ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 03-20-2014, 08:43 PM   #526
jmizzy4ou
All-American

Default Re: +++++++OU-North Dakota State Pregame Notes/Game Thread+++++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickjames View Post
So this is satisfaction for you. You don't have high expectations obviously. I bet you were thrilled with Sampson's teams losing in the first round on an annual basis too.
Cocaine is a helluva drug Rick.....

Satisfaction you ask?? I'm satisfied that we are headed in the right direction, and we have gotten better progressively since LK took over. I also supported Capel, Sampson, Tubbs, Bliss, and so one. I've been doing this for over 40 yrs, so I've learned to center myself and enjoy the ride. We have never had a perfect team. I feel the pain when we exit early, and I enjoy seeing Elite 8 squads like Tubbs, Sampson, and Capel produced.

I never enjoy losing, but I also realize it's a process to rebuild what was torn down to nothing, just a few years ago.....
jmizzy4ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:44 PM   #527
OUAllDay28
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny78 View Post
Please Ban soonerhoops2012 - NEVER EVER curse my GOD!!!!!!!!!!! May he come down on you HARD!!!!!!!!!! And I mean GOD
You're annoying.
OUAllDay28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:45 PM   #528
SoonerDan74012
Starter

Really disappointing to see a team's season end due to pathetic free throw shooting, bad defense, blowing layups, and committing stupid fouls.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:46 PM   #529
ouboomer
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
Guys, this loss is hard to take. We had a great chance to win it in regulation, but sometimes young players make critical mistakes down the stretch. We were not quite seasoned enough this year. but that will change next seaspn. There's better days ahead for OU under Coach Kruger. The NDSU coach said it. Watch out for OU next season.
I agree hopefully Lattin and McNeace can bring some post defense and rebounding to help Spangler next season...
ouboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #530
Big Old Booger
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
Cocaine is a helluva drug Rick.....

Satisfaction you ask?? I'm satisfied that we are headed in the right direction, and we have gotten better progressively since LK took over. I also supported Capel, Sampson, Tubbs, Bliss, and so one. I've been doing this for over 40 yrs, so I've learned to center myself and enjoy the ride. We have never had a perfect team. I feel the pain when we exit early, and I enjoy seeing Elite 8 squads like Tubbs, Sampson, and Capel produced.

I never enjoy losing, but I also realize it's a process to rebuild what was torn down to nothing, just a few years ago.....

Fran Fraschilla
---------------------
Big Old Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #531
jmizzy4ou
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Sooner View Post
Bull****. That team didn't beat anyone good and lost to a bunch of **** teams. Our record was better than our talent, but no way is that a 5-5 series.
Without the juvenile cussin' tirades, I'll respectfully agree to disagree......
jmizzy4ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #532
sdcloud9
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedeSooner View Post
Be serious. It's all about the tourney now and getting upset like this is just a ***** slap in the face.
I totally agree.

The regular season is just the journey to the post season. True OU is not going to win the title but going out today was not good.
sdcloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #533
Stikboy
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
cocaine is a helluva drug rick.....

Satisfaction you ask?? I'm satisfied that we are headed in the right direction, and we have gotten better progressively since lk took over. I also supported capel, sampson, tubbs, bliss, and so one. I've been doing this for over 40 yrs, so i've learned to center myself and enjoy the ride. We have never had a perfect team. I feel the pain when we exit early, and i enjoy seeing elite 8 squads like tubbs, sampson, and griffin produced.

I never enjoy losing, but i also realize it's a process to rebuild what was torn down to nothing, just a few years ago.....
fify
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #534
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUAllDay28 View Post
You're annoying.
+1
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:
Some people think being negative makes them sound like an expert.
tycat947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #535
stormspencer
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Sooner View Post
I'd say the opposite. Our regular season accomplishments are what's meaningful. This team was never going to win an NCAA title. As much as I'm pissed about the loss, I'll take 12-6 with sweeps of OSU and Texas over 9-9 and a tournament win.
We will agree to disagree. IMO, it's almost all about the postseason. Yes, you need to have at least a solid to good regular season to put yourself in position. But if you continue to underperform in the postseason....then it's pretty much all for not. All that hard work means jack when you fall on your face in the postseason.
stormspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:52 PM   #536
tooney
Starter

The loss hurts. But I never thought we would go too far in the tournament. It's post-season. The big physical teams always do better when rebounders are at a premium and rough physical contact is allowed.

This team needed someone who could consistently drive to the basket and finish. We didn't have a player that could do this. Our inside game was (is) non-existent. We just don't have the players, yet.

The defense is what really has me shaking my head.....we let players go to the basket and shoot layups, and then foul players 30 feet from the basket when we need to not foul.

Enough of the bashing.....I'm really proud of the team. They did much better than expected, but it's really a bummer to lose a game that we should have won in regulation.

Hopefully, we have someone that can step up and take Cam's place. And Neal had his moments. They won't be easy to replace.

Again, congratulations to the team!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:01 PM   #537
MercedeSooner
All-American

I'm sorry guys but the losses in the tourney just mount and hurt more each time. I really believed that we would show up today and make a point but it was the same old today. I seriously am devastated we lost again.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #538
rickjames
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedeSooner View Post
I'm sorry guys but the losses in the tourney just mount and hurt more each time. I really believed that we would show up today and make a point but it was the same old today. I seriously am devastated we lost again.
Exactly!! That's why I can't take this loss lightly. I'm a die hard OU basketball fan, not just football. It's depressing. Right up there with football losing 3 NC games in the 2000's.
rickjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #539
Big Old Booger
Final Four

Quote:
Exactly!! That's why I can't take this loss lightly. I'm a die hard OU basketball fan, not just football. It's depressing. Right up there with football losing 3 NC games in the 2000's.
A bit strong don't you think?

Fran Fraschilla
---------------------
Old 03-20-2014, 09:11 PM   #540
rickjames
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Old Booger View Post
A bit strong don't you think?
Why would you suggest that? Because I'm angry at the performance of my team? What fan who loves their team wouldn't be? I spend as much time watching OU Bball as I can. Including the Capel years. :capelspin
rickjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:19 PM   #541
Big Old Booger
Final Four

Quote:
Why would you suggest that? Because I'm angry at the performance of my team? What fan who loves their team wouldn't be? I spend as much time watching OU Bball as I can. Including the Capel years. :capelspin
I bolded the key word.

Fran Fraschilla
---------------------
Old 03-20-2014, 09:33 PM   #542
ben
Role Player

I just feel sick for the team. Worked hard this year. I was screaming (literally) in agony when we didnt win the game in regulation...but then I realized the team must be completely devastated.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:48 PM   #543
califca
Walk-on

I noticed Buddy Hield after the game. Kid was devestated. He knew he didn't bring his game. This team is hurting right now.
califca is offline   Reply With Quote