ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 12-02-2021, 10:46 PM   #76
jmizzy4ou
All-American

Default Re: Big 12 talk (other teams games )

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
I'm never one to defend anyone connected with oswho, but I hope I live long enough to see the day that, in America, shedding tears is not viewed as a sign of weakness or a lack of masculinity, a shameful action to be done only in private and regretted afterward.

I suspect I won't live that long, though.
I didn't really focus on the fact he poked fun at him for crying, I mostly was just enjoying the fact he was making fun of a poke.

I certainly have no problem with anyone crying. It is an emotional release, and often good for the soul. The greatest, and strongest Man to walk the earth in my opinion was Jesus, and he had no problem weeping in front of others.

I could list many times I've freely cried in front of others, as I work with children every day, many from traumatic and abusive situations. When I was doing abuse, neglect, and sexual abuse investigations, I often cried along with the law enforcement officers I worked with, seeing some of the things adults do to children. Crying is as normal an emotion as laughing.

I apologize if I offended anyone with the rolling emojis. I didn't really consider the message I was sending....
jmizzy4ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:16 AM   #77
skyvue
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
I apologize if I offended anyone with the rolling emojis. I didn't really consider the message I was sending....
No apology necessary. I may have come off too harshly. I do think too many people (especially men) are raised to feel shame or embarrassment when they cry, an attitude I think does harm, but if I came off as pointing a finger at you, then it's I who should apologize for pontificating.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:44 AM   #78
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
I'm never one to defend anyone connected with oswho, but I hope I live long enough to see the day that, in America, shedding tears is not viewed as a sign of weakness or a lack of masculinity, a shameful action to be done only in private and regretted afterward.

I suspect I won't live that long, though.
I have nothing against men crying.
I just laugh at those fake crying or crying for ridiculous reasons
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:26 PM   #79
opsooner
National Champion

Good road win by ISU at Creighton. They are beatable but it won’t be easy.

Anxious to see how many home and road conference games we win this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
opsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:43 PM   #80
skyvue
National Champion

owho lost to Xavier in Stillwater, 77-71.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:15 PM   #81
skyvue
National Champion

KSU held on for a 65-59 win in a very heated road battle with Wichita State. These Kansas schools hadn't played since 2003, and the atmosphere in the arena was crazy. Really loud crowd (there seemed to be a good number of KSU fans there). It's the only time I've seen KSU play this year, and I only caught the last 10 minutes, but they looked competitive. They certainly played with intensity.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:20 PM   #82
WaymanFan
Administrator

Quote:
It's the only time I've seen KSU play this year, and I only caught the last 10 minutes, but they looked competitive. They certainly played with intensity.
Most of us knew when Weber arrived at KSU that they would almost always be a highly competitive bunch that don't beat themselves. Weber's issue at KSU and before that at Illinois was he struggled to get the recruits to come play for him. He inherited Bill Self's guys at Illinois and came awfully close to cutting down the nets...and soon after had to rely on his own players and that is when things fell apart. No doubt we will have two tough games against them.
WaymanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 04:15 PM   #83
Seymore Cox
National Champion

Quote:
owho lost to Xavier in Stillwater, 77-71.
OSU is bad.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:08 PM   #84
NickZepp
National Champion

Not Big 12 related but the team we just beat Florida got destroyed by previously 0-7 Texas Southern 69-54
NickZepp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:42 PM   #85
WichitaSooner
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickZepp View Post
Not Big 12 related but the team we just beat Florida got destroyed by previously 0-7 Texas Southern 69-54
Wow. That may turn out to be the most shocking result of the season, unless Florida turns out to be garbage.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:53 PM   #86
Eielson
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickZepp View Post
They beat FSU (16), Cal (20), and Ohio State. So I think it's safe to say they're a quality team.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 08:00 PM   #87
WichitaSooner
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
They beat FSU (16), Cal (20), and Ohio State. So I think it's safe to say they're a quality team.
Probably, but it seems like each season, a handful of teams have great Novembers but end up not even sniffing the tournament. Not saying that’s going to happen to UF, but it wouldn’t be unprecedented by any means.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 08:08 PM   #88
pnkranger
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Probably, but it seems like each season, a handful of teams have great Novembers but end up not even sniffing the tournament. Not saying that’s going to happen to UF, but it wouldn’t be unprecedented by any means.
Little bit of a trap game too. You lose to OU, lose a little shine, go into Texas Southern thinking you're going to blow them out, and quickly realize Texas Southern is not a pushover. They have played a number of major conference teams to within single digits.
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 09:37 PM   #89
opsooner
National Champion

You could tell Florida was good but not great. They have some good athletes but I was not overly impressed with their offense. Still a good win for us but I never saw us as an underdog when I watched that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
opsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 12:39 AM   #90
NickZepp
National Champion

Texas Southern's losses were to Oregon(5-4), St. Mary's(8-2), Washington(4-4) Air Force(7-1) NC State(6-2) BYU(7-1) Louisiana Tech(6-2)

Only one team is currently ranked in BYU, none of other teams even received votes in the polls. Florida was 23.5 favorites over Texas Southern. I think the Stephen F Austin win over Duke was the only recent point spread that was bigger than this. UMBC over UVA was a big one too but wasn't even this big a point spread.

Last edited by NickZepp; 12-07-2021 at 12:42 AM.
NickZepp is online now   Reply With Quote