ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 09-09-2019, 01:22 PM   #51
SuperHoops
Role Player

Default Re: Huge weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMSooner'80 View Post
I hope with these in-state kids visiting that there's a classy way to let them know that OU leads the Bedlam series by 41 games. Too many people, including some of our own alumni, tend to believe the propaganda that OSU has a big edge on us.
It would be kind of little brotherish to bring up a different school while they are on campus to visit OU.
SuperHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 02:02 PM   #52
skyvue
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhsooner View Post
Banners matter. Even if no one remembers them, they have 2 they can claim.
Princeton was once a major football power, too, and for a long time. I don't think anyone touts them much anymore. And I seriously doubt the average 17-year-old cares very much about championships that happened before their grandparents were born.

If OU had won two football NCs under Wilkinson and had been decent but not great in (some of) the years since, I don't think the media would give us much credit for those two titles.

Last edited by skyvue; 09-09-2019 at 02:04 PM.
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:21 PM   #53
NMSooner'80
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHoops View Post
It would be kind of little brotherish to bring up a different school while they are on campus to visit OU.

I think it could be done in a subtle manner. Just do a presentation or something that shows the series leads we have on the entire league except for the Beakers. I'm for any classy method possible to combat the propaganda that exists out there about the Sooners being inferior.
NMSooner'80 is offline   Reply With Quote