ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 01-17-2018, 04:38 PM   #1
parshooter
Walk-on

Default What did KSU do different?

I know they switched things up a bit but looks like they were attacking the passing lanes? Seems like there should have been some back door cuts if we were more patient?
parshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:18 PM   #2
cvangild
Role Player

Default Re: What did KSU do different?

We just played like ****. It happens...
cvangild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:04 PM   #3
Soonerinkc
Sweet 16

and they hit 75% of 2's and 3's in 2nd half
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:13 PM   #4
slappy in OP
All-Conference

From my vantage point behind the basket, I felt like they definitely clogged the passing lanes. They also had their hands all over Trae for most of the game. We had several lazy passes that they picked off easily or we just threw out of bounds.

As stated earlier....we played very poorly and they hit shots they normally do not make. Wade was a matchup nightmare for Brady. Just overpowered him.
slappy in OP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:29 AM   #5
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

good ol fashioned defense
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:37 AM   #6
Stikboy
All-Conference

Manek wasn't the only guy Wade schooled. OU tried guarding him with 3 different guys and they were all bad..
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:26 AM   #7
DenverSooner
National Champion

They shot really well. OU shot poorly. The officials allowed them to be physical with Trae. Trae had a bad game. There is a picture of one of Trae's turn overs where he is being hit in the forehead by a KSU arm. In what world, other than two nights ago, is that not a foul?

Think about how many 3 point shots rimmed out not to mention shots that simply missed even though they were very open. When shots are not falling teams tend to try to make things happen on offense. That leads to turn overs and easy buckets for the other team.

I think it is going to be a positive. Trae is going to study the film and learn from it.
DenverSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:22 PM   #8
Larry72
Role Player

KSU played smart, cohesive team ball on both sides. They were patient on O and we ran out gas/interest in playing D in the second half
Larry72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:01 PM   #9
AdaSooner
Administrator

It’s not easy to beat KSU on their home floor. They have great crowd support. As hard as it is to believe, OU has only won twice in Manhattan in the last ten years. Our overall record of 6-12 during that time is equally as difficult to believe.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #10
skyvue
Elite Eight

I knew we could lose up there, but I wouldn't have dreamed we'd come out so flat. We'd lost five years in a row -- you'd figure that would be all the wake-up call the guys needed.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:35 PM   #11
Stikboy
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
I knew we could lose up there, but I wouldn't have dreamed we'd come out so flat. We'd lost five years in a row -- you'd figure that would be all the wake-up call the guys needed.
Exactly. I know coaches always emphasize that past success doesn't equal future, etc. and same with losing. But sheesh after so much futility there in Manhattan you would think one of the coaches, or somebody would say something for at least maybe some extra motivation. Maybe they did, and still got their butts kicked. Who knows?
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote