ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2022, 07:50 AM   #2526
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,273
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

NAIA the goat here!
CoachTalk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:34 AM   #2527
SoonerBounce13
National Champion
 
SoonerBounce13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,192
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Apparently you don't actually know what that word means. Or should I ask, "do you always just say strawman when you can't refute an argument, or just do that on message boards?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
Lol, I was having an Inigo Montoya moment myself. I really don't think he knows what that word means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTRKCXC0JFg
lol ok. continue on with your fallacies
__________________
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 09:38 AM   #2528
steverocks35
Final Four
 
steverocks35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,547
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBounce13 View Post
lol ok. continue on with your fallacies
A strawman argument has a specific definition. You don't seem to know what that is because his argument did not fit that definition at all.
steverocks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 09:48 AM   #2529
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,637
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
A strawman argument has a specific definition. You don't seem to know what that is because his argument did not fit that definition at all.
Thank you for pointing this out. People are free to disagree with any/all of my opinions, but I directly addressed all of his arguments point-by-point. That is anything but a strawman argument.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 10:56 AM   #2530
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 15,878
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
Thank you, NAIA for keeping all of us updated and informed. All of your work is greatly appreciated.....
jmizzy said it for me!

Much appreciated, NAIA!!!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 11:41 AM   #2531
steverocks35
Final Four
 
steverocks35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,547
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Thank you for pointing this out. People are free to disagree with any/all of my opinions, but I directly addressed all of his arguments point-by-point. That is anything but a strawman argument.
Yep, you did not distort his argument or any of his points
steverocks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 01:54 PM   #2532
NAIA All-Star
Sweet 16
 
NAIA All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 3,831
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Unpin and then Tad Glibert follows a portal kid - PJ Horne

No follow back yet.

And of course, you're welcome/thanks!
NAIA All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 02:05 PM   #2533
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 7,467
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIA All-Star View Post
Unpin and then Tad Glibert follows a portal kid - PJ Horne

No follow back yet.

And of course, you're welcome/thanks!
that guy would fit as a 1 year shooter off the bench ..
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:02 PM   #2534
SoonerBounce13
National Champion
 
SoonerBounce13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,192
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Thank you for pointing this out. People are free to disagree with any/all of my opinions, but I directly addressed all of his arguments point-by-point. That is anything but a strawman argument.
lol no you didn't. You deflected my argument into something else and then applied it to my original statement.

Me: I don't think players should be able to transfer without penalty
You: Why do you think players should be held to a different standard than coaches!!!!!!!

LOL
__________________
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:03 PM   #2535
SoonerBounce13
National Champion
 
SoonerBounce13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,192
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
Yep, you did not distort his argument or any of his points
lol ok
__________________
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 04:59 PM   #2536
CMSOONER
All-Conference
 
CMSOONER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,539
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
that guy would fit as a 1 year shooter off the bench ..
I think it might be more beneficial to get the young guys PT over brining in a 1 year potentially low impact bench player.
CMSOONER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 02:42 PM   #2537
Soonerb98
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Posts: 19
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Maybe I'm jaded by 2 straight years of 70%(ish) roster turnover, but I have a hard time seeing value in saving scholarship spots to use next year. I feel like we'll have spots for guys we want, and can get, next year too.
You're not bringing in a high impact player on roster spot #12, but having an additional low impact player seems like a plus to me. Hopefully the freshmen will take his minutes away by mid season, but if not we may be glad to have him.
Soonerb98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 02:56 PM   #2538
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,273
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerb98 View Post
Maybe I'm jaded by 2 straight years of 70%(ish) roster turnover, but I have a hard time seeing value in saving scholarship spots to use next year. I feel like we'll have spots for guys we want, and can get, next year too.
You're not bringing in a high impact player on roster spot #12, but having an additional low impact player seems like a plus to me. Hopefully the freshmen will take his minutes away by mid season, but if not we may be glad to have him.
Could be a high impact mid year guy or as someone said. Why waste and for sure have 2 next year. Let those pups get some minutes.
CoachTalk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:49 PM   #2539
skyvue
National Champion
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,483
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Could be a high impact mid year guy or as someone said. Why waste and for sure have 2 next year. Let those pups get some minutes.
I'm not eager to sacrifice even one win to get "those pups" some minutes. Let 'em earn those minutes and let's win every game possible. I'll worry about 2024 next off-season.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 06:47 PM   #2540
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,273
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
I'm not eager to sacrifice even one win to get "those pups" some minutes. Let 'em earn those minutes and let's win every game possible. I'll worry about 2024 next off-season.
Bringing in a guy this late likely won’t be better than the pups we have is what I’m saying.
CoachTalk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 07:13 PM   #2541
skyvue
National Champion
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,483
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Bringing in a guy this late likely won’t be better than the pups we have is what I’m saying.
A quality one-year player will have experience that could prove beneficial, even if he's not an all-conference talent.

That said, I have no idea who's still out there. I inferred that there was someone we were considering, but perhaps I misunderstood. I agree there's no need to bring a mere warm body.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:45 PM   #2542
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,273
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
A quality one-year player will have experience that could prove beneficial, even if he's not an all-conference talent.

That said, I have no idea who's still out there. I inferred that there was someone we were considering, but perhaps I misunderstood. I agree there's no need to bring a mere warm body.
Staff always looking. We’ll see what happens. I think it’ll have to be a real surprise player.
CoachTalk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com