ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2022, 07:47 AM   #151
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 7,373
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
Agreed. A lot of OU fans thought Alondes should've gotten more PT under Kruger. Uber athletic, and uber talented. Not sure why he never got more PT.
and major issues on defense on the court ..

and had off the court issues ..
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:29 AM   #152
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 340
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
and major issues on defense on the court ..

and had off the court issues ..
And that did not stop him from going to Wake Forest. Don't even care about the excuses anymore. Looking back, it was dumb then. And it's an even worse look now.
TarheelstateSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:31 AM   #153
BCSooners
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 4,544
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
and major issues on defense on the court ..

and had off the court issues ..
Exactly, have to hold your players accountable for what they do off the court. Similar to MJ this year.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:35 AM   #154
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 340
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Exactly, have to hold your players accountable for what they do off the court. Similar to MJ this year.
Agreed. That really showed Williams. Nothing like transferring after barely getting any PT and becoming ACC POY in the process. That sure did show him!
TarheelstateSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:46 AM   #155
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,564
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
Agreed. That really showed Williams. Nothing like transferring after barely getting any PT and becoming ACC POY in the process. That sure did show him!
I'm sure you were lobbying hard for Alondes during his time and Norman, and have proof to back that up.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:54 AM   #156
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,390
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
And that did not stop him from going to Wake Forest. Don't even care about the excuses anymore. Looking back, it was dumb then. And it's an even worse look now.
A famous aggie coach once said he loved to get transfers on his team because they knew they were on their last chance so they had to straighten up and fly right.

Good for Williams if he got his act together at Wake Forest. It takes longer for the light to dawn for some players than for other players.

You aren't even a good troll.
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:56 AM   #157
BanjoCharley
Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Maybe you should enter the troll portal.
__________________
While you are entitled to your own opinions, you are not entitled to your own facts.
BanjoCharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:05 AM   #158
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 7,373
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
Agreed. That really showed Williams. Nothing like transferring after barely getting any PT and becoming ACC POY in the process. That sure did show him!
it worked out so great that he also didn't make the tourney and unlike OU they were not even in the discussion
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:14 AM   #159
BCSooners
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 4,544
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
it worked out so great that he also didn't make the tourney and unlike OU they were not even in the discussion
Also if he didn't get held accountable all the other players would've seen that as long as you're one of the better players it doesn't matter what you do off the court or on the defensive side. If Williams would've stayed he would've been an impact player because of the lessons he learned.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:22 AM   #160
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 7,373
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Also if he didn't get held accountable all the other players would've seen that as long as you're one of the better players it doesn't matter what you do off the court or on the defensive side. If Williams would've stayed he would've been an impact player because of the lessons he learned.
yep
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:39 AM   #161
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 340
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
it worked out so great that he also didn't make the tourney and unlike OU they were not even in the discussion
Wake Forest did beat the eventual runner-up by 22 though. Can't say that for OU. Just saying.
TarheelstateSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:40 AM   #162
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 340
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
A famous aggie coach once said he loved to get transfers on his team because they knew they were on their last chance so they had to straighten up and fly right.

Good for Williams if he got his act together at Wake Forest. It takes longer for the light to dawn for some players than for other players.

You aren't even a good troll.
How is this a troll when it's actual facts? The man transferred regardless and was a baller. Huge L for OU because the man was a beast for another school. Seriously guys? I mean, really? You guys can't be this obtuse.
TarheelstateSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:41 AM   #163
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 340
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Also if he didn't get held accountable all the other players would've seen that as long as you're one of the better players it doesn't matter what you do off the court or on the defensive side. If Williams would've stayed he would've been an impact player because of the lessons he learned.
This is all hearsay. No factual evidence about this what so ever.
TarheelstateSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:51 AM   #164
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,564
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
Wake Forest did beat the eventual runner-up by 22 though. Can't say that for OU. Just saying.
That's because we play in the same conference with the champs, a far better team who had a far better season than the 8-seed Heels of the once-might ACC. Our win over Baylor is more impressive than a win over a team that was on the bubble until two weeks before the tournament.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:33 AM   #165
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,390
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
How is this a troll when it's actual facts? The man transferred regardless and was a baller. Huge L for OU because the man was a beast for another school. Seriously guys? I mean, really? You guys can't be this obtuse.
No one is saying he didn't do well at WF.

What is your point? No one knows why he decided to leave, you included.
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:39 AM   #166
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 7,373
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
This is all hearsay. No factual evidence about this what so ever.
him having off the court issues is not hearsay .. it is a fact ..
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:59 AM   #167
soonersailor
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 24
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

BSG/CSIAFF/TarheelstateSooner can no longer troll the TFB boards so he's got to troll others to spread his discontent with anything Sooner-related.

Has been on this board 36 days and already has 178 posts. Loves to hear himself talk and his opinion is the only one that matters.

Last edited by soonersailor; 04-18-2022 at 11:03 AM.
soonersailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 11:27 AM   #168
hoopsaustin
Final Four
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakland, Maine
Posts: 6,939
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
him having off the court issues is not hearsay .. it is a fact ..
It wasn't hearsay anyways if you want to be technical about it. Also i just figured out how to put someone on the ignore list for the first time on this board..
__________________
Porter Moser's Sooners = National Champions by 2026!
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 12:01 PM   #169
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,149
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
This is all hearsay. No factual evidence about this what so ever.
Just ban this clown. FACTUAL. First hand knowledge.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 12:19 PM   #170
sdcloud9
Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Just ban this clown. FACTUAL. First hand knowledge.
I put him on ignore at SoonerScoop, wish I could do the same here.
Not because he has different opinions, he wants to argue about every topic.
sdcloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 12:23 PM   #171
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,149
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdcloud9 View Post
I put him on ignore at SoonerScoop, wish I could do the same here.
Not because he has different opinions, he wants to argue about every topic.
You can. I just dont remember how.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 12:24 PM   #172
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 7,373
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdcloud9 View Post
I put him on ignore at SoonerScoop, wish I could do the same here.
Not because he has different opinions, he wants to argue about every topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
You can. I just dont remember how.
if you click on anyone's name select "view public profile" then click "user lists"

and you can add to ignore list

i will actually make this a post and pin it


or go your your "usercp" and edit your ignore list to add people

Last edited by BoulderSooner; 04-18-2022 at 12:32 PM.
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 02:19 PM   #173
snydrosooner
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 505
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
This is all hearsay. No factual evidence about this what so ever.
From my source with the team, Williams had a hard time with the Covid protocols. It was a tough year to play for all, some handled the isolation better then others.
snydrosooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 02:41 PM   #174
sdcloud9
Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
if you click on anyone's name select "view public profile" then click "user lists"

and you can add to ignore list

i will actually make this a post and pin it


or go your your "usercp" and edit your ignore list to add people
Thanks Boulder!!
sdcloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:25 AM   #175
NAIA All-Star
Sweet 16
 
NAIA All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 3,657
Default Re: Tanner and EJ stay - Mo exploring his Pro options

NAIA All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com