ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old Yesterday, 08:08 AM   #1
thebigabd
National Champion

Default Wichita State vs Big 12

They are 8-1.

They lost 75-63 on the road against West Virginia. They couldn't handle the WVU frontcourt... Tshiebwe and Culver combined for 28 points and 27 rebounds and WVU beat them on the boards 48-31, including 17 offensive rebounds. The freshman for WVU had 19 points and 18 rebounds.

Against Oklahoma State, they destroyed the Cowboys in Stillwater... OSU didn't have their best player, but they won 80-61. They beat OSU on the glass by 11, had 10 steals, and were 11-26 from 3.

Both of their games against big 12 teams were on the road... Their game against OU on Saturday will be in Wichita but not on their home gym.
Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM   #2
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Default Re: Wichita State vs Big 12

West Virginia was a neutral site game, in a tournament. Just to be a stickler. Saturday will be at Intrust, which is the downtown arena they play a game in each season. Will be two fairly evenly matched teams but with the crowd and the revenge factor from the last two seasons, we have our work cut out for us. Their crowd will be all over Reaves, they definitely haven't forgiven him for transferring.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #3
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
West Virginia was a neutral site game, in a tournament. Just to be a stickler. Saturday will be at Intrust, which is the downtown arena they play a game in each season. Will be two fairly evenly matched teams but with the crowd and the revenge factor from the last two seasons, we have our work cut out for us. Their crowd will be all over Reaves, they definitely haven't forgiven him for transferring.
Hope that will motivate him.
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM   #4
skyvue
Elite Eight

I don't think the long breaks after our last two games are such a great idea. No matter how hard or well they may be practicing, going eight or nine days between games twice in a row seems like unwise scheduling.
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM   #5
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
I don't think the long breaks after our last two games are such a great idea. No matter how hard or well they may be practicing, going eight or nine days between games twice in a row seems like unwise scheduling.
This week is Finals week. They always have a full week off for Finals week.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM   #6
mict085
Role Player

Gonna be a tough game. We haven’t exactly been playing well the last few games.
mict085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM   #7
Eielson
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
Yeah, they really should have all of dead week off as well if we're truly going to call them "student-athletes." Crazy time for undergarduate students.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM   #8
skyvue
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
Thanks, that makes sense.

But they had more than a week off before the North Texas game, too. Wichita State has played three games since Nov. 26, owho has played four. We've played one.
Old Today, 12:10 AM   #9
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Thanks, that makes sense.

But they had more than a week off before the North Texas game, too. Wichita State has played three games since Nov. 26, owho has played four. We've played one.
Yeah, playing twice in three weeks is not ideal. I think the timing of our Thanksgiving week tourney is what made it worse this year...when we play a tournament that ends later that week, we don't have two long breaks like we did this season.

Speaking of which, I've not seen us listed in any of next year's Thanksgiving tournament fields that have been released yet. Anyone have any inside info on that front? Was hoping for a nice, island destination so I could plan a vacation around Sooner basketball!
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:02 AM   #10
Hollisp
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by wichitasooner View Post
yeah, playing twice in three weeks is not ideal. I think the timing of our thanksgiving week tourney is what made it worse this year...when we play a tournament that ends later that week, we don't have two long breaks like we did this season.

Speaking of which, i've not seen us listed in any of next year's thanksgiving tournament fields that have been released yet. Anyone have any inside info on that front? Was hoping for a nice, island destination so i could plan a vacation around sooner basketball!
1A0AB954-A846-4E13-B335-D32436ACFDE8.jpg
Hollisp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:17 AM   #11
Stikboy
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollisp View Post
Very interesting! My wife and I are already talking about it..
Stikboy is online now   Reply With Quote