ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 10-16-2018, 08:41 PM   #26
Soonerinkc
All-Conference

Default Re: Practice news?

ask the football team about not having a defense (with a GREAT offense...) ..doesn't work well sometimes~
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:03 PM   #27
Eielson
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerinkc View Post
ask the football team about not having a defense (with a GREAT offense...) ..doesn't work well sometimes~
I'd take the football team's results any day.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM   #28
thebigabd
National Champion

Any more news about Polla and Kuath?
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM   #29
MisterF
Walk-on

I was there today. I think Kur is better than what I believed would be the case. I’m betting he helps this year. Polla looked more comfortable and I thought he had slimmed up.
MisterF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM   #30
BCSooners
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF View Post
I was there today. I think Kur is better than what I believed would be the case. Iím betting he helps this year. Polla looked more comfortable and I thought he had slimmed up.
Great insight. Any other news of note?
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:58 AM   #31
MisterF
Walk-on

I liked the hustle I was seeing. The fitness looked great. Two grad transfers can play and score. The team chemistry appears to be good. The bigs were getting after each other. I thought the wings were shooting the ball very good including Brady. Our freshman has some hops. He made a dunk off a rebound that made the team get excited.
Last year OU was 18-14 and 8-10. I think this team could challenge those numbers. I say that without knowing much about the rest of the league. I went to practice with not much expectations. I came away with the thought this team will be competitive most nights and have a chance. Iím excited to watch them.
As always as a guest I was treated very nice. All the players gave handshakes to the fans that were present including Coach K.
Old Today, 08:02 AM   #32
TheMont
Role Player

Quote:
I liked the hustle I was seeing. The fitness looked great. Two grad transfers can play and score. The team chemistry appears to be good. The bigs were getting after each other. I thought the wings were shooting the ball very good including Brady. Our freshman has some hops. He made a dunk off a rebound that made the team get excited.
Last year OU was 18-14 and 8-10. I think this team could challenge those numbers. I say that without knowing much about the rest of the league. I went to practice with not much expectations. I came away with the thought this team will be competitive most nights and have a chance. Iím excited to watch them.
As always as a guest I was treated very nice. All the players gave handshakes to the fans that were present including Coach K.
Awesome!! Thank you for the info! I know I'm not alone as someone who is too far away to attend practices and is chomping at the bit to watch this team.
TheMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:26 AM   #33
Stikboy
Starter

Quote:
Thanks for the report.

For a long time, I had thought this team was just kind of rag tag talent wise, and the staff was waiting for the new recruits to come in to start a new base of higher expectations. Well it sounds like with the veteran leadership, more reliance on defense(hopefully), and more toughness(hopefully), that OU may be able to have a good year and it not just be a throwaway. Will be interesting. Good to year about Bienemy and Kuath..
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:59 AM   #34
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Last year OU was 18-14 and 8-10. I think this team could challenge those numbers. I say that without knowing much about the rest of the league. I went to practice with not much expectations. I came away with the thought this team will be competitive most nights and have a chance. I’m excited to watch them.
Thanks for the practice report, MisterF! To be honest I was going into the season more optimistic than most, mainly because I believed what I was told last year after the team meeting about selling out on defense. I also liked what I saw on video of Bieniemy and our two grad transfers.

I didn’t expect much out of Kur Kauth and Hans Polla. Your report changed that. I also liked what you had to say about conditioning, another commitment the players made in that team meeting. I’m anxious for the season to start!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:44 PM   #35
vbdad
Role Player

Mister F what was your impression of Doolittle? I hear he is challenging to start at the 3 with Brady at the 4. He is reminding them of the player he was two years ago. If he can improve off his freshman season it will help us tremendously.

The team leaves in an hour for Vegas and the preseason scrimmage in the morning. I'm hoping for reports on it.
vbdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:03 PM   #36
SoonerTraveler
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbdad View Post
Mister F what was your impression of Doolittle? I hear he is challenging to start at the 3 with Brady at the 4. He is reminding them of the player he was two years ago. If he can improve off his freshman season it will help us tremendously.

The team leaves in an hour for Vegas and the preseason scrimmage in the morning. I'm hoping for reports on it.
Sorry if it is already posted elsewhere. Who is the scrimmage opponent this time in Las Vegas? Thanks.
Old Today, 02:37 PM   #37
BigTime
The Red Wig

Thank you, MisterF

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAM!
-BBS
BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:45 PM   #38
sooner333
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerTraveler View Post
Sorry if it is already posted elsewhere. Who is the scrimmage opponent this time in Las Vegas? Thanks.

I think I had read it is Southern Utah
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:30 PM   #39
MisterF
Walk-on

It looked like top 7

Calixte - he can score and dish
James
Doolittle\Odomes
Manek
McNeace

Reynolds- 6th man

But itís early

Odomes looked like the best wing defender
Old Today, 05:52 PM   #40
vbdad
Role Player

Rashard will play less than last year unless he really improves in the preseason. Both Calixte and Reynolds are playing well.

Coach Kruger is pleased with the team so far. Hopefully they justify it.
vbdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:02 PM   #41
tooney
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbdad View Post

^^^^I was hoping for this during the off-season.