ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 01-17-2019, 06:20 PM   #251
AdaSooner
Administrator

Default Re: OU vs KSU from the LNC 6pm ESPN 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Gar Heard View Post
I tend to agree. A lot of times coaches will downplay injuries so as to not give anything away but McNeace is playing and seems to be moving well. Maybe it's just the rust but the team needs him on both ends. It's clear that we need another scorer and he can be that guy if he commits to it.

I genuinely feel bad for the guy that this is his senior season and it's going (individually) right down the drain but it seems to me the only one with the ability to turn that around is him.
Well said, Gar. I feel bad for Muni too. I was told two weeks ago he had been cleared to play. There is no structural damage, his ankle doesnít even swell. He is the one who needs to decide how his senior season will be rememberedónot necessarily by teammates and fans, but by him.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:43 PM   #252
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Default Re: OU vs KSU from the LNC 6pm ESPN2

Lon pretty much confirmed on his show tonight that he's going to look to play Calixte off the ball more to try to get him more shots and give JB more time at the point. Still wonder how it'll play out Saturday...Texas is much bigger and more athletic so it's a difficult matchup.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:00 PM   #253
stormspencer
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Lon pretty much confirmed on his show tonight that he's going to look to play Calixte off the ball more to try to get him more shots and give JB more time at the point. Still wonder how it'll play out Saturday...Texas is much bigger and more athletic so it's a difficult matchup.
My main reason for optimism on Saturday is that Texas is a worse jump shooting team than we are. If we defend....we will be in the game.
stormspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:05 AM   #254
Soonerinkc
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
not a horrible option...
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:22 PM   #255
oudna
All-American

McNeace injured his ankle before the game vs Notre Dame 12/4.

He only sat out 2 complete games, ND and Wichita.

It’s 6 1/2 weeks later and cleary still an issue.

I watched him in shoot-around vs TCU and he clearly couldn’t jump like he’s accustomed to. I saw him in the lay-up line vs KU and he said “I’ve got no bounce”.

Lon is not going to throw anyone under the bus. He’s a pro. But it was clearly mismanaged.
oudna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:55 PM   #256
oudna
All-American

McNeace fine tho
oudna is offline   Reply With Quote