ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2019, 09:56 AM   #1
Sooner Season
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 77
Default Point spread for tonight's game.....

......is 4 points????

What am I missing??
Sooner Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:58 AM   #2
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,836
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner Season View Post
......is 4 points????

What am I missing??
Tech was favored by 1.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:05 AM   #3
opsooner
Final Four
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,433
Default

Vegas and the betting public are not paying attention. OU tends to be overvalued when they are not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
opsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:06 AM   #4
sperry
All-American
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,818
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

Makai and king McClure may not play. They were out Saturday against k-state.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #5
BoulderSooner
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 3,438
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by opsooner View Post
Vegas and the betting public are not paying attention. OU tends to be overvalued when they are not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ou has been fantastic Against the spread this season
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:07 AM   #6
SoonerTraveler
Final Four
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,633
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Makai and king McClure may not play. They were out Saturday against k-state.
Yep. These Baylor injuries should significantly help OU's chances for a big road win tonight.
__________________
OU Baseball: 1951 & 1994 National Champions / 10 NCAA College World Series Appearances
SoonerTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:07 AM   #7
sheepdogs1
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

Perhaps some crow will be served tonight.
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:18 AM   #8
WichitaSooner
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,508
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

We were originally +7 but Vegas LOVES our assistant coaches and moved the line accordingly.

In case the emoji doesn't make it clear, just a little humor. At this point, that might be all we have left!
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:20 AM   #9
Soonerinkc
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,227
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
Perhaps some crow will be served tonight.
crow...why? 2 days ago we didn't know bu's injury status. THAT was the time I figured (even up to yesterday at 5 pm when bu played ksu and saw the injury issue for bu) I would tell ya OU will be lucky to win 1 more game. So if you mean eating crow because OU could win with bu missing 2 starters...then yeah, I guess.

bu hung with ksu most of the game. I'll take bu +4. If OU wins I'll be the happy guy...but I'm taking the odds, not what I want.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:25 AM   #10
opsooner
Final Four
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
ou has been fantastic Against the spread this season

I guess we know how you are betting on this one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
opsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #11
SoonerTraveler
Final Four
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,633
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

The Sooners have had a lot of success at Baylor over the years. Overall, OU has won 74% (45-16) of all games played between the two schools.

http://soonerstats.com/basketball/me...s.cfm?oppid=25
__________________
OU Baseball: 1951 & 1994 National Champions / 10 NCAA College World Series Appearances
SoonerTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:28 AM   #12
Soonerinkc
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,227
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
We were originally +7 but Vegas LOVES our assistant coaches and moved the line accordingly.

In case the emoji doesn't make it clear, just a little humor. At this point, that might be all we have left!
that made me chuckle...unfortunately~
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:31 AM   #13
sheepdogs1
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerinkc View Post
crow...why? 2 days ago we didn't know bu's injury status. THAT was the time I figured (even up to yesterday at 5 pm when bu played ksu and saw the injury issue for bu) I would tell ya OU will be lucky to win 1 more game. So if you mean eating crow because OU could win with bu missing 2 starters...then yeah, I guess.

bu hung with ksu most of the game. I'll take bu +4. If OU wins I'll be the happy guy...but I'm taking the odds, not what I want.
That was the assertion (I knowz it).
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:33 AM   #14
AdaSooner
Administrator
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,162
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

Nothing I would like better than eating a healthy platter of crow if OU can get revenge for the beat down this team suffered at Baylorís hands in Norman. I just want them to be ready to play from the opening tip!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #15
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,836
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

If they are without Makai and McClure, OU better not lose... Those are two starters in the background. That would be like OU rolling in without Christian James and Aaron Calixte. We'd get beat by 35.

All pressure is on OU in this one, considering they have significant injuries.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:42 AM   #16
SoonerTraveler
Final Four
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,633
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
Nothing I would like better than eating a healthy platter of crow if OU can get revenge for the beat down this team suffered at Baylorís hands in Norman. I just want them to be ready to play from the opening tip!
Why would you eat crow? A big road win tonight would be pleasing to all. However, OU would then be 4-8 in the conference. Caw Caw
__________________
OU Baseball: 1951 & 1994 National Champions / 10 NCAA College World Series Appearances
SoonerTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:54 AM   #17
AdaSooner
Administrator
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,162
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerTraveler View Post
Why would you eat crow? A big road win tonight would be pleasing to all. However, OU would then be 4-8 in the conference. Caw Caw
Any crow served up for me will not have a thing to do with how I feel about our players. There is no doubt in my mind they can win tonight.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:58 AM   #18
TulsaWorld
Walk-on
 
TulsaWorld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 405
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

Oklahoma at Baylor at 8 p.m. tonight

ESPN2, KMOD fm97.5

Oklahoma (15-9, 3-8)

Ht.;Pt.;Rb.

G;Bieniemy;6-4;2.4;3.1*

G;James;6-4;15.6;7.0

G;Calixte;5-11;7.7;2.5*

F;Manek;6-9;11.6;6.5

F;Doolittle;6-7;9.3;6.6

*assists per game

Baylor (15-8, 6-4)

Ht.;Pt.;Rb.

G;Bandoo;6-3;7.2;1.7

G;Butler;6-3;8.6;2.7*

F;Gillespie;6-8;4.8;3.9

F;Kegler;6-7;9.1;5.7

F;Vital;6-5;6.4;7.0

*assists per game

Preview from Eric Bailey...

Quote:
Answers have been difficult to find for the current four-game losing streak, but Kristian Doolittle says a freefall in the confidence level isn’t the reason for the current woes.

“It’s just attention to detail that we noticed a dip in,” Doolittle said after Saturday’s 66-54 loss to Texas Tech. “Starting with me. I have to hold myself accountable and hold my teammates accountable and it goes for all the seniors as well. Everyone has a voice on the team.

“We all listen to whoever’s talking, but in the moment it’s a little bit difficult to not have a lapse at times. (We have) to minimize those as much as possible.”

Oklahoma’s current losing skid started with an embarrassing 77-47 home loss to the Bears on Jan. 28. Baylor is trying to bounce back after back-to-back losses to Texas and Kansas State.
__________________
---
Happy to share Tulsa World's best OU articles/galleries/etc. Please e-mail questions for reporters to web@tulsaworld.com
TulsaWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:10 PM   #19
Sooner Season
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 77
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
If they are without Makai and McClure, OU better not lose... Those are two starters in the background. That would be like OU rolling in without Christian James and Aaron Calixte. We'd get beat by 35.

All pressure is on OU in this one, considering they have significant injuries.
So you're saying Calixte and James are worth 5 points, because we got beat by 30 at home WITH them.

Based on the optimism on this thread, i'm expecting the line to be pick'em by game time if you guys are betting.

Hope you're right!!
Sooner Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:04 PM   #20
WichitaSooner
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,508
Default Re: Point spread for tonight's game.....

TCU by 3.5 over KU?!? Seems like easy money on KU.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com