ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 09-04-2019, 01:47 PM   #26
Mac
Administrator

Default Re: Neveah Tot

Tot seems to check a few boxes at Sherri looks for in a player, having a strong Christian back ground is probably at the top... she’s only 5’3 and that could be something that is working against her, I think she’s also played behind some top guards on the AAU Circuit the last few years... I’ve read that she gets after it on defense and can shoot the long ball, both are skills OU can use right now... it’s interesting that the staff still showed interest in Tot, even though we still had a chance in Andrews, still I don’t think there on the same level.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:06 PM   #27
Day1SoonerFan
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Good coaches dont care about rankings.

Which girls in Ok are you referring about?

I like oklahoma kids on any instate team... but if coaches dont see them as a fit, or good enough, glad we dont recruit them just because they are OK kids.
If “good coaches” didn’t care about rankings then they wouldn’t go after the girls who are ranked, and the girls in Ok that I’m referring to are the girls who have offers from the other Oklahoma schools as well as other schools all over the country but they don’t have an offer from us.
Day1SoonerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:52 PM   #28
mikeareese
Role Player

I don't know how prestige's NYAA is. They have Embry(1) as the best player in state for 2021. Moore and the girl from Alabama are 6 and 7 or 7 and 8. I can't remember.
mikeareese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:05 PM   #29
soonerstar
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day1SoonerFan View Post
If “good coaches” didn’t care about rankings then they wouldn’t go after the girls who are ranked, and the girls in Ok that I’m referring to are the girls who have offers from the other Oklahoma schools as well as other schools all over the country but they don’t have an offer from us.
You are spot on.
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:41 PM   #30
sybarite
National Champion

Quote:
I think the point that CoachTalk was trying to make is that it is good coaches who define the rankings. They are good because they can evaluate talent. I have seen nothing that defined that the ranking services on message boards have any particular expertise, and they probably get their rankings based on who the players say are recruiting them. The coaches aren't that likely to say since it is against the rules.

Good coaches often have seen something in these kids by the time they were in the eighth grade.

The only player that I really wish that we had been able to keep in Oklahoma in the past twenty years was Gant, and there were some issues for us, not for A&M. Wonder why? We simply couldn't take her. But, how many superstars have left OK? Some good players. But, OU and OSU also operate largely with out of state players.
sybarite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:07 PM   #31
CoachTalk
Final Four

Quote:
Embry has disliked OU for years. Sometimes kids just don’t want to attend OU

Pull your head of the sand.

So you want them to waste time if they don’t want to attend?
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 06:44 AM   #32
CoachTalk
Final Four

I have no hatred towards her at all. Just not an OU fan. Moms aren't going to just blast a school on SM.

In fact I love her game and honestly think she is a program changer type of talent.
If you know so much, why wouldnt OU be recruiting a top 25 player in the country, now 4 mins from Campus. Dont say SC isnt smart. Or stiles or so on... I want real answer.... I wish ou would go down to Norman HS and former OU men's player Mike Neal, every day and show her love every single day.

You're 12 posts into this board, I have enough cred but I'm not posting "proof", I'm not making up lies.

I know Moore isnt a huge OU fan. In fact in the last 2-3 months, OU wasn't in her top 12. I think that has changed a little

Last edited by CoachTalk; 09-06-2019 at 06:56 AM.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:50 AM   #33
CoachTalk
Final Four

Quote:
I don’t understand how you came to that conclusion. I follow her and her mom on social media and I know people from her former high school. I’ve never seen anything on her or her moms social media that would suggest they don’t like OU. I also asked people from her former town did they ever get the feeling she didn’t like OU? They said NO!!! So again, I don’t understand where you came up with that conclusion. If you would kindly provide any type of proof to your claims then I’m pretty sure everybody on this thread would appreciate it. And why are you so mad at Embry? I’ve seen several posts on other threads where you seem to show hatred for that young lady. Are you from the town she left? You don’t have to answer that because I know who you are. Because the people that I know in Prague told me that you are on here trying to tarnish Embrys reputation. Sad!!! Let’s just hope that I don’t message her and her mother on social media and show them screenshots of text messages and group chat messages that people that I know from Prague have sent me. You might want to stop telling everybody everything. It’s sad that adults want to tear down kids for leaving a place where they’re not wanted.
I have never once tore her down because I said she wasn't an OU fan. I mean that is bad... everyone should be an OU fan...!

Why did she leave Prague Mr./Mrs. ?

Do you know the history of Prague and the Embry family? If you do, share it with me in a DM.

Or you just know a couple of people and take their word as gospel?
Old 09-06-2019, 11:07 AM   #34
sybarite
National Champion

Can you prove that Sherri didn't offer her?

If Sherri didn't offer, was there a reason?
sybarite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:21 AM   #35
Mac
Administrator

There seems to be some confusion on Moore, I’ve been told she was Wilde open, didn’t have any favorites, Sherri and Co went to watch her win gold over the summer so there must be some type of interest, she also just took an unofficial visit.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:07 PM   #36
CoachTalk
Final Four

Quote:
Like I said, provide any type of proof that Embry doesn’t like OU. It’s not her fault that our coach didn’t offer her. So if she doesn’t like us then that’s Sherri’s fault for not offering her. And don’t say, “Well she got injured” because she still received offers from schools around the country after her injury. According to her Twitter, she just received offers from Kansas and LSU. Also, I do know the history of Prague and the Embry family. Like I said, I know a lot of people in Prague. And they all said the same thing. We should have offered her once she recommitted for OkState like other schools did.
Listen, Im not going to play a game of chase with you. Ill wait for that Dm.

Injury had nothing to do with it. Your source is twitter, mine is earth core sample deeper.

I dont write much on the girls side unless i know something personally.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:09 PM   #37
CoachTalk
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
There seems to be some confusion on Moore, I’ve been told she was Wilde open, didn’t have any favorites, Sherri and Co went to watch her win gold over the summer so there must be some type of interest, she also just took an unofficial visit.
I agree with ya. Thats why I said at the end of my statement. Things have changed a little.

I hope we land her. I think OU took a big step over the summer.

Last edited by CoachTalk; 09-06-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:30 PM   #38
SuperHoops
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Listen, Im not going to play a game of chase with you. Ill wait for that Dm.

Injury had nothing to do with it. Your source is twitter, mine is earth core sample deeper.

I dont write much on the girls side unless i know something personally.
Sometimes it doesn't pay to stray from the Men's board. Maybe he can change his user name to Day1CoachFan.
SuperHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:47 PM   #39
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
My source is Twitter, my friends that I know from her former school, and some of her family members. So again, please provide any type of proof that she dislikes OU. Because I happen to know for a fact that she actually likes OU, but her and her family are highly disappointed that we haven’t offered her.

So since you said her injury has nothing to do with it, then explain why we haven’t offered her.
Do you know (or even care) that you're disparaging one of the most respected and knowledgeable posters on this board?
Old 09-06-2019, 04:12 PM   #40
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
My source is Twitter, my friends that I know from her former school, and some of her family members. So again, please provide any type of proof that she dislikes OU. Because I happen to know for a fact that she actually likes OU, but her and her family are highly disappointed that we haven’t offered her.

So since you said her injury has nothing to do with it, then explain why we haven’t offered her.

I doubt assistants Stiles or Williams could answer your question much less CoachTalk. If you want to know why ask Sherri she is probably the only person with the answer.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:55 PM   #41
CoachTalk
Final Four

Quote:

Carry on brother.

Let me REPEAT. I wish OU would offer and show up to Norman HS everyday till she can’t say no to them.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:57 PM   #42
CoachTalk
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
Do you know (or even care) that you're disparaging one of the most respected and knowledgeable posters on this board?
I don’t mind. I don’t post much, I don’t follow the women’s nearly as close. Trying to bridge over bc I enjoy vintage ou women!

I enjoy reading from you guys.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:12 PM   #43
CoachTalk
Final Four

Quote:
So asking how he knows that Embry has disliked us for years is “disparaging”? All I said was provide any proof that you have that she dislikes OU. I would gladly admit I am wrong, apologize, and delete my comments if there is any actual proof to what CoachTalk said.
Any proof she loves OU? Info isn’t posting screenshots or friend of friends 2nd cousin. Obviously you went to Prague or met her at okc storm or follow her and mom on Twitter.

It’s nothing personal. Information is information. Hope ou offers and she is a sooner great for 4 years!