ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 03-19-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
Big Old Booger
Final Four

Default This may be the real reason Gregg Marshall hasn't left Wichita State yet...

http://thebiglead.com/2017/03/19/ken...ifes-behavior/

It didn't seem to hurt the Auburn football coach, Malzahn though his wife is the polar opposite of Marshall's wife. But she did offend some folks a few years back.

Marshall's wife seems bat-$h!t crazy.

Fran Fraschilla
---------------------
Big Old Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:12 PM   #2
tycat947
Elite Eight

Default Re: This may be the real reason Gregg Marshall hasn't left Wichita State ye

Ha! I've read somewhere that he is a real horse's a$$ too, so maybe they both are to blame. It does make you wonder how someone so successful hasn't been plucked by a top tier school.
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:
Some people think being negative makes them sound like an expert.
tycat947 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:23 PM   #3
deejay1
Walk-on

Default Re: This may be the real reason Gregg Marshall hasn't left Wichita State ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Old Booger View Post
http://thebiglead.com/2017/03/19/ken...ifes-behavior/

It didn't seem to hurt the Auburn football coach, Malzahn though his wife is the polar opposite of Marshall's wife. But she did offend some folks a few years back.

Marshall's wife seems bat-$h!t crazy.
I sat directly across from her at the OU game in OKC in December, and she and her daughter were both given a warning by the ref John Higgins for their verbal abuse of him. He warned them during a timeout, then informed the coach he had warned his wife and daughter. The look on his face was priceless.

Later as Higgins left the floor at the half, the two of them were screaming at him and he stopped and turned around to stare at them. The wife and daughter just laughed at him and pointed at each other.
deejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:37 PM   #4
WichitaSooner
Walk-on

As someone who lives there, trust me, the entire family is nuts. Their son is a student manager and spends his free time tweeting all kinds of nonsense. And for anyone who hasn't seen Marshall make a fool of himself last summer in Canada, make sure to find video of that. He thrives on playing the disrespect card, which is perfectly fine if that is how you want to motivate your team behind closed doors. But he has a massive ego and extremely thin skin. He gets to be the big fish in Wichita and fans love him so much that they met the team tonight when they got back to campus. If he ever took a job at an elite school, he wouldn't be getting pats on the back for losing in the second round. Great coach, no question, but the more I see him and his crazy wife, the more thankful I am for Lon, who is a great coach AND a great person. Same for his family.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:21 AM   #5
Northbase
Role Player

Maybe she is one of those coaches wives that assist in "motivating" the players with favors. It would not surprise me.
Northbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:47 AM   #6
Soonerinkc
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
As someone who lives there, trust me, the entire family is nuts. Their son is a student manager and spends his free time tweeting all kinds of nonsense. And for anyone who hasn't seen Marshall make a fool of himself last summer in Canada, make sure to find video of that. He thrives on playing the disrespect card, which is perfectly fine if that is how you want to motivate your team behind closed doors. But he has a massive ego and extremely thin skin. He gets to be the big fish in Wichita and fans love him so much that they met the team tonight when they got back to campus. If he ever took a job at an elite school, he wouldn't be getting pats on the back for losing in the second round. Great coach, no question, but the more I see him and his crazy wife, the more thankful I am for Lon, who is a great coach AND a great person. Same for his family.
from family in Wichita...yup. He's very demeaning to anyone around him..student managers etc.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #7
AdaSooner
Administrator

Fans will tolerate nearly anything, including embarrassing behavior by family members, as long as the coach continues to produce winning teams. Greg Marshall's wife is a prime example of that. But, Marshall and WSU's administrators are partly to blame for her courtside antics. They obviously don't see it as an embarrassment or they would take steps to stop it.

She may be able to get away with that on WSU's home court. But I'll be surprised if the NCAA allows it to continue at a venue where they have control.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:34 AM   #8
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Looks like the perfect fit for osu!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:41 AM   #9
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBounce13 View Post

My thoughts exactly.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:50 AM   #10
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBounce13 View Post

Hypocrite U would hire him in a second as well, if Drew leaves.
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:
Old 03-20-2017, 03:02 PM   #11
ksSooner13
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
Hypocrite U would hire him in a second as well, if Drew leaves.
My dad is close to some good donors at WSU and the thought among them is if/when Marshall leaves it's for a Blue Blood Job i.e. Duke, UNC, Indiana, UK.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #12
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kssooner13 View Post
my dad is close to some good donors at wsu and the thought among them is if/when marshall leaves it's for a blue blood job i.e. Duke, unc, indiana, uk.
bwahhhhhhaaaaaa!!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-20-2017, 05:55 PM   #13
MercedeSooner
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksSooner13 View Post
My dad is close to some good donors at WSU and the thought among them is if/when Marshall leaves it's for a Blue Blood Job i.e. Duke, UNC, Indiana, UK.
Well Indiana is open now - they gonna pay him 5M ? Maybe he actually goes then.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #14
tmeyer3307
Walk-on

Brother in law golfs with the son and he was told they really considered okstate before Underwood was hired.
tmeyer3307 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #15
sooner333
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay1 View Post
I sat directly across from her at the OU game in OKC in December, and she and her daughter were both given a warning by the ref John Higgins for their verbal abuse of him. He warned them during a timeout, then informed the coach he had warned his wife and daughter. The look on his face was priceless.

Later as Higgins left the floor at the half, the two of them were screaming at him and he stopped and turned around to stare at them. The wife and daughter just laughed at him and pointed at each other.
I assume she was sitting behind the WSU bench? The only reason I ask is that I was sitting around a group who were in the first row courtside (opposite the bench) where one lady (WSU fan) was removed and given a warning in the tunnel before being allowed back to her seats.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #16
MsProudSooner
National Champion

I bet that member of the press that was sitting in front of her has some stories to tell.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:41 PM   #17
deejay1
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
I assume she was sitting behind the WSU bench? The only reason I ask is that I was sitting around a group who were in the first row courtside (opposite the bench) where one lady (WSU fan) was removed and given a warning in the tunnel before being allowed back to her seats.
Yes, she was sitting on the floor one row behind the WSU bench, directly behind her husband.
deejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote