ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 11-16-2018, 03:42 PM   #1
Rbeam1
Walk-on

Default Usf

Per Raoul, Laksa of USF is out for the year with a knee injury. She is their best player and scored 21 against us last year. Hate to see any player with a knee injury, but it makes our game Sunday a little easier.
Rbeam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:18 PM   #2
Soonerguy06
Walk-on

Default Re: Usf

Well that's too bad! She was rated one of the top 25 players in the country, per ESPN! But agreed, it does make our game winnable. Although we are down a player as well in Llanusa..
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:25 PM   #3
Mac
Administrator

To bad she’s out, I’m sure she would have been drafted by the WNBA this year, maybe she will look to red shirt....

I was wondering who on our team would guard her, she’s a tall shooter and with Sherri starting 3 PG size players, any team with size on the wing will be a challenge for us, right now I think Tatum will have to guard most of the better perimeter players...
Old 11-18-2018, 01:14 PM   #4
Soonerguy06
Walk-on

Okay I am already pissed off about this game because anytime USF makes a basket they take so long to show the replay we missed OU's next offense of possession afterwards!!

And we have seven freaking turnovers in the first quarter!

Last edited by Soonerguy06; 11-18-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:19 PM   #5
rocjunkie
Sweet 16

Obvious to me we can beat this team, but when you are on pace to have 30 turnovers, you won't beat anybody.
rocjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:21 PM   #6
rocjunkie
Sweet 16

How many layups does Shaina have to miss before she realizes she sucks at the rim. Obviously she doesn't work on this shot in practice.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:31 PM   #7
inoref
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocjunkie View Post
How many layups does Shaina have to miss before she realizes she sucks at the rim. Obviously she doesn't work on this shot in practice.
For what's worth the OU men are just as bad
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:46 PM   #8
rocjunkie
Sweet 16

Sounds like Lon and Sherri should have a camp together to teach these kids how to finish at the rim.

After the first half the kids are right on their average for turnovers, and that ain't good. Nice to see they can play with a top 25 team, just can't take care of the ball. I know they are young, but sheesh.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:48 PM   #9
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Just dropped in to see what everyone was b!tchin' about. I see we have some posts b!tchin' about the men and the women in same post - two for one!. Good effort!

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:49 PM   #10
Mac
Administrator

Having no tall player with skill is going to hurt OU all season, Mandy is willing to battle but is small, EJ hasn’t gotten better offensively at all...

Tatum is good but like most OU points is turn over prone right now...

Shay does to much but no one else can do what she does so I don’t really blame her for going 1 on 4 at times...
Old 11-18-2018, 01:51 PM   #11
inoref
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
Just dropped in to see what everyone was b!tchin' about. I see we have some posts b!tchin' about the men and the women in same post - two for one!. Good effort!
So you just dropped in to do some b!tchin..I wasn't b!tchin, just saying what I seen today.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:53 PM   #12
sybarite
National Champion

I'm rather pleased. We had no post worth having on the floor, and we still hung on the boards. Lampkin and EJ hurt with fouls and turnovers. I'm surprised that we were within four until they hit a couple of threes. They are hot from three, and we are sagging in a bit, letting them have that shot.

I'm especially pleased with Madi, Taylor, Jesse, and Tatum----four freshmen have been our best players today.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:57 PM   #13
sybarite
National Champion

I would rather not pass it in to Nydia and EJ. They have no clue. Nydia may have by the end of the season, if she settles down. She tries to hard, goes too fast for her. Needs to let it come to her for a while.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:59 PM   #14
inoref
All-Conference

Still another half to go..let's see what adjustments SC makes
Old 11-18-2018, 02:09 PM   #15
tycat947
Elite Eight

OMG! Worst video production I have ever seen! And that’s saying a lot! Every USF basket is replayed and we never see our possessions. No clock on screen. Terrible!
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:
Some people think being negative makes them sound like an expert.
tycat947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 02:17 PM   #16
rocjunkie
Sweet 16

The kids at least don't give up, but work your butt off to tie the game and 3 straight turnovers to give them a 6 point lead. Youth is sometimes tough to take.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:23 PM   #17
rocjunkie
Sweet 16

Looking at the stats, Tatum and Taylor shooting 60% and Madi over 50, they should get every opportunity to score and make Shaina when she gets back in a facilitator only. Really gritty performance on the road by these kids. Hope they can continue to take care of the ball in the 4th.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:28 PM   #18
inoref
All-Conference

OU may get blown out now?
Old 11-18-2018, 02:29 PM   #19
Soonerguy06
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
OMG! Worst video production I have ever seen! And that’s saying a lot! Every USF basket is replayed and we never see our possessions. No clock on screen. Terrible!
exactly that's what I'm saying you miss every freaking play after because their replay takes so damn long!

I just don't understand how EJ still is not ready for those post passes it's like she surprised any time they pass it to her and fumbles the ball and turns it over! I think the reason we haven't had any sensational post players come in out of high school is because the ones we have don't necessarily get any better
Old 11-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #20
rocjunkie
Sweet 16

Wow, 4 missed shots and 4 turnovers and game over. At least the kids played hard.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:49 PM   #21
rocjunkie
Sweet 16

Ferreira was 8-11 from the 3 as a team we were 6-17. Just a horrible 4th quarter. Lets hope these kids learn from this road loss and move on and get better.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:00 PM   #22
sybarite
National Champion

This was a close game. I don't think the officials were any help to OU during that fourth quarter. About four of those calls were absolute nonsense: southern team in the south type officiating that I didn't expect at S.Florida.

Sometimes a shooter is hot. Ferrara was. Taylor was four of nine which is respectable. Shania had a bad game, but a couple of those foul calls were bogus. She wasn't exactly playing intelligently today.

Fascinating that we were lead by four freshmen (Shania tied Tatum for fourth in scoring). Taylor demonstrated that she can hit against good teams, not just Northwestern. Jesse did well. Madi was excellent.

We were better than I had anticipated we would be. We have some scoring options this year. Fascinating that a group of kids could go on the road against a top 25 team (albeit without a star) and stay in it for 31 minutes. I wish the refs had stayed out of it. I don't think we would have won. But, I would like to see what it might have been without their fourth quarter whistles.

We may be better than I had thought. I expected something in between how we looked for three quarters and how we looked in the fourth.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:06 PM   #23
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
So you just dropped in to do some b!tchin..I wasn't b!tchin, just saying what I seen today.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #24
mikeareese
Role Player

First road trip for a young team. Ohio St only scored 41. OU had 45 at halftime. Not a bad showing. They do need to keep improving. Pellington was limited because of fouls and fouled out. I could see this team being really good. Oklahoma does need a center. Simpson is more of a 4. S Florida had second opportunities.
mikeareese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 05:54 PM   #25
Mac
Administrator

Can’t be to mad at the team, Madi came out hot in the 3rd, Shay did kill us missing bunny’s at the rim... I can see why Brown wouldn’t pick OU since she would have been stuck at center... Mandy would be better coming in off the bench, but Dee and EJ aren’t starters right now.