ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > NBA Hoops Talk Board

Old 07-05-2019, 07:47 PM   #151
Eielson
Starter

Default Re: Magic Johnson as a General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Reddish will have to be a starter for it to even be close, which he probably will.
Luka is very good, and he deserved ROY. Acting like Trae can't possibly be in the same league as him is silly, though. And we have no idea how Reddish will turn out. Five years from now he could be anywhere from out of the league to perennial all-pro candidate. In some ways, this trade also allowed Atlanta to trade up and grab Hunter. So many variables -- far from obvious.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:20 AM   #152
jmizzy4ou
All-American

Welp Eielson, looks like Kawhi played us like a fiddle. I was done about 3 days ago when I saw how he was dragging it out. Shows how much PG wanted to return to LA, but didn't wanna play with LBJ. I hope our Lakers kick their heads in next season, lol....

And the Thunder fans finally get a real look at the PG the Pacer fans hate. Never been clutch in big moments, and will bail out on you.

Last edited by jmizzy4ou; 07-06-2019 at 02:08 AM.
jmizzy4ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 05:09 AM   #153
Eielson
Starter

WOW. I can't believe what just happened. Jerry freakin West, man. GOAT.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:45 AM   #154
BCSooners
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
Luka is very good, and he deserved ROY. Acting like Trae can't possibly be in the same league as him is silly, though. And we have no idea how Reddish will turn out. Five years from now he could be anywhere from out of the league to perennial all-pro candidate. In some ways, this trade also allowed Atlanta to trade up and grab Hunter. So many variables -- far from obvious.
My bias is probably blinding me bc I donít like Traeís game but my main point was that Dallas has a plan & is executing it well. Atlanta finally is making sense after 8 years.
BCSooners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 11:38 AM   #155
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms
Role Player

The East will be wide open next year. West is a dog fight. A smart superstar might have stayed in the East and had a cakewalk to the finals. LeBron won some Championships using this strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:51 PM   #156
WTSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms View Post
The East will be wide open next year. West is a dog fight. A smart superstar might have stayed in the East and had a cakewalk to the finals. LeBron won some Championships using this strategy.

I don't think KL cares about "just" winning Championships at this point. He has two on two different teams. This was about going home. And building "his" team.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:11 PM   #157
jmizzy4ou
All-American

I love the moves the Lakers have made after waiting so long. I'm thinking Pelinka isn't the one who struggled as much as it was Magic. To snag Green, Cousins, and Cook, and to also keep McGee, Rondo,and KCP, then adding a vet shooter in Daniels, and a goon in Dudley, they have maxed what they could do after Kwahi kept em on a hook for almost 2 weeks. I like this roster much better than LBJ's yr one cast. Not many teams in the west can match up with LBJ and AD in the paint. If they get anything from the perimeter, it will be interesting......
Old 07-06-2019, 04:04 PM   #158
Eielson
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
I love the moves the Lakers have made after waiting so long. I'm thinking Pelinka isn't the one who struggled as much as it was Magic. To snag Green, Cousins, and Cook, and to also keep McGee, Rondo,and KCP, then adding a vet shooter in Daniels, and a goon in Dudley, they have maxed what they could do after Kwahi kept em on a hook for almost 2 weeks. I like this roster much better than LBJ's yr one cast. Not many teams in the west can match up with LBJ and AD in the paint. If they get anything from the perimeter, it will be interesting......
All things considered, Pelinka did a great job. He absolutely had to wait it out for Kawhi, and it almost worked out. This wasn't plan A or B. Maybe not even C, but at the end of the day, the Lakers are strong title contenders.

From what I have seen, most of these contracts are for two years, which I think is the smart move. I don't think there will be any elite FAs available next year. It should allow us to retool as Lebron enters the final year of his contract, as well as the ability to build some continuity.

Danny Green is a perfect fit for this team. 15M a year is an overpay, but probably worth it to keep the contract short. I imagine he'd have loved to cash in on a 4 year deal somewhere. He's one of the only 3 guys I'd guarantee in the starting lineup.

I'm amazed how this Lakers team went from one of the smallest to probably the biggest in such a short period of time. I remember laughing in the presason about how screwed we were last year if Javale went down. The Lakers can have a reverse-death lineup of sorts with James, Boogie, and Davis. The league has quickly changed to be better able to handle small-ball lineups. Nobody has the personnel to match up with that size.

The turnaround in shooting is almost as dramatic. The Lakers have shooters on shooters on shooters. A few of them can't do anything but shoot. Lebron and Davis will be unstoppable in the pick and roll with all those shooters to space the floor. If the Lakers can add another perimeter defender like Iguodala, there will only be one question left...

Who plays point? I don't really like any of our options, and Caruso may be our best bet (if we keep him). Rondo hasn't been playing defense in years, and he's not a good fit with Lebron on offense. I hope his minutes are limited to when Lebron rests. Cook is a deadly shooter, but he doesn't play much defense. My hope is that it can be KCP. Lebron will likely be the defacto PG on offense, and KCP is the only guy that I think can be an above average defender at the 1.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:09 PM   #159
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms
Role Player

Greens a 3 and D guy. Exactly what the Lakers need.

ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 04:09 PM   #160
Eielson
Starter

The NBA Championship will run through SoCal this year. Lakers, Clippers, or Warriors.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:18 PM   #161
jmizzy4ou
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
All things considered, Pelinka did a great job. He absolutely had to wait it out for Kawhi, and it almost worked out. This wasn't plan A or B. Maybe not even C, but at the end of the day, the Lakers are strong title contenders.

From what I have seen, most of these contracts are for two years, which I think is the smart move. I don't think there will be any elite FAs available next year. It should allow us to retool as Lebron enters the final year of his contract, as well as the ability to build some continuity.

Danny Green is a perfect fit for this team. 15M a year is an overpay, but probably worth it to keep the contract short. I imagine he'd have loved to cash in on a 4 year deal somewhere. He's one of the only 3 guys I'd guarantee in the starting lineup.

I'm amazed how this Lakers team went from one of the smallest to probably the biggest in such a short period of time. I remember laughing in the presason about how screwed we were last year if Javale went down. The Lakers can have a reverse-death lineup of sorts with James, Boogie, and Davis. The league has quickly changed to be better able to handle small-ball lineups. Nobody has the personnel to match up with that size.

The turnaround in shooting is almost as dramatic. The Lakers have shooters on shooters on shooters. A few of them can't do anything but shoot. Lebron and Davis will be unstoppable in the pick and roll with all those shooters to space the floor. If the Lakers can add another perimeter defender like Iguodala, there will only be one question left...

Who plays point? I don't really like any of our options, and Caruso may be our best bet (if we keep him). Rondo hasn't been playing defense in years, and he's not a good fit with Lebron on offense. I hope his minutes are limited to when Lebron rests. Cook is a deadly shooter, but he doesn't play much defense. My hope is that it can be KCP. Lebron will likely be the defacto PG on offense, and KCP is the only guy that I think can be an above average defender at the 1.
Good points
Old 07-08-2019, 06:13 PM   #162
Eielson
Starter

Signed Bradley today. I think either he or KCP will start at PG defensively. Just need to add Iggy and we're all set.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:33 AM   #163
One More Rebound
Starter

Signing Bradley was a great move. So much for the media critics who said The Lakers wouldn't be able to fill out their roster after waiting for Kawhi.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:22 PM   #164
jmizzy4ou
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by One More Rebound View Post
Signing Bradley was a great move. So much for the media critics who said The Lakers wouldn't be able to fill out their roster after waiting for Kawhi.
All things considered I think they did an amazing job of getting good pieces to compliment the two stars. This roster is night and day better than last year's..
Old 07-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #165
Eielson
Starter

Kawhi only signed a 2 year deal with the Clippers (which is the same number of years they control PG for). I think OKC fans will be cheering AGAINST LAC more than they cheer FOR OKC over the next two years. Those picks could become very valuable.