ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 04-07-2018, 10:01 PM   #1
sybarite
National Champion

Default Watch Madison Williams

April 8
1:30
ESPN3
Jordan Brand classic
Brooklyn
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:48 AM   #2
sybarite
National Champion

Default Re: Watch Madison Williams

https://twitter.com/FloHoops/status/971760310896885766
Old 04-08-2018, 08:30 AM   #3
Mac
Administrator

I’m looking forward to seeing the Jones kid going to Iowa St... if she lives up to here ranking they should be pretty good in a few seasons and will have 2 high school all Americans on there roster for 2018-2019.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:43 PM   #4
sybarite
National Champion

McDonald's All-American box score
https://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com...ag/AAGIRLS.pdf
Old 04-08-2018, 09:53 PM   #5
SoonerinNC
Starter

Replayed the game on ESPN3. I think Madi got 7 points in somewhat limited play. Had some turnovers and made some very good passes. Better first half and early third quarter than the last time in the game where she had two turnovers in a row and was taken out.

Game was much more ragged than the McDonalds game. A lot of one on one play which Madi does not seem to fit into, thank goodness.

Madi will be good for us but Prince of Texas is scary. Much better than the past bigs for Texas which were sort of stiffs. But great players seem to make little difference at Texas.

The Baylor group looks strong but I don't think as good as the Griner group of several years back. Egbo looks to be the best of the group.
SoonerinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:28 AM   #6
Mac
Administrator

Madison can really dance and she has been the “life of the party” for both all star games... I think she will lead the team next year, her good vibes are contagious.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:44 AM   #7
sybarite
National Champion

Since the announcers don't actually tell anything about the game, it wasn't clear. But, I got the general impression that Madison's team fell behind by about fifteen due to the white team's three point shooting and better patterns. Then, with maybe five minutes left in the first half, they brought in Madison. I thought she was pretty good at causing chaos on defense, and she put a stop to Englesterrer (?) who was killing them from two and three. She blocked a shot and harassed her, stopping her scoring. Got a couple of steals and a couple of boards. Even got a layup. Suddenly, they were down by only ten at the half. I thought she was instrumental to getting them going in the third. Then, did she foul out?
Old 04-27-2018, 12:05 AM   #8
Mac
Administrator

Madi has moved back up to #24 on ESPN.