ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 05-06-2022, 07:30 AM   #1
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on

Default ku/unc

Quote:
Originally Posted by colston15 View Post
If Kansas gets Mosley and McCullar with what they already have, that's the runaway No. 1 team.
Would say UNC if they get Mayer from Baylor as they bring back everyone from a Final Four run and Kansas lost their best player.
TarheelstateSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:40 AM   #2
Maverick008
Walk-on

Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
Would say UNC if they get Mayer from Baylor as they bring back everyone from a Final Four run and Kansas lost their best player.
But, again, if KU adds those two and is bringing in 3 McDís all-americans, on paper that would make them a much deeper team than Carolina overall to start the year.
Maverick008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:46 AM   #3
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick008 View Post
But, again, if KU adds those two and is bringing in 3 McDís all-americans, on paper that would make them a much deeper team than Carolina overall to start the year.
But remember, Carolina matches up well with them.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 08:09 AM   #4
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by colston15 View Post
If Kansas gets Mosley and McCullar with what they already have, that's the runaway No. 1 team.
they would be as close to a lock for the title as any one in recent memory
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 08:15 AM   #5
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
except they don't bring everyone back ..
Hence the reason I said Mayer. If they get Mayer. I know Manek is gone.
Old 05-06-2022, 08:17 AM   #6
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on

Quote:
So McCormick, Ogbaji, and Braun all stay in the Draft they'll still be better than UNC if UNC gets Mayer? That doesn't make sense to me. Martin's also a Graduate Senior, so he's gone from what I gather.

Last edited by TarheelstateSooner; 05-06-2022 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-06-2022, 08:38 AM   #7
Seymore Cox
National Champion

Quote:
I also think it will indicate that either Braun or Wilson wonít be back. You canít have all of those guys, unless they decide to go 5 out with Wilson as the 5.
Old 05-06-2022, 08:46 AM   #8
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymore Cox View Post
I also think it will indicate that either Braun or Wilson wonít be back. You canít have all of those guys, unless they decide to go 5 out with Wilson as the 5.
i don't think Braun is coming back .. he has a very good shot of going in the first round
Old 05-06-2022, 09:08 AM   #9
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator

Quote:
That doesn't make sense to me.
not surprising .. you don't think shooting matters .
Old 05-06-2022, 09:17 AM   #10
CoachTalk
National Champion

Quote:
So McCormick, Ogbaji, and Braun all stay in the Draft they'll still be better than UNC if UNC gets Mayer? That doesn't make sense to me. Martin's also a Graduate Senior, so he's gone from what I gather.
Unc wonít make the finals again. They got hot at the perfect time.

IMO
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 09:25 AM   #11
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post

IMO
yep and brady was a huge part of that
Old 05-06-2022, 09:30 AM   #12
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post

IMO
You say so. I mean, it's all opinion right now. But returning 4 of 5 starters from a run to the Chip?

I'm sure you thought the same thing when UNC lost Brice Johnson, and Marcus Paige and then won the Natty the next year. But I digress.
Old 05-06-2022, 09:31 AM   #13
Maverick008
Walk-on

Quote:
Absolutely. He forgets that without Manek, UNC blew a 25 pt lead in about 10 mins of game time to Baylor.
Old 05-06-2022, 09:31 AM   #14
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on

Quote:
And Mayer can fill in for him, plus they'll have depth now. Thinking Kansas is going to be expected to win the Natty when they've lost 4 impact players, and their backup Center is interesting compared to UNC returning 4 out of 5 starters.
Old 05-06-2022, 09:33 AM   #15
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on

Default ku/unc

Quote:
Absolutely. He forgets that without Manek, UNC blew a 25 pt lead in about 10 mins of game time to Baylor.
Guess I watched a different game than you did. Refs were one-sided that whole second half against UNC. RJ Davis was getting clobbered, no foul calls on him. But UNC touch fouls Baylor, it was a foul.
Old 05-06-2022, 09:35 AM   #16
Maverick008
Walk-on

Quote:
And Mayer can fill in for him, plus they'll have depth now. Thinking Kansas is going to be expected to win the Natty when they've lost 4 impact players, and their backup Center is interesting compared to UNC returning 4 out of 5 starters.
IF they lose them all. But again, they are reloading not rebuilding. You are talking up a UNC team that 3 weeks before the NCAA tourney started was being talked about missing the tournament. Love and crew better learn to shoot more consistent in order to meet those high expectations. Itís what kept them from winning the national title honestly. None of the guards could hit anything against KU.
Old 05-06-2022, 09:36 AM   #17
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on

Quote:
IF they lose them all. But again, they are reloading not rebuilding. You are talking up a UNC team that 3 weeks before the NCAA tourney started was being talked about missing the tournament. Love and crew better learn to shoot more consistent in order to meet those high expectations. It’s what kept them from winning the national title honestly. None of the guards could hit anything against KU.
Won't argue with that. Plus, they wore down. The starting 5 was wore out after the emotional drain from the Duke game before.

FYI McCormick, Obaji, and Martin are all gone regardless. So that's 3 impact players right there.
Old 05-06-2022, 09:53 AM   #18
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16

Quote:
Won't argue with that. Plus, they wore down. The starting 5 was wore out after the emotional drain from the Duke game before.

FYI McCormick, Obaji, and Martin are all gone regardless. So that's 3 impact players right there.
LOL. You just won't stop with this BS. You act like they beat the '96 Bulls in the semis. And if they are so emotionally and mentally fragile that they were too "drained" to go all our for 40 minutes in the final, then they have bigger problems. It really wouldn't be that tough to just admit that they lost to a better team that would have beaten them 7 of 10 on a neutral floor.
Old 05-06-2022, 09:58 AM   #19
tmeyer3307
Role Player

I'll say this.. NC I would pick as a top 3-5 team no matter what going into next season. Add Meyer and I'm probably picking them to win it all. Love is an elite PG.. Davis is real solid.. They have 1/2 wings coming back that can play the 3/4 for them right now, plus one of the best centers in the game.

KU won't be near as good no matter what or who they add. Adding Tech kid and MO St kid is nice and will give them a chance, but no shot at final 4 in my opinion. They have too many young pieces coming in with no experience, bigs that aren't elite(at moment)

I'm on the NC train or possibly Kentucky.
tmeyer3307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 10:27 AM   #20
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
LOL. You just won't stop with this BS. You act like they beat the '96 Bulls in the semis. And if they are so emotionally and mentally fragile that they were too "drained" to go all our for 40 minutes in the final, then they have bigger problems. It really wouldn't be that tough to just admit that they lost to a better team that would have beaten them 7 of 10 on a neutral floor.
cough cough 9 out of 10
Old 05-06-2022, 10:30 AM   #21
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmeyer3307 View Post
I'll say this.. NC I would pick as a top 3-5 team no matter what going into next season. Add Meyer and I'm probably picking them to win it all. Love is an elite PG.. Davis is real solid.. They have 1/2 wings coming back that can play the 3/4 for them right now, plus one of the best centers in the game.

KU won't be near as good no matter what or who they add. Adding Tech kid and MO St kid is nice and will give them a chance, but no shot at final 4 in my opinion. They have too many young pieces coming in with no experience, bigs that aren't elite(at moment)

Can't wait to revisit this in a few months. Every year on this board, people let their hatred of KU convince them that they will be down. Heck, this time last year, they were coming off the worst tourney loss in their history, and people, including Self, thought their roster lacked athleticism and length. Sure they will take a hit losing the guys they did. But it's Kansas. To say they have no shot is silly.
Old 05-06-2022, 10:41 AM   #22
Maverick008
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmeyer3307 View Post

Iím not saying Love isnít good but ďEliteĒ to me is MUCH better than 37% from the FLOOR/game. If I were to tell you that he shot the 3 at a 36% clip you would think that his overall % at worst would be somewhere in the 40ís. But out of 13.7 shots per game, the guy only made around 5 per game. He was an 86% ft shooter so his pts/game were still good but if a guard transferred to OU shooting 37% from the floor, this site would have a meltdown if anyone called him elite
Old 05-06-2022, 11:08 AM   #23
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator

Quote:
I’m not saying Love isn’t good but “Elite” to me is MUCH better than 37% from the FLOOR/game. If I were to tell you that he shot the 3 at a 36% clip you would think that his overall % at worst would be somewhere in the 40’s. But out of 13.7 shots per game, the guy only made around 5 per game. He was an 86% ft shooter so his pts/game were still good but if a guard transferred to OU shooting 37% from the floor, this site would have a meltdown if anyone called him elite
he also has 3.6 - 2.7 ast to TO ratio .. .that is ummmm not good for a "PG"

he is a high volume low efficiency player

and statistically was not one of UNC's 3 best players

Last edited by BoulderSooner; 05-06-2022 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-06-2022, 11:29 AM   #24
Seymore Cox
National Champion

Quote:
Brady was a good fit for them because he could stretch the floor and didn’t have to defend 5s all the time. Mayer can ne that same type of guy, but he’s not the shooter Brady is. Mayer is more talented than Brady but hs the wrap of being a low IQ player.
Old 05-06-2022, 11:49 AM   #25
BigTime
The Red Wig

Where is Grace4KU when you need him?

Oh and letís get some transfers!

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAM!
-BBS
BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote