ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 08-15-2018, 09:09 AM   #126
skyvue
Elite Eight
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 5,161
Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
Likely none of these guys you are hearing about... The "OU is in the top 10 with Michigan State, Maryland, Arizona, Duke, Texas, etc" whatever kind of stuff RARELY works out for OU.
It's a process. With these guys, you have to make their top 15/10/5 -- so far, so good. Do you suggest Coach Kruger instead just bail on all these recruits and go snag some jucos?
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

Last edited by skyvue; 08-15-2018 at 10:18 AM.
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:51 AM   #127
Boomer!Sooner!
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 62
Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
Likely none of these guys you are hearing about... The "OU is in the top 10 with Michigan State, Maryland, Arizona, Duke, Texas, etc" whatever kind of stuff RARELY works out for OU.
Devion Harmon is working really hard on recruiting these guys. I bet he will be able to get 2-3 guys to join him. He will be such a great player for OU. So yes, in the past couple of years we haven't been able to pull some of these guys, but things are changing.
Boomer!Sooner! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:48 AM   #128
Darwin
Role Player
 
Darwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cleveland county
Posts: 864
Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer!Sooner! View Post
Devion Harmon is working really hard on recruiting these guys. I bet he will be able to get 2-3 guys to join him. He will be such a great player for OU. So yes, in the past couple of years we haven't been able to pull some of these guys, but things are changing.
If he pulls 1 top 30 or 40 guy with him that's great. Add to that just 1 of those impact jucos, that makes a stellar class.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:31 PM   #129
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKC
Posts: 5,170
Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
It's a process. With these guys, you have to make their top 15/10/5 -- so far, so good. Do you suggest Coach Kruger instead just bail on all these recruits and go snag some jucos?
Lol you must be new here.. ha that would be his dream
__________________

Spangler dunking on "the piece of crap"
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM   #130
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,233
Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
It's a process. With these guys, you have to make their top 15/10/5 -- so far, so good. Do you suggest Coach Kruger instead just bail on all these recruits and go snag some jucos?
Hi, I am thebigabd... nice to meet you. Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Lol you must be new here.. ha that would be his dream
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM   #131
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,453
Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
It's a process. With these guys, you have to make their top 15/10/5 -- so far, so good. Do you suggest Coach Kruger instead just bail on all these recruits and go snag some jucos?
Unlike some coaches I could name, Coach Kruger usually has a Plan B in mind if his first choice doesn't work out.
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM   #132
BCSooners
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 1,827
Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
Unlike some coaches I could name, Coach Kruger usually has a Plan B in mind if his first choice doesn't work out.
Need a big class this year, another plan A needs to happen. Then a JUCO, plan B, plan C, grad transfer.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:33 AM   #133
sperry
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,416
Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Need a big class this year, another plan A needs to happen. Then a JUCO, plan B, plan C, grad transfer.
This. We have so little high level talent on the roster coming back next year. Basically just Bienemy, Manek and Reaves. Obviously Harmon is a stud, but we've gotta add several more starter caliber players to the roster.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:04 AM   #134
CoachTalk
Elite Eight
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,691
Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
This. We have so little high level talent on the roster coming back next year. Basically just Bienemy, Manek and Reaves. Obviously Harmon is a stud, but we've gotta add several more starter caliber players to the roster.
Thats the reality of recruiting. You want high level guys, you must wait for them... Staff is doing just that. Its tough to swallow waiting so long.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:31 AM   #135
sperry
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,416
Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Thats the reality of recruiting. You want high level guys, you must wait for them... Staff is doing just that. Its tough to swallow waiting so long.

I'm probably overstating "high level." I don't mean elite guys. I just mean quality players who should be able to start at OU.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:23 AM   #136
CoachTalk
Elite Eight
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,691
Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
I'm probably overstating "high level." I don't mean elite guys. I just mean quality players who should be able to start at OU.
Harmon top 35 is elite. Mcdaniels top 5 player is elite.

We are in a bunch of 30-150 top players.


Jacob germany is ranked 215 but by the reaction of some posters hes not even a good backup plan.

What if he turned out just a tad worse than Manek, Is that ok?
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:30 AM   #137
Laxtothemax12
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,589
Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Harmon top 35 is elite. Mcdaniels top 5 player is elite.

We are in a bunch of 30-150 top players.


Jacob germany is ranked 215 but by the reaction of some posters hes not even a good backup plan.

What if he turned out just a tad worse than Manek, Is that ok?
No complaints here
Laxtothemax12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:49 AM   #138
OU92Grad
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 103
Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Harmon top 35 is elite. Mcdaniels top 5 player is elite.

We are in a bunch of 30-150 top players.


Jacob germany is ranked 215 but by the reaction of some posters hes not even a good backup plan.

What if he turned out just a tad worse than Manek, Is that ok?
Coach,

I haven't seen Germany play much but is he more of a 5 man rather than a PF?

When I did watch him I don't see him shooting the 3 like Manek.

Looking forward to your reply.
OU92Grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:14 PM   #139
BCSooners
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 1,827
Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Didn't make top 5 for 5* Jeremiah Robinson-Earl. Not a real shocker since he's always been considered a KU or UNC lean.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:33 PM   #140
CoachTalk
Elite Eight
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,691
Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU92Grad View Post
Coach,

I haven't seen Germany play much but is he more of a 5 man rather than a PF?

When I did watch him I don't see him shooting the 3 like Manek.

Looking forward to your reply.
He's listed as a center but he's a new long loved stretch 4 type in college.
more guard than post.

You're right, doesn't shoot the 3 a ton or nearly as well as Manek.

His knock is desire and effort. When it's a big game, its go time and he's there. Playing down in HS, he played down.

He has a guard skills, very athletic, and size...
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:57 PM   #141
AdaSooner
Administrator
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 13,263
Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Harmon top 35 is elite. Mcdaniels top 5 player is elite.

We are in a bunch of 30-150 top players.


Jacob germany is ranked 215 but by the reaction of some posters hes not even a good backup plan.

What if he turned out just a tad worse than Manek, Is that ok?
I’m all for keeping instate kids at home when we can. I’m just.not sure Germany is worthy of a ship in our 2019 class?

There’s a reason he’s ranked #215 nationally, not to mention the fact that his scholarship offer from OU is said to be conditional. Judging by the highlight videos I have watched online, he’s got a long way to go to be ready to compete at the D-1 level.

I’m just not for using a valuable scholarship in this class on another project.. I find it hard to believe our coaches can’t fill all of those spots with recruits who have a higher upside and/or a higher motor than Jacob Germany. Maybe he will prove me wrong this fall. Correction: I truly hope he proves me wrong.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com