ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 03-13-2020, 04:05 PM   #1
mict085
Starter

Default Greg Marshall

Thereís a rumor that Marshall is taking the Texas job. Is that true? Several key Wichita state players are apparently entering the transfer portal. I didnít know Shaka was leaving or being fired. This is strange.
mict085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 04:06 PM   #2
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Default Re: Greg Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mict085 View Post
Thereís a rumor that Marshall is taking the Texas job. Is that true? Several key Wichita state players are apparently entering the transfer portal. I didnít know Shaka was leaving or being fired. This is strange.
No idea about that rumor but the guys are not leaving because Marshall might bolt. They are leaving because they donít like the guy. Iím listening to their best writer as I type this.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 04:11 PM   #3
mict085
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
No idea about that rumor but the guys are not leaving because Marshall might bolt. They are leaving because they donít like the guy. Iím listening to their best writer as I type this.
He is an asshole but Iíve always thought his players loved him. 5 players transferring out, 3 of his top 6-7 players seems ominous for Wichita state.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:15 PM   #4
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Quote:
He is an asshole but Iíve always thought his players loved him. 5 players transferring out, 3 of his top 6-7 players seems ominous for Wichita state.
Maybe that class with Baker and VanVleet did but they have had tons of turmoil since. Maybe now some of the conspiracies about Reaves will die down because he is far from the only guy to leave despite playing a major role. The writer said he thinks there is a good chance at least a couple others leave.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:22 PM   #5
TINY
All-Conference

Any of them looking to reunite with Reaves?
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 04:26 PM   #6
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY View Post
Any of them looking to reunite with Reaves?
Unfortunately none of them played with him, so we donít have that in. But one of the guys, Burton, is a guard I definitely wouldnít mind having.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:40 PM   #7
mict085
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Unfortunately none of them played with him, so we donít have that in. But one of the guys, Burton, is a guard I definitely wouldnít mind having.
Yeah, heís a tough minded guard that I would love to have.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:49 PM   #8
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
He is an asshole but I’ve always thought his players loved him. 5 players transferring out, 3 of his top 6-7 players seems ominous for Wichita state.
Huuumm! The head coach is an a-hole and his wife is a nut case. Now, that’s something to be proud of.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...not-a-ksr-fan/

I wouldn’t want Gregg Marshall if he coached for free. Assuming the rumor is true, UT fans must be desperate if they’re willing to overlook the baggage.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 07:18 PM   #9
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...241187251.html

I canít stand this kid but think this speaks volumes. His overall theme is exactly what Iíve suggested what drove Reaves away. Hard to play well when you have to look over your shoulder every second.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:38 AM   #10
MJSooner
Role Player

Cannot imagine Greg Marshall fitting in with the Texas "culture". So I would be all for that hire. Lol.

If one person says you are a jerk, maybe its that other person, if two people state you are a jerk, maybe it is based on rumor. If EVERYONE, says you are a jerk, well....

Even Bobby Knight had people that supported him and his methods and defended his antics and behavoir. I don't really see that with Marshall.
MJSooner is offline   Reply With Quote