ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 10-21-2019, 10:38 AM   #1
NAIA All-Star
All-Conference

Default Buddy gets paid

From Wojo:

"Sacramento Kings guard Buddy Hield has agreed to a four-year, $94M contract extension with bonuses that could reach $106M, league sources tell ESPN."
NAIA All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:51 AM   #2
skyvue
Elite Eight

Default Re: Buddy gets paid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIA All-Star View Post
From Wojo:

"Sacramento Kings guard Buddy Hield has agreed to a four-year, $94M contract extension with bonuses that could reach $106M, league sources tell ESPN."
I wondered if he'd look to move to a different team when his chance came -- I guess I have my answer.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:48 AM   #3
Hollisp
Role Player

Get those bags Buddy! Great for him and OU. Couldn’t happen to a better guy.
Hollisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:54 AM   #4
daqman
Walk-on

Last week he said 4 years/$90million was an insult.
daqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:20 PM   #5
Max Power
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqman View Post
and now he is gonna put his money where is mouth is. He feels like he is worth 110 million he has incentives to go get 106. He hits that 106 he is probably in-line for a max on the next deal

Last edited by Max Power; 10-21-2019 at 12:28 PM.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:29 PM   #6
BCSooners
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqman View Post
The China fiasco might be cutting into potential player salaries.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #7
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollisp View Post
Great for him and OU. Couldn’t happen to a better guy.
My thoughts exactly! Good for you, Buddy!!!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:43 AM   #8
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight

What a stud. Dont you think hes prolly exceeded the general expectations the board had for him as a pro?

I think my forecast was pretty in line as far as level of star but i never imagined as many points as he gets. I expected like 12-15 a game. 14.9 is his career average, but last year he averaged 20 and i think he keeps that elevated number the next handful of years

I also heard he hit the most 3's, in like his first 3 seasons or something close, of ANY NBA player ever... again, stud

Manic Manek
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:45 AM   #9
BCSooners
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaustin View Post
What a stud. Dont you think hes prolly exceeded the general expectations the board had for him as a pro?

I think my forecast was pretty in line as far as level of star but i never imagined as many points as he gets. I expected like 12-15 a game. 14.9 is his career average, but last year he averaged 20 and i think he keeps that elevated number the next handful of years

I also heard he hit the most 3's, in like his first 3 seasons or something close, of ANY NBA player ever... again, stud
Oh definitely, I think most (including me) pegged him as a Reddick type of career.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:50 AM   #10
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

There were people on the board questioning whether he would stick in the league a week or so into his second season because he got off to a slow start shooting the ball. He's probably the second best shooter on the planet. Even if he offered nothing more than that, he would have a future in today's NBA, but he's improved so much in other areas. If not for the fact that the guard spot in the Western Conference is the deepest position group in the NBA, he would have been an All Star last season.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:52 AM   #11
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Oh definitely, I think most (including me) pegged him as a Reddick type of career.
I think that the 2 are still pretty comparable. Reddick averages 12.9, shoots almost exact 3% as buddy. Also, reddick threw up 18 a game last year, his career best.

Buddy may benefit from being on a crappier team, allowing him to gets more numbers, whereas reddick is a lower option on probably better teams. But i think Reddick and his career is very undervalued.

I like both players a lot. Id rather be on a crappy team and get numbers = then get paid, than be on a better team and only get 10 a game = get paid less

Still, I wish buddy was on the thunder!

Manic Manek
Old 10-22-2019, 08:56 AM   #12
BCSooners
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaustin View Post
I think that the 2 are still pretty comparable. Reddick averages 12.9, shoots almost exact 3% as buddy. Also, reddick threw up 18 a game last year, his career best.

Buddy may benefit from being on a crappier team, allowing him to gets more numbers, whereas reddick is a lower option on probably better teams. But i think Reddick and his career is very undervalued.

I like both players a lot. Id rather be on a crappy team and get numbers = then get paid, than be on a better team and only get 10 a game = get paid less

Still, I wish buddy was on the thunder!
Buddy is so much better than Reddick was in the 1st 3 years of the league it's not even close.

Reddick is also the player that needs to be on good teams in order to get the type of spacing and shots he needs.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:05 AM   #13
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Buddy is so much better than Reddick was in the 1st 3 years of the league it's not even close.

Reddick is also the player that needs to be on good teams in order to get the type of spacing and shots he needs.
True. No one is debating reddick in his 1st 3 years vs. Buddy's

Also prolly true. But i could see that cutting both ways in some respects. Buddy is definitely a better "creator", but idk if reddick has ever been asked to really do that

Manic Manek