ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 07-30-2019, 03:23 AM   #1
sybarite
National Champion

Default Neveah Tot

https://wbbblog.com/2019/04/15/2020-...lists-tracker/

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/nev...Dg/default.htm
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:25 AM   #2
sybarite
National Champion

Default Re: Neveah Tot

It is Nevaeh.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:31 AM   #3
sybarite
National Champion

http://www.sophiayoungelitebasketball.com/navaeh-tot/
Old 07-30-2019, 03:40 AM   #4
sybarite
National Champion

https://www.prestonhollowpeople.com/...apps-6a-title/
Old 07-30-2019, 03:41 AM   #5
sybarite
National Champion

https://www.bluestarmedia.org/queen-of-the-south-2018/
Old 07-30-2019, 03:43 AM   #6
sybarite
National Champion

https://www.bluestarmedia.org/future-final-four/
Old 07-30-2019, 03:45 AM   #7
sybarite
National Champion

https://wbbblog.com/2019/02/02/2020-...bruary-2019/4/

offer from Penn State
Old 07-30-2019, 03:48 AM   #8
sybarite
National Champion

https://starlocalmedia.com/planocour...8b3e7ebf9.html
Old 07-30-2019, 11:47 AM   #9
Mac
Administrator

Shes the daughter of Helen Darling who played in the WNBA...
Im not made at this potential pick up, I think she could come in and make a impact...
Old 07-30-2019, 03:11 PM   #10
sybarite
National Champion

This kind of comes in out of the blue, and I can't find a lot on her. She isn't on any HoopGurlz or Prospect Nation lists. Yet, there are some interesting schools looking at her, like Rutgers. Penn State offered her, but isn't mentioned in her list.

I don't know if the "coaches" who claim she is the best PG in Texas are correct (interesting that the only PG that I thought we were recruiting is from Irving McArthur), but they do make interesting statements about her ability to run an offense. I don't know how anyone 5-3 can get as many rebounds as she does.

Her team did win the 6A TAPPs title last year. Are we willing to take a chance on a PG until we get it settled?
Old 08-02-2019, 07:57 PM   #11
Mac
Administrator

This is what one guru posted on Twitter:

New #CrystalBall ��prediction for '20 TX guard Nevaeh Tot to the University of Oklahoma. #NoScoop #JustAGuess #BoomerSooner #BigXII #Sooners

If we sign Tot, I’m guessing Andrews has dropped Ou from consideration, but the scouting report on Tot is that she’s small but a good 3 point shooter. Plenty of small guards have played big in college, 5’5 Andrea Riley almost lead the nation in scoring and 5’4 Brooke McCarty-Williams was named Big12 POY before.

https://youtu.be/aMXdll4hgoI

She’s number 1 in red.. Not really much high lights but she did lead all players ins scoring this game going up against 2019 USC signee Endyia Rogers. I like that she shows a little swag after making a play... something this team has been missing for years now.

Neveah is also a triplets, her brothers names are JaJuan and Jalen...
Old 08-02-2019, 10:24 PM   #12
sybarite
National Champion

I get the impression that Andrews is undecided between OU and Baylor. I don't know what would happen if we got Andrews. Would we want Tot? Is there a possibility that we think Tot would be better for us than Andrews? Her recruiting seems late, but does include Rutgers. Rejected, apparently, an offer from Penn State, since they aren't in her final group. I have no clue what to think of this.

I saw a couple of places where Tot was said to be a take-charge type guard.
Old 08-03-2019, 05:19 PM   #13
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
I get the impression that Andrews is undecided between OU and Baylor. I don't know what would happen if we got Andrews. Would we want Tot? Is there a possibility that we think Tot would be better for us than Andrews? Her recruiting seems late, but does include Rutgers. Rejected, apparently, an offer from Penn State, since they aren't in her final group. I have no clue what to think of this.

I saw a couple of places where Tot was said to be a take-charge type guard.

she looks pretty decent although I am concerned about her height I know that there have been exceptions two really short players being competitive in division 1 but I feel like they are few and far between. I think if we sign her that means Andrews is headed to Baylor. Realistically I never expected us to sign Andrews, especially after last season's debacle. I think if Andrews did commit to us it would be because she wants to come in and play immediately and be a star immediately and helped turn a program around, rather than possibly benching her freshman year on a really good competitive team. Odds are she wants to win a national title and realistically that's probably not going to happen at OU unless we plan some major recruits the next couple seasons. And SC goes after some good big girls. It's funny to me that we are lacking good posts and yet the only serious potential commits for next season I've heard of are two point guards and a forward, what gives?!
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:47 AM   #14
sybarite
National Champion

I don't know about Andrews.

I don't know that this is the year you want to be looking for a big post. I find it interesting that the big names really haven't gone hard after anyone. UConn seemed to be looking at a big forward and a girl from Europe, not appearing to be that excited about Gusters. When Sedonia Prince became available, UConn jumped into that very quickly, as did some other big name schools, like she was better than anyone from this year. There are only a couple in the top ten, and I didn't see a lot of excitement about them. Some of the posts are only 6-2 or 6-3. Lot of PGs getting attention. I think Baylor is lucky that they have Ebo, more so than Gusters.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:03 PM   #15
mikeareese
Role Player

Visited this weekend with Jenkins, Wofenberger, and Moore. @ARHoopScoop posted a pic. Coale had her arm around Moore. Arkansas Banshees and J Wolfenberger retweeted the post. Looks like OU is in the hunt for all 4. All of them have visited multiple times.
mikeareese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:09 PM   #16
sybarite
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeareese View Post
Visited this weekend with Jenkins, Wofenberger, and Moore. @ARHoopScoop posted a pic. Coale had her arm around Moore. Arkansas Banshees and J Wolfenberger retweeted the post. Looks like OU is in the hunt for all 4. All of them have visited multiple times.
I would love to have this foursome.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:29 AM   #17
sybarite
National Champion

2016 Mulkey, Dungee
2017 Pellington,

2017 Simpson, Llanusa
2018 Williams, Murcer, Lampkin, Robertson. Veitenheimer, Williston
2019 Bloom, Scott, Gregory
2020 Tot, Jenkins???
2021 Wolfenberger, Moore???

The loss of the first three kind of hurt, a matter of what could have been. But, we have been getting at least two good recruits every year. If we were fortunate enough to get the last four, this program will have been rebuilt.

Llanusa, Williams, Robertson, (maybe the others), Bloom, Scott, and Gregory are probably a far better group than we have had in recent years.

I liked what I saw of Jenkins, quite a bit. Tot has received some extensive praise from Texas coaches. I thought it was interesting that one coach said she was the best point guard in Texas, with Andrews just down the road from her.

But Wolfenberger and Moore are off the charts in potential. I think Maddie and Liz may be. Wolfenberger just hits shot after shot in practice on a step-back three with her coach tossing her the ball. I don't know if her step back is traveling-free, but it is pretty.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:10 AM   #18
CoachTalk
Final Four

How likely is Moore? I dont think we have a great chance. but a lot can change in a couple years.
CoachTalk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:01 PM   #19
Soonercuda
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
How likely is Moore? I dont think we have a great chance. but a lot can change in a couple years.
She will have offers from most if not all the elite programs...so it will be very tough to get her. But at least she is interested enough to keep visiting Norman.
Soonercuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:21 PM   #20
sybarite
National Champion

I find it very interesting that they were here together.

I think the development of this year's team may very influential as to the destinations of Moore and Wolfenberger. If this team is over 500, showing growth, I suspect the fact that they were here together to have some relevance.

Why together? Why this weekend?
Old 09-03-2019, 10:26 PM   #21
Day1SoonerFan
Walk-on

Is Neveah ranked? I dont see her name on ESPN. So Im just confused. I know rankings dont really matter when you step on the court, but I would like to know. And if shes not ranked then I would like to know why we are going after her and not some of the talented young ladies we have right here in Oklahoma who have offers from teams we face all the time?
Day1SoonerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:19 AM   #22
CoachTalk
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day1SoonerFan View Post
Is Neveah ranked? I don’t see her name on ESPN. So I’m just confused. I know rankings don’t really matter when you step on the court, but I would like to know. And if she’s not ranked then I would like to know why we are going after her and not some of the talented young ladies we have right here in Oklahoma who have offers from teams we face all the time?
Good coaches dont care about rankings.

Which girls in Ok are you referring about?

I like oklahoma kids on any instate team... but if coaches dont see them as a fit, or good enough, glad we dont recruit them just because they are OK kids.
CoachTalk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:35 AM   #23
sybarite
National Champion

Rankings are interesting, but hardly the only issue. A couple of years ago, Texas got a PG in the top ten who was a bit of a disappointment and transferred to Kentucky. Last year, Baylor got a point guard who was supposedly a top five superstar, but she appeared to have been a disappointment, and she transferred. Right now, Baylor is recruiting two point guards that are both in the top ten, one of whom we were in on until recently. They seem to think they need a PG, as does Texas. Interesting?

Tot is not rated by either Prospect Nation or HoopGurlz as the two mentioned above were. Yet, she is being recruited by some five or six schools, one of whom is Rutgers. She was offered by Penn State, but has shown no interest.

It is also interesting that with one of the top ten PGs being recruited by Baylor just a few miles away, we see that more than one coach has called Tot the best PG in Texas. Seems a bit unsung, but not really unknown. I guess we won't know until we see her against D-1 competition. Even then, it may take a year to know. Her mother's experience may be of value. She may have learned a little about basketball.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:37 AM   #24
sybarite
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Good coaches dont care about rankings.

Which girls in Ok are you referring about?

I like oklahoma kids on any instate team... but if coaches dont see them as a fit, or good enough, glad we dont recruit them just because they are OK kids.
Good coaches should define the rankings. I would rather have someone that Geno or Muffit wanted than to have the top-rated girl in any class.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:56 AM   #25
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
Good coaches should define the rankings. I would rather have someone that Geno or Muffit wanted than to have the top-rated girl in any class.
Makes sense but that list is too small to depend upon for much success at OU. Not certain any fans can best identify those available girls that meet OU's needs.