ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2019, 07:22 AM   #1
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,953
Default OSU barely escapes ORU in opener

ORU had a chance to take a lead with less than a minute to go. OSU had a 10-16 point lead most of the game but could never hold it.

Yor Anei, the center, really saved it for them... ORU had multiple attempts at the rim but he blocked everything and ended up with 13 points, 10 rebounds, and 8 blocks.

It was really ugly game... About 50 combined fouls and lots of turnovers.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:41 AM   #2
StinkyPete43
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 35
Default Re: OSU barely escapes ORU in opener

Everyone talks/hype about McGriff and Waters, but Likele and Anei are there best players. When Anei can stay out of foul trouble he can average a state sheet like last night. Kid is raw and it will be interesting to see how he develops offensively under Cannen Cunningham.
StinkyPete43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:43 AM   #3
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,953
Default Re: OSU barely escapes ORU in opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyPete43 View Post
Everyone talks/hype about McGriff and Waters, but Likele and Anei are there best players. When Anei can stay out of foul trouble he can average a state sheet like last night. Kid is raw and it will be interesting to see how he develops offensively under Cannen Cunningham.
Oh I agree, Anei and Likekle are the goods... Waters and McGriff are just steady veteran guys. Waters is an excellent shooter and passer but he doesn't have the overall talent that Anei and Likekle have.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:51 AM   #4
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms
Role Player
 
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 814
Default

We need somebody that can create their own shot. Likele is a drive and dish guy. They will start laying off him.

The depth will help them win a few more games this year. I think we are still a year away from being a real threat


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:18 AM   #5
TulsaWorld
Walk-on
 
TulsaWorld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 448
Default Re: OSU barely escapes ORU in opener

If you're interested in a recap, here's a link

Quote:
The teams combined for 28 turnovers and 50 fouls. OSU finished with 21 turnovers and 23 fouls, and the Golden Eagles had 17 turnovers and 27 fouls.

“We had way too many turnovers,” coach Mike Boynton said. “Uncharacteristic of Lindy, he’s certainly not a 2-to-1 turnover to assist kind of guy, (and) he had six turnovers today. Cam never really got in a rhythm offensively, but I’m proud that he showed that he could still impact the game.”
__________________
---
Happy to share Tulsa World's best OU articles/galleries/etc. Please e-mail questions for reporters to web@tulsaworld.com
TulsaWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:34 AM   #6
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,549
Default Re: OSU barely escapes ORU in opener

Mcgriff has gotten worse. Waters as well.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:36 AM   #7
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,549
Default Re: OSU barely escapes ORU in opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms View Post
We need somebody that can create their own shot. Likele is a drive and dish guy. They will start laying off him.

The depth will help them win a few more games this year. I think we are still a year away from being a real threat


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shocking... cunningham, thor, miles (maybe) walker I dont see much as an improvement. He got an offer because Cunningham said to...
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:59 AM   #8
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,184
Default Re: OSU barely escapes ORU in opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Shocking... cunningham, thor, miles (maybe) walker I dont see much as an improvement. He got an offer because Cunningham said to...
Cunningham alone will make them 10 points better, Thor will be like McGriff just bigger. I still laugh at some people saying they'll be final 4 next year, but should easily be a tourney team.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:22 AM   #9
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,549
Default Re: OSU barely escapes ORU in opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Cunningham alone will make them 10 points better, Thor will be like McGriff just bigger. I still laugh at some people saying they'll be final 4 next year, but should easily be a tourney team.
With Cade they should be a elite 8 team. possible final 4. Just like Bryce would make us next year.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:33 PM   #10
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,184
Default Re: OSU barely escapes ORU in opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
With Cade they should be a elite 8 team. possible final 4. Just like Bryce would make us next year.
Unless they show a bunch of improvements by the other guys I'll be surprised.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:05 AM   #11
WTSooner
National Champion
 
WTSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,225
Default Re: OSU barely escapes ORU in opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
With Cade they should be a elite 8 team. possible final 4. Just like Bryce would make us next year.
lol, what?

You realize Thompson is ranked 19th by 247. There are several teams already with more talent than us, that will be getting a better player in this class than us. We won't sniff a FF next year.
__________________
I hate to lose more than I like to win. - Larry Bird, 1998
WTSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com