ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2019, 09:03 AM   #26
CoachTalk
Final Four
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,800
Default Re: Huge weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjack151 View Post
I’m just curious - if we get Thompson how will that impact Harmon?
Like a kid in a Candy store. His goal was to avg 10 asst a game this year. Next year with BT. Thatd be easy.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:27 AM   #27
daqman
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 277
Default Re: Huge weekend

If BT decides to be a Sooner, we might be as talented and deep at the guard position as we've ever been.

If the big men develop, we should be able to compete at the top of the conference again.
daqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:39 PM   #28
AdaSooner
Administrator
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,206
Default Re: Huge weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqman View Post
If BT decides to be a Sooner, we might be as talented and deep at the guard position as we've ever been.

If the big men develop, we should be able to compete at the top of the conference again.
No doubt about it!

I think BT and those around him know that too. Players like him aren’t afraid of competition for playing time, they welcome it.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:43 PM   #29
atlantasooner
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,563
Default Re: Huge weekend

Harmon with Bryce.
Would give OU potentially two elite kids for a change instead of just one guy.
Blake and Trae never had a wingman like this.
Buddy had perhaps the most complete team around him.
But ceiling wise Harmon/Bryce is better than Buddy/Isaiah.
atlantasooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:17 PM   #30
rickjames
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Norman
Posts: 315
Default Re: Huge weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantasooner View Post
Harmon with Bryce.
Would give OU potentially two elite kids for a change instead of just one guy.
Blake and Trae never had a wingman like this.
Buddy had perhaps the most complete team around him.
But ceiling wise Harmon/Bryce is better than Buddy/Isaiah.
Willie Warren was a stud.
rickjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:23 PM   #31
CoachTalk
Final Four
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,800
Default Re: Huge weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantasooner View Post
Harmon with Bryce.
Would give OU potentially two elite kids for a change instead of just one guy.
Blake and Trae never had a wingman like this.
Buddy had perhaps the most complete team around him.
But ceiling wise Harmon/Bryce is better than Buddy/Isaiah.
That’s why if osu lands Cunningham and BT. They’ll be final 4 caliber.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:24 PM   #32
CoachTalk
Final Four
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,800
Default Re: Huge weekend

Bryce is likely 1-done.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:40 PM   #33
coolm
National Champion
 
coolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,909
Default Re: Huge weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Bryce is likely 1-done.
exactly. it would be nice and all but it's not a destroyer.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:42 PM   #34
skyvue
Elite Eight
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 5,794
Default Re: Huge weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
That’s why if osu lands Cunningham and BT. They’ll be final 4 caliber.
As might OU be, if he's a Sooner.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:51 PM   #35
slappy in OP
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,540
Default Re: Huge weekend

Great timing hosting this with Trae and Buddy in town.
slappy in OP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:55 PM   #36
CoachTalk
Final Four
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,800
Default Re: Huge weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
As might OU be, if he's a Sooner.
Cade is likely #1 pick. I think we could special with Bryce as well.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:24 PM   #37
cjhsooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 393
Default Re: Huge weekend

A Rivals article on the players in town this past weekend.
cjhsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:27 PM   #38
CoachTalk
Final Four
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,800
Default Re: Huge weekend

There were dozens. 2020-2022 kids.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 02:53 PM   #39
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKC
Posts: 5,726
Default Re: Huge weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
That’s why if osu lands Cunningham and BT. They’ll be final 4 caliber.
Don't make me throw up at the thought of this
__________________

Manic Manek
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:43 PM   #40
Eielson
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,500
Default Re: Huge weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Thompson is a combo guard and will almost surely play off the ball if he comes to OU. I'd guess Harmon would be the happiest guy around if we land Thompson, given how hard Harmon tries to recruit guys to Norman.
Somebody would have go to the bench, and I suspect it would be Harmon or JB. Possibly Reaves. Unless we go small ball, which I would be intrigued to see.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:56 PM   #41
daqman
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 277
Default Re: Huge weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
Somebody would have go to the bench, and I suspect it would be Harmon or JB. Possibly Reaves. Unless we go small ball, which I would be intrigued to see.
Harmon will play point. Thompson/Bieniemy wing.
None of these guys will play 40 minutes.
Bieniemy will also pick up minutes spelling Harmon at the point.
Some guys may not be happy with their minutes. But if guys like Reaves or Williams or Bieniemy have to give up minutes to someone like Thompson, the team will likely be pretty good.
This is a good problem to have. It's called "quality depth".
It's what good teams have.
daqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:30 PM   #42
Eielson
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,500
Default Re: Huge weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqman View Post
Harmon will play point. Thompson/Bieniemy wing.
None of these guys will play 40 minutes.
Bieniemy will also pick up minutes spelling Harmon at the point.
Some guys may not be happy with their minutes. But if guys like Reaves or Williams or Bieniemy have to give up minutes to someone like Thompson, the team will likely be pretty good.
This is a good problem to have. It's called "quality depth".
It's what good teams have.
By absolutely no means was I trying to imply I don't want Thompson. I want Thompson bad. If Reaves weren't on the team, I'd be 100% on board for Thompson, Harmon, and JB starting at 1-3. I just think JB or Harmon will go to the bench instead of Reaves. We'll see how the season goes. There's very little question that JB, DH, and AR will be good, but there is plenty to question in terms of HOW good they are.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:46 AM   #43
cjhsooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 393
Default Re: Huge weekend

https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...ate-134908856/

I hope OU made a lasting impression. He most likely won't visit again before he commits (saw an article mentioning him possibly committing early). He is visiting UT, MSU and UNC coming up, as well as OSU.
cjhsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:39 AM   #44
CoachTalk
Final Four
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,800
Default Re: Huge weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhsooner View Post
https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...ate-134908856/

I hope OU made a lasting impression. He most likely won't visit again before he commits (saw an article mentioning him possibly committing early). He is visiting UT, MSU and UNC coming up, as well as OSU.
I think he'll be on campus unofficially a ton more times before committing.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 06:21 AM   #45
CoachTalk
Final Four
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,800
Default Re: Huge weekend

Oklahoma is hosting two of the top sophomore wings today in Gradey Dick & Colin Smith. 2020 commit Trey Phipps & junior guard Bijan Cortes will also be on campus, a source tells
@Rivals

From Yesterday
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:15 AM   #46
WichitaSooner
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,571
Default Re: Huge weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Oklahoma is hosting two of the top sophomore wings today in Gradey Dick & Colin Smith. 2020 commit Trey Phipps & junior guard Bijan Cortes will also be on campus, a source tells
@Rivals

From Yesterday
Dick is going to be tough for any program to pry away from KU, it's the school he and his family have always loved. Obviously that doesn't guarantee anything,.and lots can change in three years, but I know how happy he was to get their offer. Either way,.great to be in the mix for so many highly rated players!
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:12 PM   #47
NMSooner'80
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lawton, OK
Posts: 1,721
Default Re: Huge weekend

I hope with these in-state kids visiting that there's a classy way to let them know that OU leads the Bedlam series by 41 games. Too many people, including some of our own alumni, tend to believe the propaganda that OSU has a big edge on us.
NMSooner'80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:36 PM   #48
cjhsooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 393
Default Re: Huge weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMSooner'80 View Post
I hope with these in-state kids visiting that there's a classy way to let them know that OU leads the Bedlam series by 41 games. Too many people, including some of our own alumni, tend to believe the propaganda that OSU has a big edge on us.
Banners matter. Even if no one remembers them, they have 2 they can claim. OU may be the best program to never have won a title. Unfortunately, that isn't changing anytime soon. But if OU can keep outperforming OSU, it will go along way towards shutting those people up.
cjhsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:41 PM   #49
BCSooners
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 2,406
Default Re: Huge weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhsooner View Post
Banners matter. Even if no one remembers them, they have 2 they can claim. OU may be the best program to never have won a title. Unfortunately, that isn't changing anytime soon. But if OU can keep outperforming OSU, it will go along way towards shutting those people up.
Their "titles" wasn't the real championship. The NIT was the real tournament when they claim their titles.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:02 PM   #50
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms
Role Player
 
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Their "titles" wasn't the real championship. The NIT was the real tournament when they claim their titles.


Then OU should have a couple also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com