ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 06-23-2019, 03:51 PM   #651
Eielson
Starter

Default Re: NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

It sounds like Atlanta should have about 80M in cap room next year. Not sure they'll be able to utilize all that space, though. I don't see many natural fits for them in UFA next year. Might eat some more bad salaries or overpay for some RFAs. Maybe they force SAC to max out Buddy?
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:15 PM   #652
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
It sounds like Atlanta should have about 80M in cap room next year. Not sure they'll be able to utilize all that space, though. I don't see many natural fits for them in UFA next year. Might eat some more bad salaries or overpay for some RFAs. Maybe they force SAC to max out Buddy?

They’re in the East. You don’t have to add much to be playoff contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:47 AM   #653
tmeyer3307
Walk-on

I've been thinking they may pursue Buddy as well.. Trae, Buddy, Huerter/Reddish or Hunter at the 3. Really depends if Huerter or Reddish are real legit starters in the league. Go out and trade for Drummond or Blake Griffin lol..
tmeyer3307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:54 PM   #654
sperry
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmeyer3307 View Post
I've been thinking they may pursue Buddy as well.. Trae, Buddy, Huerter/Reddish or Hunter at the 3. Really depends if Huerter or Reddish are real legit starters in the league. Go out and trade for Drummond or Blake Griffin lol..
Buddy is not available, nor does he fit next to Trae very well. You need elite defense to cover up for Trae, that's why they're drafting all these big athletic defenders.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:58 PM   #655
Eielson
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Buddy is not available, nor does he fit next to Trae very well. You need elite defense to cover up for Trae, that's why they're drafting all these big athletic defenders.
You don't know that. If he has a down year or gets injured, the Kings could absolutely hesitate to match a 4 year 127M deal. And putting a top five 3-point shooter alongside Trae (and Hunter, Collins, and Hayes) is an incredible fit.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:02 PM   #656
WaymanFan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
You don't know that. If he has a down year or gets injured, the Kings could absolutely hesitate to match a 4 year 127M deal. And putting a top five 3-point shooter alongside Trae (and Hunter, Collins, and Hayes) is an incredible fit.

Like it or not, he's right about one thing. To be successful, you need a plus defender at the '2' to cover up for Trae on defense. And if you look at my past posts on Trae, you won't find anything negative. In this case, it is what it is.
WaymanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:26 PM   #657
Eielson
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaymanFan View Post
Like it or not, he's right about one thing. To be successful, you need a plus defender at the '2' to cover up for Trae on defense. And if you look at my past posts on Trae, you won't find anything negative. In this case, it is what it is.
Don't get me wrong, a lock down defender at 2 would be nice, but I don't think Steph and Klay would be a couple of schmucks if Klay wasn't a good defender. Trae and Buddy would light it up together. They have some other guys that can pick up the slack defensively.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:32 PM   #658
BCSooners
All-Conference

The 2 rarely cleans up the 1s mistakes, it’s usually the 3-5s that make up for blow bye’s, poor off ball concentration & P&R coverage. Just look at Portland, even though Lillard has stepped his defense up.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:36 AM   #659
NMSooner'80
All-Conference

I never heard. Did Christian James get a free agent deal and/or a summer league contract? I figure he's the only one of the seniors from this past season who could.
NMSooner'80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:05 AM   #660
tmeyer3307
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Buddy is a solid defender in the league.. maybe not elite, but you just drafted a 3/4 that will be an incredible defender. Isn't this upcoming season buddy's last on his rookie contract? Or is he restricted? I'd be willing to bet Buddy will average 18-20 again and have plenty of offers from other teams.
tmeyer3307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:39 AM   #661
BCSooners
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmeyer3307 View Post
Buddy is a solid defender in the league.. maybe not elite, but you just drafted a 3/4 that will be an incredible defender. Isn't this upcoming season buddy's last on his rookie contract? Or is he restricted? I'd be willing to bet Buddy will average 18-20 again and have plenty of offers from other teams.
After this year he’ll be a restricted free agent. I’d expect Buddy to improve & have another good year, works too hard for that not to happen.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote