ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 04-29-2022, 04:50 PM   #1
Soonercuda
All-Conference

Default Aubrey Joens transfers to OU

Soonercuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 09:02 AM   #2
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Default Re: Aubrey Joens transfers to OU

Info on Aubrey Joens

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ou/9592006002/

https://cyclones.com/sports/womens-b...ey-joens/11532

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 04:07 PM   #3
OKUman
Role Player

And why should we be excited, 5 points and 3 rebounds a game? Not good enough coach, time to get rid of marginal players.
Old 04-30-2022, 11:17 PM   #4
giraffespots
Walk-on

I am not super excited about Joens but that is because we ready needed to add a strong post...one that has some height.

That being said I do think she is a stronger player than her stats might indicate. She was playing with her sister who ate up all the stats. Everything ran thru her. Aubrey's percentages are good. She should be far more productive in our system which is designed and based upon team production.

I just feel that we needed inside strength alot more than finesse on the wing or outside.
giraffespots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 11:33 PM   #5
sunnyjim48
Walk-on

Who says OU is through with portal additions? I'm sure they are still trying to get a post.
Three great players will finish their careers next season. OU will need some experienced replacements. Joens should have three years left including her covid year. If you saw the OU-IState game at Norman this year you would know she's a good player. Maybe she wanted to get away from the shadow of her big sister.
sunnyjim48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 06:50 AM   #6
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyjim48 View Post
Who says OU is through with portal additions? I'm sure they are still trying to get a post.
Three great players will finish their careers next season. OU will need some experienced replacements. Joens should have three years left including her covid year. If you saw the OU-IState game at Norman this year you would know she's a good player. Maybe she wanted to get away from the shadow of her big sister.
OU has 10 scholarship players returning (Tot, Tucker, Washington, Llanusa, Perkins, Vann, Madi, TRob, Svoboda, Scott) and 4 freshman signees in Cooper, Johnson, Scott and Culliton for 2022-23.

14 scholarship players leaves room for only 1 additional signee unless another transfer out occurs.

https://soonersports.com/sports/wome...ketball/roster

https://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-ba...a530e4676.html

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 05-04-2022 at 07:55 AM.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 09:40 AM   #7
giraffespots
Walk-on

jim...I don't think we have room for anyone else this year. That is why I am disappointed. Culliton may be good but she and Svoboda are not enough, imo. But I am not going to worry about it. Who knows, we may get some great inside help with the freshmen.

I do think Joens is good, very good, in fact. She will contribute alot. And she is ideal for our style of play. I'm gonna remain positive.
Old 05-01-2022, 09:18 PM   #8
sunnyjim48
Walk-on

Silly me, I should have counted players before replying. I was really trying to answer Okuman after he called her a mediocre player. I also think Culiton is going to be better than some think. 18 points and 17 rebounds in the state finals is a strong performance. If you looked at the picture after the game, she sure looked to have plenty of muscle to battle inside.
sunnyjim48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 10:08 AM   #9
giraffespots
Walk-on

I hope so about Culliton. I also hope that Johnson will be a contributor. She is tall but lean. That may translate well to our fast offense. It would have been nice to have some proven experience inside but we have what we have.
Old 05-03-2022, 10:55 PM   #10
mikeareese
Role Player

I am confused. Is it 2022 or 2023 that OU has no room. If so how many scholarships will be available next year? and what will be that year?

Last edited by mikeareese; 05-03-2022 at 10:58 PM.
mikeareese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:17 AM   #11
Soonercuda
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeareese View Post
I am confused. Is it 2022 or 2023 that OU has no room. If so how many scholarships will be available next year? and what will be that year?
We have a full 15 scholarship players for next year (22/23). For the 2023 recruiting class we have a minimum of 3 openings with Madi, Taylor and Ana in their final year of eligibility. Given the portal realities we will likely have more than 3 openings for recruits as it is likely that a couple of players will transfer looking for playing time.
Old 05-19-2022, 01:37 PM   #12
Soonercuda
All-Conference