ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 02-22-2020, 06:06 PM   #1
thebigabd
National Champion

Default OU has two more wins on the season than OSU

It's pretty interesting how one team, at 14-13, is considered to be a total dumpster fire... and another team, at 16-11, is considered a lock for the NCAA Tournament.

I know there are a lot of factors in that... SOS, quadrants, etc... but it's just weird looking at that box score and seeing there is only a 2 game difference between a team that started 0-9 in the conference and OU.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:54 PM   #2
MrAnderson
Walk-on

Default Re: OU has two more wins on the season than OSU

At this point OU isnt a lock. Need to win 3 of the last 4 to be a lock. If I were a betting man I'd say we miss the dance.
MrAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:46 PM   #3
MJSooner
Role Player

2-2 might do it if we beat Texas and tech or WVa. But I agree, takes 3 to feel comfortabld in selection Sunday.

That’s doable, but the scary thing is 0-4 is also a possibility
MJSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:49 PM   #4
daqman
Role Player

As poorly coached as this team is, we will NOT lose to the whorns in Norman.
I'll give a matchup by matchup breakdown later.
I am; however, starting to worry about my pick that we'll beat Tech.

Last edited by daqman; 02-22-2020 at 10:03 PM.
daqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:52 PM   #5
mict085
Starter

The way this team plays on the road, you can cross any road wins off the list. That leaves 2 possible wins. Tech and texas. We might only win 1 more game and zero wins is a definite possibility. Yuck
mict085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:51 AM   #6
MrAnderson
Walk-on

And just think: we have a couple of 1 point wins and a 2 point win on our resume. Not to mention the win over K State that we came back and stole.

Our record could easily be a game or three worse.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:13 AM   #7
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
And just think: we have a couple of 1 point wins and a 2 point win on our resume. Not to mention the win over K State that we came back and stole.

Our record could easily be a game or three worse.
And if we make some open shots at the end against Baylor, wich state or creighton we have a couple more wins.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:22 AM   #8
Soonerinkc
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mict085 View Post
The way this team plays on the road, you can cross any road wins off the list. That leaves 2 possible wins. Tech and texas. We might only win 1 more game and zero wins is a definite possibility. Yuck
Tcu beat wv in Dallas...

We could easily get beat there....

The way we are playing 2/2 is best...barely. More than likely 1/3... very easily 0/4.

What a **** show.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:50 AM   #9
WTSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerinkc View Post
Tcu beat wv in Dallas...

The way we are playing 2/2 is best...barely. More than likely 1/3... very easily 0/4.

What a **** show.
I'm as down on this OU team as anybody, but there is almost no chance they go 0-4. Even 1-3 seems unlikely. I'd say 2-2 is probably the most likely. TCU and UT aren't very good. WVU is crashing (still not predicting a win there though). TT? At least it's at home.
Old 02-23-2020, 12:20 PM   #10
cvangild
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerinkc View Post
Tcu beat wv in Dallas...

What a **** show.

WoW! So we have lost 3 games in a row ( 2 of losses coming from 2 of the TOP THREE teams in the country...and the other one to a rival on the road, who had just recently beat Texas Tech (a top 25 team is coached by a god to some of you), yet we are basically a trash team who will be lucky to win more than ONE game the rest of the year!!??

OVERREACT much?? It's never as bad as you think....just like it's never as good as you think!
cvangild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 12:28 PM   #11
MrAnderson
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvangild View Post
WoW! So we have lost 3 games in a row ( 2 of losses coming from 2 of the TOP THREE teams in the country...and the other one to a rival on the road, who had just recently beat Texas Tech (a top 25 team is coached by a god to some of you), yet we are basically a trash team who will be lucky to win more than ONE game the rest of the year!!??

OVERREACT much?? It's never as bad as you think....just like it's never as good as you think!
We have one game we SHOULD win, one game we SHOULD lose, and two coin-flips imo. 2-2 seems the most likely scenario, which would put us squarely on the bubble.

So 1-3 and NIT is definitely in play.
Old 02-23-2020, 12:42 PM   #12
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by mict085 View Post
Still better than the 1-17 some were predicting on the eve of conference play! Nothing sillier than doing these predictions based on tiny fractions of the season. Thatís the great thing about the Big 12 and a true double round robin; everything sorts itself out over the course of the season. 10 days ago people were unrealistically predicting 4 or 5 wins against a slate that included two of the top three teams in America and another game against a ranked team on the road. That was never going to happen. Yesterday was a huge setback because of how poorly we competed. It eliminates one chance for a win that we need to make the tournament, so we have to make up for it somewhere. No real margin for error now. We werenít world beaters based on a couple good games against W VA and ISU, but we also arenít a complete disaster and incapable of winning any more games based on yesterdayís debacle.

All in all, Iím disappointed in the season to date. I expected over .500 in league and a better overall record at this point. Need to finish strong in order to salvage the season.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:17 PM   #13
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Fun with numbers: Tech only has one more win than OU. And we are now three ahead of the Pokes.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:07 PM   #14
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Fun with numbers: Tech only has one more win than OU. And we are now three ahead of the Pokes.
Good post to show how differently teams are viewed despite very similar records (even within the same conference). Ou has played a much harder schedule than most teams. If we played in the aac we would have 20 some odd wins, too.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote