ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 02-23-2017, 10:25 PM   #1
skyvue
Elite Eight

Default Buddy's Kings debut

He's off to a good start in Sacramento: At the half, he has 10 points in 11 minutes of action, shooting 4-of-6 (1-of-2 from deep) with three rebounds and a steal.

Last edited by skyvue; 02-23-2017 at 10:37 PM.
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:37 PM   #2
soonerdo2
Walk-on

Default Re: Buddy's Kings debut

Way to go Buddy.
soonerdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:04 PM   #3
AdaSooner
Administrator

Outstanding! So happy for Buddy. I hope he finds a place with the Kings that keeps him the league for a very long time.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:48 PM   #4
skyvue
Elite Eight

He finished with 16 points (second high on the team) in 26 minutes, going 6-of-10 from the field (1-of-3 from behind the arc) and 3-3 from the charity stripe. He had six rebounds, one assist and one steal (along with one turnover).

And the Kings topped the Nuggets, to boot.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:56 PM   #5
califca
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
He finished with 16 points (second high on the team) in 26 minutes, going 6-of-10 from the field (1-of-3 from behind the arc) and 3-3 from the charity stripe. He had six rebounds, one assist and one steal (along with one turnover).

And the Kings topped the Nuggets, to boot.
Looked really good. Cousins was a talent but a cancer at the same time. Tonight the Kings played as a team. It's nice as a Kings fan to see them playing for a playoff spot. Buddy is just icing on the cake for me.
califca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:40 AM   #6
thebigabd
National Champion

So the Kings get 16 points from Buddy Hield, 15 points from Tyreke Evans, and 29 points and 10 rebounds from their replacement for Boogie at center (Willie Cauley-Stein)... and they beat a team who is likely going to be the 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs.

PG: Darren Collison
SG: Tyreke Evans
SG: Buddy Hield
PF: Anthony Tolliver
C: Willie Cauley-Stein

Hopefully they get some good draft picks.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:56 AM   #7
sperry
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
So the Kings get 16 points from Buddy Hield, 15 points from Tyreke Evans, and 29 points and 10 rebounds from their replacement for Boogie at center (Willie Cauley-Stein)... and they beat a team who is likely going to be the 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs.

The Nuggets are not "likely" to be the 7 or 8 seed lol.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:29 AM   #8
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
They are the 8 seed right now.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:21 AM   #9
Smash Williams
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
The 7 seed isn't happening. Denver is 7 games behind OKC with 25 games to go, and OKC has a soft schedule to finish the season (only 8 games against teams over .500).

I don't have any issue with the Nuggets being considered the favorite to finish 8, but there is such a huge cluster of teams within 3 games of #8 that it's not as if any team is close to being 50/50 to get that seed.
Smash Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:41 AM   #10
sperry
All-Conference

Agreed. They have a shot at 8, but are in a 5 horse race. They have no shot at 7.

And regardless, awesome debut for Buddy.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:00 AM   #11
Laxtothemax12
Sweet 16

I think if Buddy can develop with WCS and maybe one more (Skal?) the Kings in 3 years can have a decent team.
Laxtothemax12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:15 PM   #12
BoulderSooner
All-American

Quote:

Denver is 7 games out of the 7 seed ... (basically no shot) they are much more likely to not make the playoffs .. my money would be on Portland, nola or dallas
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:47 PM   #13
thebigabd
National Champion

Geezus people... it seems like some of you guys are just waiting to ambush me for anything. This thread is about Buddy and now you guys are jumping all over me for saying they beat a likely playoff team. It's one game, and that's not the point of the thread.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:38 PM   #14
hoopsaustin
Sweet 16

Quote:
Geezus people... it seems like some of you guys are just waiting to ambush me for anything. This thread is about Buddy and now you guys are jumping all over me for saying they beat a likely playoff team. It's one game, and that's not the point of the thread.
I think it was just good discussion man.

Spangler dunking on "the piece of crap"
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:41 PM   #15
usedtobe1
Administrator

Quote:
I get you. Gotta put it in perspective. It was a good first game for both the Kings and Buddy..... consisidering they're playing with a new lineup. I liked that he got 26 minutes last night so he wasn't looking over his shoulder waiting to be yanked if he made a mistake. He basically has a 25 game tryout.

The difference in the Kings and the gaggle of other teams fighting for the 8th playoff spot is the Kings don't want it so they can retain their 1st round draft pick.
usedtobe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:03 PM   #16
Big Old Booger
Final Four

Quote:
I like you ABD...don't let them bother you. I think the fact it was at least something to discuss that wasn't so much about this dismal season got some folks discussing it. Hang in there!!

Fran Fraschilla
---------------------
Big Old Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:30 PM   #17
coolm
Final Four

I was certainly interested in news about Buddy. Makes me feel bad for him going to that hole they call sacramento - BUT if he gets 25 games to show his wares like this then it may be a good thing for him.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:25 PM   #18
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolm View Post
I was certainly interested in news about Buddy. Makes me feel bad for him going to that hole they call sacramento - BUT if he gets 25 games to show his wares like this then it may be a good thing for him.
Agreed. It also helps that the King's owner thinks Buddy has a bright future and wanted him on the team.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:59 AM   #19
chuckb
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
Agreed. It also helps that the King's owner thinks Buddy has a bright future and wanted him on the team.
Yes but, and I don't pay much attention to the NBA, but my understanding is that the Kings' owner is generally considered an idiot. I hope they get it turned around for Buddy's sake.
chuckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:13 PM   #20
usedtobe1
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckb View Post
Yes but, and I don't pay much attention to the NBA, but my understanding is that the Kings' owner is generally considered an idiot. I hope they get it turned around for Buddy's sake.
I thought it was the Maloof family that were considered idiots. They sold the team to the new owner in 2013, and I don't know much about the new owner.

Honestly, I don't think much of Vlade Divac as the GM .... and the new owner selected him so you may be right. He sure didn't get much for Cousins. They're trying to rebuild the team thru draft picks kind of like the 76'ers are doing.

It may work out well for Buddy.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:33 PM   #21
MichaelM
Walk-on

The new owner, Vivek Ranadive, is the guy who wanted his coach to play 4-on-5 defense and keep a man on the offensive end at all times. You may make of that what you wish.
MichaelM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:39 PM   #22
usedtobe1
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
The new owner, Vivek Ranadive, is the guy who wanted his coach to play 4-on-5 defense and keep a man on the offensive end at all times. You may make of that what you wish.
Ha! I hadn't heard that, but it's pretty bad. In the NBA? It's a gimmick you might see in a grade school YMCA league.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:00 PM   #23
MichaelM
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobe1 View Post
Ha! I hadn't heard that, but it's pretty bad. In the NBA? It's a gimmick you might see in a grade school YMCA league.
Apparently that's where he got the idea. http://deadspin.com/report-the-kings...e-s-1671301557
MichaelM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:05 PM   #24
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobe1 View Post
I thought it was the Maloof family that were considered idiots. They sold the team to the new owner in 2013, and I don't know much about the new owner.

Honestly, I don't think much of Vlade Divac as the GM .... and the new owner selected him so you may be right. He sure didn't get much for Cousins. They're trying to rebuild the team thru draft picks kind of like the 76'ers are doing.

It may work out well for Buddy.
I was surprised when I realized Divac was the King's GM. He was known more for his flopping in the NBA than his skill set.

And fans here thought Marcus Smart invented flopping!
Old 03-01-2017, 10:34 PM   #25
skyvue
Elite Eight

I'm getting to watch the Kings game tonight because they're playing the Nets. Buddy came in late in the first quarter and hit his first three shots, two of them from deep. At the half, he has 11 points on 4-of-6 shooting and one steal in 9 minutes of action.