ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 09-19-2019, 12:53 PM   #1
cowboysooner
Starter

Default Practice Saturday?

Anyone know if we have a practice Saturday, and if so, where and when? Thanks.
cowboysooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 02:22 PM   #2
CoachTalk
Final Four

Default Re: Practice Saturday?

Call Renee forney at men’s office
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:42 AM   #3
cowboysooner
Starter

Anyone happen to know the telephone number of Ms. Forney at the men's basketball office. Thanks.
cowboysooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #4
CoachTalk
Final Four

(405) 325-8302
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:15 AM   #5
Sooner04
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysooner View Post
Anyone happen to know the telephone number of Ms. Forney at the men's basketball office. Thanks.
All the info can be found right here.
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:03 PM   #6
daqman
Walk-on

https://soonersports.com/news/2019/9...e-tuesday.aspx
daqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:49 PM   #7
skyvue
Elite Eight

I'll chip a buck or two for gas money if someone will go and report back.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:35 PM   #8
daqman
Walk-on

https://oklahoman.com/article/564221...first-practice

"Harmon has yet to make his college debut, but hes not reserved in his expectations for a Harmon-Bieniemy backcourt.

I think were the best duo in the country, Harmon said. Its gonna be exciting". "
daqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:42 PM   #9
skyvue
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqman View Post
https://oklahoman.com/article/564221...first-practice

"Harmon has yet to make his college debut, but hes not reserved in his expectations for a Harmon-Bieniemy backcourt.

I think were the best duo in the country, Harmon said. Its gonna be exciting". "
247 members should go check out Colin Kennedy's post about the practice. He was very positive and had some additional info to that found in the Oklahoman article.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:41 AM   #10
usedtobe1
Administrator

To sum up what Collin Kennedy said in just a few words.... Manek has bulked up. Doo has slimmed down. Both look a lot better. Garang is a very good outside shooter. Jalen Hill is very good defensively. Harmon can do it all, but is very coachable... good listener. Williams is going to be a stud.... very athletic. Molanari brings a lot of positive coaching energy especially on the defensive end.

SoonerScoop had a lot of stuff, too, including video interviews and quotes. Harmon thinks he and Bienemy are the best PG duo around.... like playing together. I loved his quote on Alondes Williams:
“He’s super bouncy. That’s what I can say. He can jump out of the gym. He’s athletic. He’s gonna do most of the dirty work for us — rebound, hit open shots. He’s gonna score the ball. I’m excited about what he’s gonna bring to the table for us. I think he’s gonna be a great asset for us and I think opposing teams are gonna have to game plan for him. That’s the best part about it.”

This year is going to be fun.
usedtobe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:24 AM   #11
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobe1 View Post
To sum up what Collin Kennedy said in just a few words.... Manek has bulked up. Doo has slimmed down. Both look a lot better. Garang is a very good outside shooter. Jalen Hill is very good defensively. Harmon can do it all, but is very coachable... good listener. Williams is going to be a stud.... very athletic. Molanari brings a lot of positive coaching energy especially on the defensive end.

SoonerScoop had a lot of stuff, too, including video interviews and quotes. Harmon thinks he and Bienemy are the best PG duo around.... like playing together. I loved his quote on Alondes Williams:
Hes super bouncy. Thats what I can say. He can jump out of the gym. Hes athletic. Hes gonna do most of the dirty work for us rebound, hit open shots. Hes gonna score the ball. Im excited about what hes gonna bring to the table for us. I think hes gonna be a great asset for us and I think opposing teams are gonna have to game plan for him. Thats the best part about it.

Thanks for the summary! Having a lot of athleticism is going to be so nice, especially after last year. That was something we really lacked and it was why I knew we would likely have issues in conference play, even after the great nonconference results. If the D-1 newcomers can round into form and make major contributions this season, we really will have a great mix of skill and athletic ability on this roster.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #12
skyvue
Elite Eight

Quote:
To sum up what Collin Kennedy said in just a few words....
I wasn't sure exactly what was allowed since it was a VIP post over there, but you summarized it well.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:25 PM   #13
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:

Hes super bouncy. Thats what I can say. He can jump out of the gym. Hes athletic. Hes gonna do most of the dirty work for us rebound, hit open shots. Hes gonna score the ball. Im excited about what hes gonna bring to the table for us. I think hes gonna be a great asset for us and I think opposing teams are gonna have to game plan for him. Thats the best part about it.

Thanks, Usedtobe1!

Lots of good stuff here too from John Rhode, long time Oklahoman sports reporter.

https://soonersports.com/news/2019/9...ason-prep.aspx

This team is going to be deep, talented and athletic. I have said for sometime OU may be the surprise of the Big 12 this season. Im even more convinced of that now.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 04:00 PM   #14
vbdad
Role Player

LK is very happy with Harmon.
Williams has played very well the last couple of weeks. He is going to be a big factor for us.
Doo is making a bunch of shots in practice.
Kur is practicing well.
Ricky I has a knee issue but they think he will be a player.

AG will redshirt.
It will be interesting to see if Hill also becomes a candidate for redshirt. My guess is no but it is possible.
vbdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 08:11 AM   #15
BoulderSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbdad View Post
LK is very happy with Harmon.
Williams has played very well the last couple of weeks. He is going to be a big factor for us.
Doo is making a bunch of shots in practice.
Kur is practicing well.
Ricky I has a knee issue but they think he will be a player.

AG will redshirt.
It will be interesting to see if Hill also becomes a candidate for redshirt. My guess is no but it is possible.
thanks
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:50 PM   #16
tooney
Starter

Anyone go to the practice this morning??
Old 09-28-2019, 03:09 PM   #17
Darwin
Role Player

Yes I did but only for about 35 minutes. Nothing too different to my average fan type eyes than what I put on the practice report thread Thursday. It was mostly about new players, today I would add that Brady missed more than his share of open shots but practice misses usually don't concern me. Oh! and Trae was there and Renzi.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 04:25 PM   #18
Max Power
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Yes I did but only for about 35 minutes. Nothing too different to my average fan type eyes than what I put on the practice report thread Thursday. It was mostly about new players, today I would add that Brady missed more than his share of open shots but practice misses usually don't concern me. Oh! and Trae was there and Renzi.
Good to see trae staying engaged with the program

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:01 PM   #19
OU92Grad
Walk-on

I was there as well. Highlight of the day by far was Brady dunking on 7-1 Issanza. Very Impressive!
OU92Grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 11:33 PM   #20
skyvue
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU92Grad View Post
I was there as well. Highlight of the day by far was Brady dunking on 7-1 Issanza. Very Impressive!
Is Manek noticeably bigger? A couple of the stories following the opening practice suggested as much.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:40 AM   #21
Darwin
Role Player

I think he looks more filled out.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote