ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 03-10-2019, 05:28 PM   #1
Kswhitetail
Role Player

Default Manek

Does Manek get to play against West Virginia since he was ejected at kstate Saturday?
Kswhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:32 PM   #2
oudna
All-American

Default Re: Manek

Looking at his season stats. Hardly any improvement over last year.

Hope next year is a big leap.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...y-manek-1.html
oudna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:48 PM   #3
BCSooners
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by oudna View Post
Looking at his season stats. Hardly any improvement over last year.

Hope next year is a big leap.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...y-manek-1.html
I havenít been a big fan of his attitude & spurts of not hustling but heís much better than last year. He doesnít get near the open looks like he did last year.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:37 PM   #4
Soonerinkc
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
I havenít been a big fan of his attitude & spurts of not hustling but heís much better than last year. He doesnít get near the open looks like he did last year.
yeah...feel the same.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:52 PM   #5
OU92Grad
Walk-on

I agree No easy looks this year without Trae. Also we don’t run anything that is designed to get him a shot. He gets his by moving without the ball or spacing floor with James or Doo being Iso’d. Last year Trae would set him up. Just another reason that shows how good Trae was last year.
OU92Grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:49 PM   #6
BCSooners
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU92Grad View Post
I agree No easy looks this year without Trae. Also we don’t run anything that is designed to get him a shot. He gets his by moving without the ball or spacing floor with James or Doo being Iso’d. Last year Trae would set him up. Just another reason that shows how good Trae was last year.
They run quite a few sets to get him open shots, also every oop play is for him.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:21 PM   #7
OUSKINS
Walk-on

Manek drives me nuts. He is the most gifted player on the team currently. He is a natural shooter and he has great size for a wing player. He’s also athletic enough and has at times rebounded well. I view him as having a fairly high ceiling and one of the few (maybe only) guys on this current roster that would draw some intrigue/playing time for a REALLY good team. But he either fights with his confidence or his effort or his stamina— maybe all three. He seems disengaged at times. That doesn’t always mean he isn’t trying. Again, it could be confidence or fatigue. But there are way too many times I watch him and wonder what the heck he’s doing. A guy like Odomes on the other hand is always going 110mph. Unfortunately, he doesn’t have the physical tools to max out at a very high level. But whatever his max is, he reaches it. I just hope Manek reaches his before he leaves.

www.oklahomacitythunderblog.blogspot.com
OUSKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:05 PM   #8
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kswhitetail View Post
Does Manek get to play against West Virginia since he was ejected at kstate Saturday?
Yes, there is no rule I'm aware of that would keep him out. I can't remember whether getting ejected for throwing a punch comes with a one-game suspension, but a flagrant two ejection doesn't have any carryover penalty.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote