ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2018, 09:58 PM   #1
Soonerinkc
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,231
Default College Basketball HOF game KC 2019

Missouri
Oklahoma
Stanford
Butler


I'll be going but DAMN...a local team SUCKS .

Tickets were $15 - 10 rows from floor this year.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:34 AM   #2
ksSooner13
Role Player
 
ksSooner13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 826
Default Re: College Basketball HOF game KC 2019

Mizzou and Oklahoma should bring in more people than Taco Tech and Nebraska
__________________
In Lon We Trust!
ksSooner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:41 AM   #3
WichitaSooner
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 561
Default Re: College Basketball HOF game KC 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksSooner13 View Post
Mizzou and Oklahoma should bring in more people than Taco Tech and Nebraska
I wouldn't be so sure about OU bringing more fans than Nebraska. OU can hardly get any fans to travel to KC for the conference tourney, so I wouldn't expect many to make the trip for a tournament right before Thanksgiving. Mizzou, on the other hand, will have plenty of people there.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:52 AM   #4
Soonerinkc
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,231
Default Re: College Basketball HOF game KC 2019

yup..that's what stinks....local school = higher priced tickets or worse seats.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:38 PM   #5
thewez
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 204
Default Re: College Basketball HOF game KC 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about OU bringing more fans than Nebraska. OU can hardly get any fans to travel to KC for the conference tourney, so I wouldn't expect many to make the trip for a tournament right before Thanksgiving. Mizzou, on the other hand, will have plenty of people there.
Mizzou will sell that out themselves. Plenty of MU fans here in KC
thewez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:51 AM   #6
Soonerinkc
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,231
Default Re: College Basketball HOF game KC 2019

hopefully they (mu) kind of suck early on next yr...so they aren't as likely to go watch.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:01 PM   #7
SoonerTraveler
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,987
Default Re: College Basketball HOF game KC 2019

Mizzou sucks. Always has. Based on my decades of attending Big-8/12 basketball tournaments in KC, their basketball fan-base contains large numbers of terrible human beings. As bad as they are, Colorado Buffalo football fans are even worse.

I miss the trips to OU games at Nebraska and aTm, but I am so pleased that Mizzou and Colorado are darkening somebody else's conference.
__________________
SoonerTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:31 PM   #8
WichitaSooner
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 561
Default Re: College Basketball HOF game KC 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerinkc View Post
hopefully they (mu) kind of suck early on next yr...so they aren't as likely to go watch.
They just drew fewer than 10,000 for a home game this week in their 15,000 seat arena, so I think it is very unlikely that they will come close to filling the Sprint Center, unless their team makes a huge turnaround by next November. They will obviously have more fans there than OU, Butler, or Stanford, but it won't be like those classic conference tourney games from the early 2000s when we repeatedly beat them in front of a full house of MU fans in Kemper.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:07 PM   #9
sheepdogs1
All-American
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,241
Default Re: College Basketball HOF game KC 2019

Missouri basketball prominence has taken a hit over the years for they've undergone losing seasons in 3 of the past 4 years and are currently 3 and 3 this year. Tickets will likely not be scarce to come by.
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:10 PM   #10
BigTime
The Red Wig
 
BigTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Downtown trying to get homeless to the LNC
Posts: 11,551
Default Re: College Basketball HOF game KC 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
They just drew fewer than 10,000 for a home game this week in their 15,000 seat arena, so I think it is very unlikely that they will come close to filling the Sprint Center, unless their team makes a huge turnaround by next November. They will obviously have more fans there than OU, Butler, or Stanford, but it won't be like those classic conference tourney games from the early 2000s when we repeatedly beat them in front of a full house of MU fans in Kemper.
No way they had anywhere close to 10k butts in seats. Their attendance is about like ours - sadly. Tickets sold maybe...
__________________
--------------------------------------------


SLAAAAAAAAAAAAM!
-BBS
BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:43 PM   #11
Soonerinkc
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,231
Default Re: College Basketball HOF game KC 2019

True...but being Thanksgiving week...city of 1 million, a few fans might just decide it's better than driving 2 hrs to Columbia for a game...especially early in the season.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com