ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 03-15-2018, 12:56 PM   #476
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight

Default Re: NCAA First Round: Oklahoma [18-13] vs. Rhode Island [25-7] Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSKINS View Post
I disagree with those complaining about refs. I watched the same game and felt they were a non-factor. Like all games, there were missed calls but I felt it went both ways.

This was just more of the same weíve seen for the last two months. I do think we played harder and tougher today than we have been, but we very much looked like a team with one really good player and a bunch of guys who are borderline rotation guys. Really terrible job by Lon this year. He had no answers. If I felt we had an up arrow for next year it would be easier to accept. But Iíll be shocked if we arenít dead last in B12 next year. Cupboard is empty.

Spangler dunking on "the piece of crap"
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:56 PM   #477
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight

Default Re: NCAA First Round: Oklahoma [18-13] vs. Rhode Island [25-7] Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
The dude just needs to learn how to shoot the ball. He's going to be a senior and he reminds me of a hockey player who cannot skate.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:57 PM   #478
okhoops918
Walk-on

Some of our better 'on paper' recruits do not play anything close to their HS rankings.

James, Odomes, Mcgusty.

These are Top 150 players. Mcgusty is a top 50 player in HS.

Could be some tough years ahead
okhoops918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:59 PM   #479
22dupree
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by 152219 View Post
Odomesí defense on that last 3 pointer was bad. Gave him way too much room. Not a great defender.
Exactly. Left hand shooter, Odomes was playing him on his left hand side and still let the guy get an open look.
22dupree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:10 PM   #480
Soonerinkc
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jccouger View Post
The refs were very bad, like changing the outcome of the game kind of bad. You can't minimize the impact they had on this game.

TY had probably the best game he's played in a couple month. He was outstanding.
No...the refs didn't. The only questionable call i saw was the 5tyh foul on james..got ball..but they'll call it 90% of the time swiping like that.

Ty took 2 horrible ****s in OT...maybe did ok the rest of the time...but those were crucial moments.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:12 PM   #481
Soonerinkc
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22dupree View Post
Exactly. Left hand shooter, Odomes was playing him on his left hand side and still let the guy get an open look.
Have we ever played good D this year ...consistently?
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:17 PM   #482
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

i swear, james gets more bad calls against him than I have ever seen
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:22 PM   #483
MichaelM
Walk-on

Look at the Associated Press story on the game:

Quote:
Rhode Island shuts down Young, Oklahoma in 83-78 win
The 10th-seeded Sooners (18-14) late-season fade ended with a thud when Young failed to carry them as he had so many times this season.
I don't know how you can write something like that with a straight face.
MichaelM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:23 PM   #484
Jccouger
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBounce13 View Post
Kind of reminds me of Eeyor. Bad stuff happens to him constantly and he just mopes around.
Jccouger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:25 PM   #485
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jccouger View Post
Kind of reminds me of Eeyor. Bad stuff happens to him constantly and he just mopes around.
Thatís a good observation. Make your own luck with a positive outlook.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:35 PM   #486
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
Look at the Associated Press story on the game:

I don't know how you can write something like that with a straight face.
Bc journalism is terrible these days and this dweeb doesn't watch games..

Old 03-15-2018, 02:33 PM   #487
inoref
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBounce13 View Post
his crying on every call doesn't help
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:55 AM   #488
TulsaWorld
Walk-on

Postgame report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon Kruger
“I thought, again, the fight defensively, the fight on the boards and all that was good,” OU coach Lon Kruger said. “Still didn’t make shots that we needed to create a little bit of a gap.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameron McGusty
“I thought we had that one in the bag,” guard Kameron McGusty said. “We controlled the game most of the game until the end.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae Young
“I’m not focused on anything right now besides my teammates, and that’s it,” Young said. “Here in this next week I’ll discuss it with my family … and we’ll go from there.”

“Going from 11-20 to going to the NCAA Tournament?” Young said. “I’ll let you be the judge on if that’s positive or negative.”
Most postgame stuff here.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:01 AM   #489
WTSooner
National Champion

The D effort was good AT TIMES. You could tell in the second half when our intensity dropped. RI got better shots, got more comfortable, and starting making them. It just amazes me that we can't get open shot for our guys, or especially TY, but RI had open looks all day, especially their best players. Goes back to the crap offense we run. OU doesn't have the talent, even with TY, to not run some specific sets and plays designed to get guys open. Simply relying on the players to consistently create for themselves is a not the answer.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:40 AM   #490
NickZepp
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
The D effort was good AT TIMES. You could tell in the second half when our intensity dropped. RI got better shots, got more comfortable, and starting making them. It just amazes me that we can't get open shot for our guys, or especially TY, but RI had open looks all day, especially their best players. Goes back to the crap offense we run. OU doesn't have the talent, even with TY, to not run some specific sets and plays designed to get guys open. Simply relying on the players to consistently create for themselves is a not the answer.
Defense was really good till we sat McNeace somewhere in the 2nd half and didn't bring him back till it was too late and our defensive intensity never really came back. I will say McNeace showed a ton of promise if he could play like he did the first 30 minutes of the game or so. He was effecting almost every shot inside. He got cheated on a goal tend call too.
NickZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:02 AM   #491
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickZepp View Post
He got cheated on a goal tend call too.
That was a terrible call. It was clear it didn't hit the backboard first.
And it was him I think that got called for a foul on a block that was all ball.

I'm tired of Lon's passiveness. There is a reason coaches like Self, huggins, Cal, and Roy get the calls.
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote