even when you do get back. They cause fouls, which puts your best players on the bench at key periods...

Clean up the turnovers, and we'll see a big jump.

I'm not sure about Sherfield yet, but Joe B is a very good perimeter defender and has better length and athleticism than any of our 3 guards from last year. I would argue that CJ Noland and Oweh both have the ability to defend at a high level on the perimeter.
He’s not a very good defender, but I think that has to do with his usage on offense & who he was playing for. I think he can be a decent defender under Moser.

I’m really interested to see him under Moser with his yank them out after mistakes habit.. He’s a bit of a gunner that lacks a little on defense, but he can score the ball & is a great passer.

But I’m optimistic that it’ll be good, mostly because Moser is a much bigger improvement over Alford.

Last edited by BCSooners; 07-23-2022 at 06:06 PM.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 09:25 PM   #36
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,273
Default Re: 2022-2023 Roster

Grant sherfield will be our best player.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 01:22 PM   #37
Soonerb98
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Posts: 19
Default Re: 2022-2023 Roster

Thanks pnkranger! That's great to hear about Bamisile's defense.
It is amazing to think a team could be top 40 offensive efficiency and outside the top 300 on turnovers in the same season!
Soonerb98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 12:31 PM   #38
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,637
Default Re: 2022-2023 Roster

Just saw on Twitter that Moser said he is still looking for players who could use the final scholarship. He said if they find someone who can help the team, they will use the ship.

He also said that Joe B will play on the trip, even though they havenít yet received a ruling on his waiver.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 02:49 PM   #39
NAIA All-Star
Sweet 16
 
NAIA All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 3,831
Default Re: 2022-2023 Roster

NAIA All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 03:50 PM   #40
Stikboy
All-American
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,745
Default Re: 2022-2023 Roster

https://soonersports.com/watch/?Arch...7&type=Archive

Last edited by Stikboy; 07-27-2022 at 03:54 PM.
Stikboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com