ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 06-08-2019, 01:11 PM   #176
daqman
Walk-on

Default Re: Asst Coach Search update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by colston15 View Post
Don't you have to count Reaves in this class or the last one? That would add another 4-star player to the mix.

Also, has Kruger ever signed a Top 10 class anywhere? I'd guess not. That's just not how he operates.

Are you suggesting Kruger doesn't recruit highly ranked players that would result in a top 10 class? That he purposely doesn't pursue top talent?
daqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:11 PM   #177
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by colston15 View Post
Don't you have to count Reaves in this class or the last one? That would add another 4-star player to the mix.
Since his eligibility will begin with this class, Id say the answer to your question is, Yes.

In all fairness, though, its easy to forget Reaves will give us a 65 guard with a reputation for being a knock down shooter. I have to remind myself to include him when Im thinking about probable starters. Im anxious to see him play!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:08 PM   #178
dsuits
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
Since his eligibility will begin with this class, Id say the answer to your question is, Yes.

In all fairness, though, its easy to forget Reaves will give us a 65 guard with a reputation for being a knock down shooter. I have to remind myself to include him when Im thinking about probable starters. Im anxious to see him play!

Last week Bob Przybylo from Sooner Scoop posted the transcript from the mini media day announcing Kruger's new coaching hires. Kruger was asked about Reaves.

Very much so. Austin, hes 20 pounds bigger and stronger. He and coach Daub have gotten to know each other very well, and its benefitted Austin for sure. He had a good redshirt year practicing. Very good competitor, good leader on the court, versatile in how he scores and how he involves teammates as well.
dsuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:53 PM   #179
colston15
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqman View Post
Are you suggesting Kruger doesn't recruit highly ranked players that would result in a top 10 class? That he purposely doesn't pursue top talent?
I think he's comfortable taking players he knows will be around for 3-4 years while sprinkling in a Trae Young here and there.
colston15 is offline   Reply With Quote