ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 04-07-2019, 02:36 PM   #51
SoonerTraveler
Final Four

Default Re: Fred Hoiberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Gar Heard View Post
1. A university or NBA team could pay that, not saying they would, but it doesn't have to come out of Hoiberg's pocket.
2. It's still strange that Hoiberg would agree to it. Did he have no better offers? There were myriad reports linking him to UCLA, which has now lost at least its 1st 2 choices. They didn't want him? Was he that desperate? It's been reported he doesn't like to recruit. Strange.
Fred Hoiberg on accepting Nebraska basketball job: 'There is great potential for the future'
https://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-b...f1be45b2c.html

Quote:
The 46-year-old Hoiberg was born in Lincoln and is the grandson of Jerry Bush, Nebraska’s basketball coach from 1954 to 1963.

“I can’t express how excited I am to be back on the sidelines and to be coaching at a university that means a lot to my family and me,” Hoiberg said in a press release. “Lincoln is a special place for our family. I was born in Lincoln, my grandfather Jerry Bush was the head coach at Nebraska, my other grandfather was a longtime professor there, and my parents are proud graduates of the University of Nebraska.

“Nebraska has always felt like a second home.”