ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 01-14-2021, 10:36 AM   #26
BCSooners
Sweet 16

Default Re: Were a lot better defensively w/out Manek

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Brady currently is averaging 4.4 rebounds per game. How many should he be getting? (Serious question.)
I'd say at least 6 with the minutes he gets total & plays half the time at the 5.

He's currently 3rd on the team in rebounding (Reaves & Kur) & only .1 ahead of Vic, who plays 11 less minutes.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:22 AM   #27
Max Power
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Brady currently is averaging 4.4 rebounds per game. How many should he be getting? (Serious question.)
For his size, position, and role, about double that

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:50 AM   #28
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
I'd say at least 6 with the minutes he gets total & plays half the time at the 5.

He's currently 3rd on the team in rebounding (Reaves & Kur) & only .1 ahead of Vic, who plays 11 less minutes.
Agreed. Brady should be (and could be) a much better rebounder than 4.4 per game. He’s a 6’ 9” senior, for goodness sake, who should know by now how to block out and jockey for position to get his share of loose balls and rebounds.

Rebounding is a secondary topic in this thread. Yet, the lower-than-it-should-be weakness is basically the same: Sustained effort! Brady is perfectly capable of playing better defense and getting more loose balls and rebounds. He shows that side of him from time to time to prove that to be true. There is also no denying that he takes plays off way too often. More than a dozen posters contributing to this thread are essentially saying the same thing.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:20 PM   #29
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
For his size, position, and role, about double that
I did a quick check so I may have missed someone, but I see two P5 players in double digits. So suggesting that a guy who plays a lot on the perimeter offensively and who is as slight as Manek should be around 9 board a game seems unrealistic. Id like to see him in the 6.5-7.5 range.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:02 PM   #30
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
I did a quick check so I may have missed someone, but I see two P5 players in double digits. So suggesting that a guy who plays a lot on the perimeter offensively and who is as slight as Manek should be around 9 board a game seems unrealistic. Id like to see him in the 6.5-7.5 range.
Ryan Spangler, the best rebounder in the Kruger era, and one of the best in OU history, averaged 9 boards in his best season. Your range of 6.5-7.5 is more realistic for Brady. I would be thrilled if he bumped up his average to 6-6.5 rpg!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:17 PM   #31
BoulderSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkranger View Post
Whoever said that this has everything to do with Kuath playing the 5 is 100% correct. Brady can guard the 5 spot consistently. He can't guard the more athletic power forward in the league.

He got worked over by Matthew Mayer, West Virginia's frontcourt gave him fits, he couldn't stop Santos-Silva ...Zach Freemantle for Xavier kicked his butt to the tune of a career-high 28 points.

Brady does not defend well in space. He does most everything else well on the basketball court, but that's a challenge for him.
ding ding ding we have a winner
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 02:25 PM   #32
tmeyer3307
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
ding ding ding we have a winner
I'd take that Kid over Manek every time! He's way more skilled and plays harder on the defensive end. He's more of a 2/3 guard than a 4 though.
tmeyer3307 is offline   Reply With Quote