ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 03-10-2019, 04:29 PM   #26
oudna
All-American

Default Re: Back on the Bubble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
0-9

Edit: Pretty much the only difference is that we beat UF and they did not.
Big if true

Your theory suggests OU will beat WVU!
oudna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:39 PM   #27
WTSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by oudna View Post
Big if true

Your theory suggests OU will beat WVU!
I know you already know this, and you're just foolin', but it's not an exact science. 1 game either day doesn't make a decided difference. Both teams are bad on the road. It's just another stat that can be used.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:24 PM   #28
stormspencer
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
If ya'll want to take credit for beating RIO and UTSA on the road the first two games of the season, go right ahead. From a stand point of measuring how we might do in non-home games from here on out, I personally think they have zero value. You can pretty much add NW to that list too. An OT win against a team that has 13 wins on the season, when we were "playing our best ball?" No thank you. What is our road/neutral record against teams that ESPN currently has in the Tourney? What is it the last 2-3 months of the season? And yes, that matters. This isn't the same team that played back in November. We struggle away from home. A few wins against teams that ended up being terrible (RIO, UTSA, ND, NW, USC) doesn't mean squat when trying to predict if not playing at home might affect our changes in the Big 12 Tourney and Dance.

IMO, of course.
I understand where you are coming from. However, you are focusing on the micro. Understand, when we get into the tournament (probably as an 8/9 seed), we are going to be playing against another flawed team (just like us) in the 1st round. I haven't seen anyone suggesting that we are going to make the Sweet 16....because I don't see this team having much of a chance against a 1 or 2 seed. No one is saying that we're great....because we certainly are not great. We are just above mediocre....just like a team barely above the bubble.

And OU hasn't played all that poorly away from home. They played KU, Tech, Baylor and Texas into the final minute(s) on the road.....this team had a problem closing games on the road in conference....you won't get an argument from me. They got blown out by KSU and ISU....and lost to a bad WV team. Well, that happens to "just above mediocre" teams on the road in conference.

We will have a good shot to win our first tournament game. If we win, we are playing with house money at that point.
stormspencer is offline   Reply With Quote