ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2019, 11:56 PM   #26
Max Power
Elite Eight
 
Max Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,066
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjamb View Post
Last year was a disaster. Last year was a team that should have been very good absolutely imploding. There is no excuse for last year. This year, however, is a transition year. We are all disappointed by the recent play, but no one thought before the season this team would be very good. They overachieved in the non-con.
The team last year imploded because outside of trae, itís the same guys back this year imploding
__________________
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end." - Larry Bird

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:16 AM   #27
sooner 1234
Role Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 504
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
So you think the committee put us in because of Trae, thinking ratings would shoot through the roof for that 11:15 Thursday morning tip?

I guess that's why Ben Simmons and LSU made it in 2016. Oh, wait ...

March Madness ratings don't depend on individual players. Millions of people watch every year precisely because they enjoy seeing no-name schools and players. This conspiracy that we got in because the NCAA wanted Trae in is as bizarre as the conspiracy that Kelvin was forced out. The fact is, we made the tournament. I know that makes it tougher to argue that we were horrible, awful, embarrassing, etc.
LSU wasnít a fringe team that year . Yes I do think they put OU because of a young .
It wasnít because of their play the last two months .
sooner 1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:28 AM   #28
sooner 1234
Role Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 504
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjamb View Post
Last year was a disaster. Last year was a team that should have been very good absolutely imploding. There is no excuse for last year. This year, however, is a transition year. We are all disappointed by the recent play, but no one thought before the season this team would be very good. They overachieved in the non-con.
I really wish people would quit using the term ďtransitionalĒ year.

Transitional would be the year after the FF run . Going from something great to a below average year so to attrition and/ coaches leaving .

We havenít transitioned from anything this year . We were bad last season ( didnít belong in the NCAA tourney ) and we have CONTINUED on that same level this year .
Sure nobody expected much this year , why because we werenít good by the end of last season ......now minus a lotto pic this season .

We werenít ina the transitional year , itís just what are program has become the last three seasons .....below average .

Replacing legends ( 16-17) ,McDonaldís All american/lotto pic(17-18) oldest team in college basketball (18-19)........Its doesnít matter , they all have one thing in common ......bad basketball .
This season isnít a transitional year , itís just what we have become .
sooner 1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:13 AM   #29
WichitaSooner
Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,363
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner 1234 View Post
LSU wasnít a fringe team that year . Yes I do think they put OU because of a young .
It wasnít because of their play the last two months .
Correct. It was because of their play from game one through game 31.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:49 AM   #30
BoulderSooner
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 3,383
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Correct. It was because of their play from game one through game 31.
bingo
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:57 AM   #31
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKC
Posts: 5,695
Red face Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Correct. It was because of their play from game one through game 31.
Right on this one
__________________

Manic Manek
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:32 AM   #32
TINY
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,760
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Correct. It was because of their play from game one through game 31.
Some weirdos on this board think ou could have gone winless and they would have still included Trae young in the tournament.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:32 PM   #33
sooner 1234
Role Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 504
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY View Post
Some weirdos on this board think ou could have gone winless and they would have still included Trae young in the tournament.
I know you guys live on the board but I didnít know you lived under a rock as well .
sooner 1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:52 PM   #34
WichitaSooner
Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,363
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY View Post
Some weirdos on this board think ou could have gone winless and they would have still included Trae young in the tournament.
Lol so true. Apparently the NCAA managed to keep itself afloat financially by the extra revenue generated by our matchup with Rhode Island. My office can't be the only one that declared a holiday so people could stay home to watch that!
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:49 PM   #35
Ghost of Gar Heard
Role Player
 
Ghost of Gar Heard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 585
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Lol so true. Apparently the NCAA managed to keep itself afloat financially by the extra revenue generated by our matchup with Rhode Island. My office can't be the only one that declared a holiday so people could stay home to watch that!
You know, the same way they put LSU in the tournament just bc of Ben Simmons.

What? That didn't happen?

To some people, the only games that count are the ones OU loses. Of course, since those are the only ones they comment on, maybe those are the only ones they know about.
Ghost of Gar Heard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:48 AM   #36
MrAnderson
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 116
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

16-31 record now. Good for dead last. The writing's on the wall.
MrAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:11 AM   #37
coolm
National Champion
 
coolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,887
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

yes, keep making fun of those who think OU's team last year was piss poor. OUr motivation is the health and future of the program. It seems as though the motivation of others is to win by the spread so making bets is safe. you would leverage the programs' future just to make some cash off of the next game. we get it. not all of us view it that way.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:36 AM   #38
MrAnderson
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 116
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolm View Post
yes, keep making fun of those who think OU's team last year was piss poor. OUr motivation is the health and future of the program. It seems as though the motivation of others is to win by the spread so making bets is safe. you would leverage the programs' future just to make some cash off of the next game. we get it. not all of us view it that way.
Was this directed at me? I have no idea what you're talking about.
MrAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #39
coolm
National Champion
 
coolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,887
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
Was this directed at me? I have no idea what you're talking about.
some people are only concerned about their personal experience vis a vis the program while others views are more altruistic. I'm sure you can figure out where you fit in that gamut.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:19 PM   #40
MrAnderson
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 116
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolm View Post
some people are only concerned about their personal experience vis a vis the program while others views are more altruistic. I'm sure you can figure out where you fit in that gamut.
Dont shoot the messenger. Also, my fandom is none of your concern, thank you.
MrAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:25 PM   #41
coolm
National Champion
 
coolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,887
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
Dont shoot the messenger. Also, my fandom is none of your concern, thank you.
the health of the program is my concern. if your fandom runs contrary to that and influences it in such a manner then it becomes my concern. thank you.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:45 PM   #42
MrAnderson
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 116
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolm View Post
the health of the program is my concern. if your fandom runs contrary to that and influences it in such a manner then it becomes my concern. thank you.
Pointing out facts (OU has the worst big 12 record last 3 years) on a fan message board is detrimental to the health of the program? Nonsense.

But i hope I have as much influence as you fear I do. We need regime change asap.
MrAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #43
MrAnderson
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 116
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

And I'm also not sure what my calling for a coaching change has to do with sports betting.
MrAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:51 PM   #44
coolm
National Champion
 
coolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,887
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

you're assuming I am speaking about you. you're also assuming I disagree with you. you're likely wrong on both counts. and don't underestimate the effects of what is said on social media. you'd be very surprised how far some of these things reach. and who repeats them.

Last edited by coolm; 02-10-2019 at 12:54 PM.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #45
sheepdogs1
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

People, if you have something to say then just say it directly as opposed to the indirect-beating around the bush approach which leaves a whole bunch said, but not much understood.
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:01 PM   #46
Hollisp
Role Player
 
Hollisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 600
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

What is happening right now?
Hollisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:53 PM   #47
MrAnderson
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 116
Default Re: 16-29 in Big 12 play since Buddy left

16-32
MrAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com