ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 04-12-2019, 03:04 PM   #101
Salt City Sooner
Walk-on

Default Re: Cam Lard

Saw this over on 247, fwiw:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spor...131058225/Amp/

-John Wooden-
Salt City Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:35 PM   #102
Ghost of Gar Heard
Role Player

As others have said, it's fine to report who has declared for the draft but far too early for conjecture about what it means in terms of who will win the conference or what it means for Self. Any or all of those players who have declared for the draft might return. ISU might lose all of those guys or might lose none of them. Culver, for sure is gone. Probably Lawson, too, but there's a pretty good chance that both Grimes & Dotson return for KU.
Ghost of Gar Heard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:29 PM   #103
stormspencer
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
Interesting article. I would have OSU #8 and WV #10 higher.....while I would have TCU #5 and K-State #6 both lower.
stormspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:09 PM   #104
Eielson
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY View Post
Iím not seeing an improved Ku roster next year. Also believe tech is going to win the conference again with beard at the helm. That guy is special.
People were on here last year saying this was Self's best roster. Obviously that didn't work out. The preseason roster might not be as "good," but the team will be much better. They're not the locks to win it like they have been for most of a decade, but they're still the favorites.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:06 PM   #105
WichitaSooner
Starter

Post Re: Cam Lard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
People were on here last year saying this was Self's best roster. Obviously that didn't work out. The preseason roster might not be as "good," but the team will be much better. They're not the locks to win it like they have been for most of a decade, but they're still the favorites.
I was one of those who said that, but that was when the roster included Doke, Vick, and De Sousa. Even without De Sousa, that team was number one in the country and undefeated. It just shows how much injuries and attrition can affect things.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:38 PM   #106
Ghost of Gar Heard
Role Player

I thought it was 1 of KU's best rosters as well. Then DeSouza was ineligible, Done got hurt, & Vick checked out & they lost a lot.
Ghost of Gar Heard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:34 PM   #107
Eielson
Starter

It was a better roster with those 3, but I don't think it would have challenged to be Self's best roster. This year's team had uncharacteristically bad guard play by KU standards.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:07 PM   #108
StinkyPete43
Walk-on

Does anyone know what truly happened to Vick? He was doing well to start the season but then had some personal issues and went home.
StinkyPete43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:20 PM   #109
WichitaSooner
Starter

Exclamation Re: Cam Lard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyPete43 View Post
Does anyone know what truly happened to Vick? He was doing well to start the season but then had some personal issues and went home.
I think he is just a head case. He was that way his entire career. I don't think there were any health issues or anything else going on. He had to talk his way back onto the roster last summer and I think he was on a short leash this year.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote