ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 01-09-2019, 08:09 AM   #251
jaymOU
Role Player

Default Re: OU v TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaustin View Post
75% of charges are BS. No one knows what they are imo. I would call them about 25% of the time. They need to be taken out of the game imo
They teach officials there should be way more blocks than charges, but when I watch games, it seems completely the opposite.

It needs to be addressed as it is killing offense in a time where college offense struggles already. The call on Doolittle was awful and even worse was the "blocking" call on Calixte at the end of the shot clock. Awful.
jaymOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:52 AM   #252
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymOU View Post
They teach officials there should be way more blocks than charges, but when I watch games, it seems completely the opposite.

It needs to be addressed as it is killing offense in a time where college offense struggles already. The call on Doolittle was awful and even worse was the "blocking" call on Calixte at the end of the shot clock. Awful.
Really? Hmm.. I'm in total agreement with you. To me, nothing gets the referee more excited than making the BIG charge call... i mean look at how they signal it!! Its stupid

Manic Manek
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:06 AM   #253
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Really? Hmm.. I'm in total agreement with you. To me, nothing gets the referee more excited than making the BIG charge call... i mean look at how they signal it!! Its stupid
You rang!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Gt_m3iG4duuQFQ
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:27 AM   #254
WichitaSooner
Starter

Quote:
What makes no sense is why the NCAA doesn't ever make this a point of emphasis. Every year they do that with various rules to try to increase offense and help the flow of the game. One easy step would be to tell refs very clearly that the benefit of the doubt should always go to the offensive player when a help defender tries to draw a charge.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:28 AM   #255
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Year after year, TT enjoys a wonderful 'home court advantage'. At WVU, 25 PF against them. At home? 14.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!

Last edited by MsProudSooner; 01-09-2019 at 10:31 AM.
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:28 AM   #256
jaymOU
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
You can even hear how they whistle it differently. So frustrating. One of my son's gym teacher was involved in some higher level officiating classes and told me all kind of information that seems to get lost. It's not just OU games, I watch lots of college basketball and just laugh at the number of charges called. It's out of control!
jaymOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:37 AM   #257
oudna
All-American

Quote:
So true
oudna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:29 PM   #258
TulsaWorld
Walk-on

From Eric Bailey: What we learned from Tuesday's loss at Texas Tech...

Quote:
Oklahoma only shot 32.3 percent from the field against the Red Raiders (who possess the nation’s top defense statistically). But the Sooners didn’t make things easy for Texas Tech, which allowed them to stay in the game.

The game was tied at 51 with 4:46 left in regulation after Brady Manek hit a 3-pointer before the Red Raiders put together a late run.

Texas Tech coach Chris Beard was asked about the Sooners’ defense.

"They did really good, they are a patient defense. A lot of people associate patience with offensive basketball but a good defense can be patient too, what I mean by that is they do not foul,” Beard said. “It is a big identity of Oklahoma basketball they do not foul much. You have to work to get possession, so when it gets to be mid-to-late clock, you got to work at them and go at them with the courage to make a play.”