ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 11-13-2018, 04:12 PM   #1
Mac
Administrator

Default Recruiting classes

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl...2019&date=null

1st time in a long time no big 12 team is listed, I think OU can catch Baylor and Texas going forward, a lot will decide on what players each school can bring in for the 2020 class.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:34 PM   #2
Soonercuda
All-Conference

Default Re: Recruiting classes

Here is another recruiting ranking list updated today:

https://asgrbasketball.com/notre-dam...ss-rankings-3/

3 Big 12 teams in the top 20 in this ranking. Baylor ranked 12, West Va - 17, OU - 19
Soonercuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
inoref
All-Conference

Uconn not in top 10?
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #4
sybarite
National Champion

They didn't include Chloe.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:36 PM   #5
Soonercuda
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
Uconn not in top 10?
Today they only have one commit. There are still 4 top 10 or so players yet to commit and they have a very good shot at a couple.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:40 PM   #6
Soonercuda
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
They didn't include Chloe.
Amihere seems to be the only international player any of the public recruiting rankings has seen enough to rank.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:46 PM   #7
Soonercuda
All-Conference

https://twitter.com/_gabbygregory/st...379448832?s=21
Old 11-13-2018, 06:01 PM   #8
Mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonercuda View Post
Gabby is a big time scorer I’ll be interesting to see how her game translates to college, and how tall she is.... her high school number 12 will be available, so I wonder if she will wear 12 or 23, I also wonder what number Liz will pick since 22 is taken... maybe Madi will switch to #24 once EJ graduates. 13 should be available to Bloom if she likes.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:54 PM   #9
atlantasooner
All-Conference

We have so little actual reporting on OU women's hoops recruiting. It makes me wonder if a surprise signee is possible tomorrow??
atlantasooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #10
soonerstar
All-Conference

Emrie Ellis, a 6-2 sophomore post at Vanoss High School in Pontotoc County committed to Mike Neighbors and Arkansas this weekend. She visited Fayetteville for the Alabama football game las month. Anyone know if Coale was recruiting her?
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #11
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerstar View Post
Emrie Ellis, a 6-2 sophomore post at Vanoss High School in Pontotoc County committed to Mike Neighbors and Arkansas this weekend. She visited Fayetteville for the Alabama football game las month. Anyone know if Coale was recruiting her?

She's too short to add anything to what we already have - or have coming.
Sweetest OU Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:53 PM   #12
zacj33
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerstar View Post
Don't know if OU was recruiting her. I had not heard of her until now. I knew Vanoss had a good group of sophomores, but didn't know any were D1 quality.
zacj33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:22 PM   #13
Mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetest OU Girl View Post
She's too short to add anything to what we already have - or have coming.
Actually it looks like Sherri is going after a few 6’2 Forward/Cneters in the 2020 class... after Brown leaves the big 12 really won’t be that big Baylor has mostly 6’3 girls, and k st will have 6’5 Lee, but she hasn’t played in a game yet, maybe red shirting, Texas will have Collier 6’5 who could turn out to be a dominant force, but she probably wants to play out at the high post and Prince at 6’7 but she might not return to the player she was after a injury... the big 12 is sorta headed to a small post league.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:23 PM   #14
sybarite
National Champion

I see that Baylor and OU had shown some interest, but had extended no offer. Baylor did ask her to attend the Baylor/UConn game.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:05 PM   #15
Soonerguy06
Walk-on

I think offering after a Freshman season is too soon. I'm not a coach but who's to say how this girl develops after two more seasons? Only time will tell!
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 11:34 AM   #16
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
I think offering after a Freshman season is too soon. I'm not a coach but who's to say how this girl develops after two more seasons? Only time will tell!

It appears to me that it may be a catch 22. Yes it might be too early to project how a player will perform at the D-1 level when she is a freshman. But with the way recruiting is going now it might be necessary because everyone is offering early and you will not be capable of getting in on targeted kids if you wait.

Kind of danged if you do and danged if you don't.
Old 11-22-2018, 02:55 PM   #17
Soonerguy06
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
It appears to me that it may be a catch 22. Yes it might be too early to project how a player will perform at the D-1 level when she is a freshman. But with the way recruiting is going now it might be necessary because everyone is offering early and you will not be capable of getting in on targeted kids if you wait.

Kind of danged if you do and danged if you don't.
I can see your point. I think maybe some offer early and if a prospect doesn't develop any further beyond their freshman year, they possibly step back a bit in their aggressiveness. I saw this myself with my sister's recruitment process throughout high school, for basketball. She ended up going to school for track & field regardless though.

I still hope we zone in on one more LEGIT big girl for 2019 class, we need it!
Old 11-24-2018, 05:50 PM   #18
SoonerinNC
Starter

There appear to have been a fair number of 6-3 and taller transfers. With the team we have and open scholarships we probably should have been more agressive going after them.

To bad we didn't get Amihere. Very impressed with her play in world games.

The list I saw that ranked our incoming class at #19 did not include the lady from Austrailia. Wonder if that would have made a difference. I do expect our ranking to drop if we don't get an impact player later. The UConns, and Notre Dames of the world will not stop bringing in the elite players.
SoonerinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 08:43 PM   #19
Soonerguy06
Walk-on

Agreed. South Carolina's class is so impressive for '19!! It seems like all the good big girls in this class are already spoken for so next season will probably be yet another season with the same issue - no quality post players. :-(
Old 11-28-2018, 01:53 PM   #20
Rbeam1
Walk-on

Stanford got Haley Jones. I am surprised by how Uconn has not gotten a single one of their top targets this recruiting class. Last years class was a little slim as well.
Rbeam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:47 PM   #21
inoref
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbeam1 View Post
Stanford got Haley Jones. I am surprised by how Uconn has not gotten a single one of their top targets this recruiting class. Last years class was a little slim as well.
didn't they sign the #1 player last year, think she was from Arkansas.
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:16 PM   #22
sybarite
National Champion

Chrystine Williams, #1, is leading UConn in minutes played with 161, scoring 10 PPG

Nelson-Odada, a 6-4 post, was also a top prospect who has averaged about fourteen minutes.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:53 PM   #23
Soonerguy06
Walk-on

UConn only goes after the most elite players it seems. I don't even think they pursue very many players outside of the top 40 overall ranking in the country. And a lot of players that would be standout players at other universities ride the bench all four years at UConn, even though Geno has the debt he usually only goes 7 deep or so... Probably why more players are going to other emerging powerhouse schools.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:58 AM   #24
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

This year UConn's starting 5 are playing 29-32 minutes and all are scoring in double figures (10.8-20.0) witth Samuelson scoring the 20. The top three reserves are playing 11-12 minutes.

https://uconnhuskies.com/documents/2..._13_111602.pdf

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 11-29-2018 at 07:25 AM.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:25 PM   #25
vbdad
Role Player

We didn't offer a girl from Plano last year that has loved OU her entire life. She still came to every football game this year.

She was a four year starting point guard and led the team to the largest class State Title. She is 6'2". Signed with UTA and is now their starting center but leads the team in rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals.

6pts per game, 7.4 rebounds, 6 assists,3 steals and 2 blocks per game. We could use her!
vbdad is offline   Reply With Quote