ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 11-30-2018, 12:58 PM   #26
inoref
All-Conference

Default Re: Dead Last In Conference Standings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
The kids are going to have to do a lot of growing in the next 19 days before UConn.
Yeah for sure, I really think Sherri will use her & Colton's coaching magic and have the girls play Uconn down to the wire.
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 03:45 PM   #27
Oliver Hardy
All-American

That would be interesting. Be hard to play them better than we did last year.

Our ladies made them squirm for a bit, if I am remembering correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:59 PM   #28
Soonerguy06
Walk-on

Yes, I'll agree Sybarite has come across as a bit of a jerk on more than one occasion. Always condescending of others and belittling them in his or her very 'special' way.

I certainly hope we can win these next two games in a row and have some sort of confidence going into the DePaul game and more importantly Connecticut however I'm afraid to watch either of those games especially UCONN. if we cannot win both of the next two games I stay there is little to zero chance of us making the tournament, unless we win the conference of course which we know won't happen.

As far as playing Connecticut 'down-to-the-wire' that's an absolute joke. We couldn't even do that with our best team ever, let alone one of our worst!
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:54 AM   #29
inoref
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
Yes, I'll agree Sybarite has come across as a bit of a jerk on more than one occasion. Always condescending of others and belittling them in his or her very 'special' way.

I certainly hope we can win these next two games in a row and have some sort of confidence going into the DePaul game and more importantly Connecticut however I'm afraid to watch either of those games especially UCONN. if we cannot win both of the next two games I stay there is little to zero chance of us making the tournament, unless we win the conference of course which we know won't happen.

As far as playing Connecticut 'down-to-the-wire' that's an absolute joke. We couldn't even do that with our best team ever, let alone one of our worst!
Yes, it was a joke about playing Uconn down to the wire. I truly believe they could win playing 3 on 5
Old 12-01-2018, 10:53 AM   #30
bob the nailer
Walk-on

Down to the wire at the end of the first quarter maybe. UCONN can pretty much name the score bounded only by the fact that Geno and Sherri are good friends.
bob the nailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:46 AM   #31
Soonerguy06
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
Yes, it was a joke about playing Uconn down to the wire. I truly believe they could win playing 3 on 5
You sound like one of those people that is happy we just keep it within 20 points every time we lose. Obviously probably never played sports yourself or at least competitively.

Anyone else excited to see Connecticut play Notre Dame tomorrow?!!
Old 12-01-2018, 12:09 PM   #32
Mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob the nailer View Post
Down to the wire at the end of the first quarter maybe. UCONN can pretty much name the score bounded only by the fact that Geno and Sherri are good friends.
We always start off playing Uconn close then they run off in the 3rd, I’m guessing Madi will be checking her good friend Williams or Katie Lou... I think Madi will have some big games vs the ranked teams, Uconn, Baylor, Texas...
Old 12-01-2018, 04:27 PM   #33
inoref
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
You sound like one of those people that is happy we just keep it within 20 points every time we lose. Obviously probably never played sports yourself or at least competitively.

Anyone else excited to see Connecticut play Notre Dame tomorrow?!!
If OU can stay within 20 of Uconn..then yeah I would dunno about happy but shocked. Like I said Uconn could win playing 3 on 5
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM   #34
Soonerguy06
Walk-on

Agreed.

and it's just going to start all over again because the freshman they have this year are sensational and I'm sure Geno will pull something out of his hat even though next year's class is week thus far.

he's just a better Coach than most coaches and make those girls work their butts off...unlike some other programs. I think we will lose by 40 unfortunately. I say Connecticut wins the title this year, especially after seeing them beat Notre Dame by 20 points
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #35
Mac
Administrator

A lack of height, loss of the 2016 class, having one elite player in the last 8 recruiting classes, WVA joining the big 12, OU being passed by Texas, being even with Ok st and Iowa st and being well behind Baylor has left OU in a bad spot...
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM   #36
Oliver Hardy
All-American

I hope the killing is quick and merciful.
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM   #37
inoref
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
I hope the killing is quick and merciful.
Yeah if UConn brings their A game it should be all but over at halftime. I mean I really hate to say much bad about the players but UConn bigs will beat most of the OU girls down the court. I won't even mention the even bigger mismatch that we know exists