ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 04-15-2019, 12:51 PM   #1
Sooner Season
Walk-on

Default Dreaming....but wouldn't these guys be a nice addition for next year

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...thers-transfer
Sooner Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:07 PM   #2
WichitaSooner
Starter

Default Re: Dreaming....but wouldn't these guys be a nice addition for next year

Wow, can't believe they are leaving. Some team will b e very happy to have them. Let's hope that team isn't in our conference unless it is OU!
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
vbdad
Role Player

Default Re: Dreaming....but wouldn't these guys be a nice addition for next year

We only have one scholarship for next year. We need one to walk on like the Graham’s did at osu under Sutton. I never bought that their family was paying out of state tuition for Stevie.
It would be great having two tall guys that can shoot!
vbdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:45 PM   #4
sperry
All-American

Only thing that would make sense for these guys to leave Marquette is if they are trying to get to a true blue blood that can win a championship. Although that Marquette team should have been a legit final four contender this year. What a rough blow and a bizarre move from these kids.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:55 PM   #5
Eielson
Starter

I bet they go to Kansas.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:58 PM   #6
sperry
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
I bet they go to Kansas.
Would be a logical landing spot, and would suck for us. Next year KU is looking like a mess. If Doke leaves, KU will be a mess next year.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:19 PM   #7
thegreyghost
Walk-on

Both have to sit out next year according to article
thegreyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:03 PM   #8
sperry
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreyghost View Post
If they apply for a hardship they won't. No idea on the basketball front, but NCAA has been handing them out for laughable reasons in football.

NCAA is completely impotent. LSU has reinstated Will Wade, despite him being caught on camera talking about buying a player. They know the NCAA won't do anything about it.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:29 PM   #9
Eielson
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreyghost View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the older one found a way to graduate early. Just a hunch, though.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:49 PM   #10
WichitaSooner
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Would be a logical landing spot, and would suck for us. Next year KU is looking like a mess. If Doke leaves, KU will be a mess next year.
A mess? Seriously?
Old 04-15-2019, 05:57 PM   #11
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight

I love their game. I would die if someone else got them in the big 12. They ought to just stay at marquette 1 more year if they can't get the other the hardship

Manic Manek
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:44 PM   #12
mict085
Role Player

Why are they leaving Marquette? Seems strange.

Is this the new normal?

Do we have any chance at all or is this just a dream?
mict085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:28 AM   #13
Sooner Season
Walk-on

As the title says, it's a dream unless somebody knows something different. If you want to wish upon a star a little more in depth, here is a comprehensive list of transfers. There are several I would love to have. Maybe Kruger can work his transfer magic to supplement next year's team instead of building most of a team like he had to do last year.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...019-20-2020-21
Sooner Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:24 PM   #14
jaymOU
Role Player

Shakur Juiston, 6-7, 220 pounds, PF, RS Jr., UNLV would be a yes for me. If memory serves, OU recruited him some. I'd love to have another "banger".
jaymOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:58 PM   #15
Eielson
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymOU View Post
Shakur Juiston, 6-7, 220 pounds, PF, RS Jr., UNLV would be a yes for me. If memory serves, OU recruited him some. I'd love to have another "banger".
I was dissapointed we didn't get him, and I would love him if he's healthy. I believe he had knee surgery in January.

Last edited by Eielson; 04-16-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:06 PM   #16
mict085
Role Player

What about Blackshear from VaTech?

Jayce Johnson from Utah?

Who do we have a shot at for grad transfers?
Old 04-17-2019, 09:38 AM   #17
vbdad
Role Player

Blackshear would be perfect
Old 04-17-2019, 09:56 AM   #18
vbdad
Role Player

Admon Gilder from A&M is a possibility from what I hear. He is a 6’4” wing which doesn’t seem to be a position of need.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:00 AM   #19
SoonerTraveler
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbdad View Post
Admon Gilder from A&M is a possibility from what I hear. He is a 6’4” wing which doesn’t seem to be a position of need.
https://www.theeagle.com/aggie_sport...0ca1c629f.html
Old 04-17-2019, 01:10 PM   #20
Eielson
Starter

Quote:
I think we could find a place for him.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:09 PM   #21
Ghost of Gar Heard
Role Player

Quote:
Good player. I agree that it's not really a position of need but it would just mean a lot of small lineups... maybe even some 4-guard lineups. We would sacrifice some interior defense & rebounding & try to make up for it with steals, transition points, & 3's.

It's probably best just to find the best guy we can get & make it work the best we can. Every team always had weaknesses so may as well make or strengths stronger.
Ghost of Gar Heard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:38 PM   #22
mict085
Role Player

We really need a post player, not another guard.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:00 AM   #23
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by mict085 View Post
We really need a post player, not another guard.
The odds of getting a legit big man this late in the game are basically 1/100. Those guys get paid big bucks to go to KU, Duke, unc, et al.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:25 AM   #24
sperry
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
A mess? Seriously?
Yes. If doke leaves they will have lost both Lawson’s, doke, Vick, Grimes, Dotson, moore. They have the 58th ranked recruiting class coming in.

Which means your team next year would be Mitch lightfoot, David McCormack, Garrett, , ogbaji, and two freshmen ranked between 100 and 150.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:32 AM   #25
WichitaSooner
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Yes. If doke leaves they will have lost both Lawson’s, doke, Vick, Grimes, Dotson, moore. They have the 58th ranked recruiting class coming in.

Which means your team next year would be Mitch lightfoot, David McCormack, Garrett, , ogbaji, and two freshmen ranked between 100 and 150.
You can't seriously think Dotson isn't going to be on their team next season. KJ and Moore barely played, which is why they are leaving. No loss there. And there is no chance their recruiting class is complete.