ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 12-23-2019, 07:37 AM   #1
bluesooner17
Role Player

Default Huskies dominate Sooners

By Doug Feinberg
AP Basketball Writer

UNCASVILLE, Conn. - Olivia Nelson-Ododa had 27 points, 15 rebounds and seven blocks and No. 2 UConn which was without coach Geno Auriemma routed Oklahoma 97-53 on Sunday in the Hall of Fame Women's Basketball Showcase.

The 65-year-old Auriemma missed the game after surgery Wednesday to relieve symptoms of diverticulitis, a condition where the colon develops small bulges that can sometimes become infected.

It's the 10th game Auriemma has missed in his 35-year Hall of Fame career. Associate head coach Chris Dailey took over and remained unbeaten filling in for Auriemma. She coached two conference games last season when Auriemma was out sick.

The Huskies (10-0) got off to a slow start and only led 15-11 after one. UConn was up 26-21 late in the second quarter before scoring the final eight points of the half the last two coming on a drive by Crystal Dangerfield before the buzzer after the Huskies had gotten two offensive rebounds.

UConn kept the run going to start the second half by scoring the first seven points to make it a 20-point game and turn it into a rout.

Megan Walker added 17 points and 15 rebounds for the Huskies. Dangerfield finished with 19 points.

The Huskies could move up to the top spot in the poll Monday after No. 1 Stanford lost at Texas earlier Sunday. The Huskies have been ranked first in the Top 25 a record 241 weeks. They held a slim six-point edge over No. 3 Oregon in the poll that was released this past week.

Taylor Robertson scored 24 points, hitting seven 3-pointers, to lead Oklahoma (7-5), which had won three straight coming into this game. The Sooners came into the game averaging nearly 83 points a game ninth best in the nation. They had reached 90 points in every game of their winning streak.
bluesooner17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
sooner8
Walk-on

Default Re: Huskies dominate Sooners

Yes that was an embarrassing loss by SC,but what was even more embarrassing was her comment in the Norman Transcript about how she has the cutest kids in he country & the best shooter!!Sherri thinks she is running an elementary class.No wonder this program is going nowhere!Go Sooners!!!
sooner8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:58 AM   #3
soonerstar
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner8 View Post
Yes that was an embarrassing loss by SC,but what was even more embarrassing was her comment in the Norman Transcript about how she has the cutest kids in he country & the best shooter!!Sherri thinks she is running an elementary class.No wonder this program is going nowhere!Go Sooners!!!
Coale needs to be gone ASAP, but do not see it happening.
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:08 PM   #4
inoref
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerstar View Post
Coale needs to be gone ASAP, but do not see it happening.
Only when they can't give free tickets away will it happen and maybe not then.
SC must have some dirt on someone...somewhere
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:13 PM   #5
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner8 View Post
Please tell me she didn't actually say that.
Sweetest OU Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:31 PM   #6
TheMont
Role Player

She was asked about Taylor Robertson and was comparing her biased regard for Taylor to how parents always think their kids are cuter than anyone else's.

Here's the full quote:
"I'm probably biased. I have the cutest kids in the country and the best shooter in the country. She's terrific," Coale said of Robertson. "Love her confidence. Haven't seen a stage too big to handle."
TheMont is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 02:04 PM   #7
Soonerbay
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMont View Post
She was asked about Taylor Robertson and was comparing her biased regard for Taylor to how parents always think their kids are cuter than anyone else's.

Here's the full quote:
"I'm probably biased. I have the cutest kids in the country and the best shooter in the country. She's terrific," Coale said of Robertson. "Love her confidence. Haven't seen a stage too big to handle."
Keyword: Think. #clearlybiased
Soonerbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 02:43 PM   #8
inoref
All-American

I don't agree with SC, Colton is not cute at all
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:49 PM   #9
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
I don't agree with SC, Colton is not cute at all
I am afraid his self appointed uncle Syb will strongly disagree.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:45 PM   #10
TheMont
Role Player

While I very much wish Colton weren’t on the staff, I understand what SC was saying. Taylor is on a very, very shortlist of best pure three point shooters in the country. It’s just a shame that her skill is mostly being wasted thus far in her career.
TheMont is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:45 PM   #11
sybarite
National Champion

Good, Mont.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote