ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Campus Corner

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #201
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,806
Default Re: BocaBull: Are you drunk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
Question??? If Jurick were locked into Jeff Capel, why didn't he commit to oswho a month ago after Jeff was let go??? Why did he wait until just yesterday or the day before???
Because he took visits to West Virginia, Cincy, Southern Miss, and then OSU before he decided.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #202
Mr.B!!!
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,898
Default Re: BocaBull: Are you drunk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
Because he took visits to West Virginia, Cincy, Southern Miss, and then OSU before he decided.
Not sure that it has been asked, but what do you think Jurick's production will be at oSu? To me he is a confusing pick-up for them given what i understand to be Ford's desired style of play, but if he can play good defense, board and outlet, he might be a pretty good pick up.
__________________
You can't win basketball games 1 vs. 5 or even 2 vs. 5. You need a complete team.
Mr.B!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #203
stoops4pres
All-American
 
stoops4pres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 2,854
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
If you can find the posts in question, I'll gladly address them.

I'm sorry I missed it earlier - I don't recall you asking about it.
Not a problem. Here is where I asked you. I asked you again about your apparent change of perspective on another page of that thread, but I suppose you didn't see either one.

http://ouhoops.com/forum/showthread....919#post283919

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
But 20 wins is a nice secondary accomplishment for an otherwise not-so-great season.
That's a fair way to put it. Don't have a problem when it's said like that.
__________________
"Mississippi Stand Up! We in here lol...i know the haters don't like that!" - Romero Osby
stoops4pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #204
oSuJeff97
Starter
 
oSuJeff97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,261
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoops4pres View Post
Not a problem. Here is where I asked you. I asked you again about your apparent change of perspective on another page of that thread, but I suppose you didn't see either one.

http://ouhoops.com/forum/showthread....919#post283919
Gotcha.

I did miss that before.

I'd say the difference is this - I was addressing two totally different points.

In the first case, I was addressing the idea that losing to OSU in the B12 tournament was "a joke". While I don't believe that OU had any business losing to that OSU team, it wasn't "a joke" for the reasons I pointed out. That was a decent OSU team... it wasn't a massive upset or anything. We were talking about one game in the context of a season. The result in that game, and the fact that the OSU win wasn't a big surprise (within the context of that season), is what directly leads to the point I was making in the second post.

In that latter case I was talking about Capel's coaching on a more macro level. When considering the talent gap between those teams, and the horribly bad match up that it was for OSU, the Pokes didn't really have any business being in those games on paper. However, they were in the games (partially due to Capel's coaching, IMO) so the close call in Norman and the win in the B12 Tourney weren't big surprises. That's why both points are valid.

I admit that the difference in the points is subtle and I could easily say how you or others would read them as contradictory.

I would also argue that it's not the same as Boca's complete 180 on the talents of Jurick and Gurerro before and after they signed with OSU, which is about as clear cut as you can get.
oSuJeff97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #205
stoops4pres
All-American
 
stoops4pres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 2,854
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
Gotcha.

I did miss that before.

I'd say the difference is this - I was addressing two totally different points.

In the first case, I was addressing the idea that losing to OSU in the B12 tournament was "a joke". While I don't believe that OU had any business losing to that OSU team, it wasn't "a joke" for the reasons I pointed out. That was a decent OSU team... it wasn't a massive upset or anything. We were talking about one game in the context of a season. The result in that game, and the fact that the OSU win wasn't a big surprise (within the context of that season), is what directly leads to the point I was making in the second post.

In that latter case I was talking about Capel's coaching on a more macro level. When considering the talent gap between those teams, and the horribly bad match up that it was for OSU, the Pokes didn't really have any business being in those games on paper. However, they were in the games (partially due to Capel's coaching, IMO) so the close call in Norman and the win in the B12 Tourney weren't big surprises. That's why both points are valid.
I see where you're coming from now.

I'll agree to disagree on your point that OSU had "no business" finally winning the 3rd time the teams played, simply because there goes so much more into match-ups on paper. I'll say it again: It's very rare for a team to beat an opposing good team (which Ok. State was-- they did go to the 2nd round of the tournament) 3 times in a row. Given that it went down to the final play--in a rivalry game--I don't see how that's so indefensible on Capel's part.

And not to accentuate the Ford/Capel debate, but my point still stands that Ford hasn't proven that he's this drastically better coach than Capel (which was the crux of the argument in that previous thread). For you may feel that Ok. State had no business winning the 3rd game in 2009, by that logic Capel also had no business beating Ford in 2009-2010, given that Ford had a NCAA tournament team and Capel's team didn't even reach the NIT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
I would also argue that it's not the same as Boca's complete 180 on the talents of Jurick and Gurerro before and after they signed with OSU, which is about as clear cut as you can get.
I agree with you. I wasn't intending to imply that they were the same.

I was just pointing out to you that you didn't own up to a contradiction as well when I asked you about it, you didn't acknowledge it, and then you continued to post in that thread. But now obviously you've cleared that up. The clarification's appreciated.
__________________
"Mississippi Stand Up! We in here lol...i know the haters don't like that!" - Romero Osby
stoops4pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #206
jmizzy4ou
All-American
 
jmizzy4ou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,991
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms View Post
Jmizz, Arte you back on cocaine?
Can't be on something that I never tried, or used. You got me mixed up with one of the Suttons/addicts. Whoever you are posting under your pervert name??
jmizzy4ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:41 AM   #207
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms
Role Player
 
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 767
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
Can't be on something that I never tried, or used. You got me mixed up with one of the Suttons/addicts. Whoever you are posting under your pervert name??
Jmizz, You're hurting my feelings. After all I've done for you, one little name change and forget I even exist.
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #208
InExile
Walk-on
 
InExile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 74
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

jmizz is kinda being a ****. what gives jmizz?
InExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #209
scrybe
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,043
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InExile View Post
jmizz is kinda being a ****. what gives jmizz?
I would be sad if you and a few others got bored with your constant assaults on anything and everything related to OU. But life would go on and I'm sure I'd eventually get over it.
scrybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com