ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Campus Corner

Old 09-01-2018, 02:36 AM   #26
coolm
National Champion

Default Re: Aaron Calixte

I am sorry guys but Calixte got caught in a little political squabble we seem to be having right now. Greg Mashburn, the Cleveland County DA, has his own personal little vendetta going on with regards to marijuana and, more specifically, paraphernalia charges. He's been pulling this crap for years and really trying to get his final kicks in as we keep lowering and lowering the punishments or even the basic criminality of marijuana.

They pull you over on pretense, request a search on pretense, and then the kids have no idea that they can just refuse the search.

NEVER let the police search your car. If they're gonna do a search incident to arrest then let them do it over your objection. Same as with your body. Same as with a breathalyzer. If you are pulled over the only words that should leave your mouth are:
- Am I under arrest?
- Am I free to leave? and
- I wish to speak to a lawyer.

That's all. NO searches. They will lie to you. Evidence or none there is no reason to give them evidence to hang you. Things that are not considered paraphernalia at first glance may very well be.

And for all those wanting to say "if you have nothing to hide then ..." - don't say it. Because you don't know what you're talking about. I do.

Say nothing. Allow nothing. Let them do their job themselves if they want to put you in jail. Let Greg Mashburn make his ideological point on someone else. He's been a putz about this for awhile and those at Oklahoma and Cleveland counties know of what I speak. Just ask them. Cut Calixte slack. He just encountered an unfortunate county buzzsaw that many people aren't aware exists.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:44 PM   #27
WTSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
If you don't like guys who smoke pot, you probably shouldn't cheer for the basketball team.

The amount of guys who have come through the program in the last year who DON'T smoke pot is less than 25%, and probably much lower than that. He will run some stairs and this is a complete non-issue.
lol, that is not true. Especially DURING the season.

I could list off a LONG name of players that I would bet large sums of money didn't smoke at all, certainly not actively during the season. Your 25% is probably 50-75% in actuality.

As for what this means, if this dude was going to be a team leader, I'd say we're in trouble. I get it, pot isn't a HUGE deal, and it'll probably even be legal at some point. But it's not legal. And it does have negative affects on the body for an athlete. That is why I said a lot don't use during the season. But it's a leadership issue. If that is our leader, we're in trouble.

And LMAO of cool. Good grief dude. For being an attorney you are so full of it. Smelling burnt pot in his car is PLENTY evidence to search it. Don't smoke in your car. Shows the intelligence of this kid IMO. Or lack thereof, I should say.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:41 PM   #28
coolm
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
And LMAO of cool. Good grief dude. For being an attorney you are so full of it. Smelling burnt pot in his car is PLENTY evidence to search it. Don't smoke in your car. Shows the intelligence of this kid IMO. Or lack thereof, I should say.
I know my job. Been doing it a long time.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:13 AM   #29
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerTraveler View Post
Its possible he was treating a medical condition.
still illegal to drive under the influence of medical
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:14 AM   #30
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mict085 View Post
Underage drinking is illegal too. Should we kick everyone off the team that has been drunk in college?
If they are caught with an open bottle in a moving vehicle and they are a grad transfer that just got on campus, yes
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
Old 09-04-2018, 08:16 AM   #31
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
I assume this means a pipe used for smoking the marijuana... if that is the case, who cares.

If he had enough for the "intent to distribute", kicked off team. If he was selling, kick him off. If it is other, more serious drugs, kick him off.

But if he is just smoking pot, he shouldn't even have to face any punishment. Nearly all college athletes smoke pot and drink alcohol. No big deal.
I'm astounded by those that think driving under the influence is no big deal

-Romero Osby
Old 09-04-2018, 08:21 AM   #32
coolm
National Champion

DUI-MJ is not a significant problem.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:49 AM   #33
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolm View Post
DUI-MJ is not a significant problem.
unless you are someone that is affected by it.
Do you not think it affects your judgements and reflexes?

-Romero Osby
Old 09-04-2018, 09:50 AM   #34
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Aren't auto crashes and fatalities due to MJ increasing in Colorado?

-Romero Osby
Old 09-04-2018, 10:29 AM   #35
Chiefdaddy
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBounce13 View Post
Aren't auto crashes and fatalities due to MJ increasing in Colorado?
Fake news. Don't fall for that propaganda. This sucks for Aaron but welcome to Norman and Norman cops. He should be in shape for the extra conditioning he is going to get before the season.
Chiefdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #36
Chiefdaddy
Walk-on

And you are fooling yourself if you don't think these guys smoke. I hung out with most of the bball guys when I lived in Norman and the majority smoked.
Chiefdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 11:04 AM   #37
CoachTalk
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefdaddy View Post
Fake news. Don't fall for that propaganda. This sucks for Aaron but welcome to Norman and Norman cops. He should be in shape for the extra conditioning he is going to get before the season.
Youre clueless if you think that is fake news.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 11:09 AM   #38
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

I'm not stating my opinion on weed in general.
But to act like a player that just stepped foot on campus and hasn't played a game yet shouldn't be harshly punished for having weed in his car while driving is crazy

-Romero Osby
Old 09-04-2018, 11:10 AM   #39
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefdaddy View Post
There may not be a way to prove it, but the facts don't lie. automobile incidents are on the rise ever since weed was legalized in colorado.

And I think it is quite foolish to believe that impairment is not affected by weed

-Romero Osby
Old 09-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #40
coolm
National Champion

Quote:
There may not be a way to prove it, but the facts don't lie. automobile incidents are on the rise ever since weed was legalized in colorado.

And I think it is quite foolish to believe that impairment is not affected by weed
facts dont lie? LOL. you talk like a grade schooler. facts often lie. where is your causation? or are you just relying on "post hoc ergo propter hoc"?

I've smoked it since the 80's and I've represented many many people (thousands) for DUI cases. the number of DUI-MJ cases is so small that it's almost negligible. And they are most certainly NOT characterized by the destruction and "rowdiness" you see with drunks in the same situation.

you shouldnt assume things you know nothing about.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:25 PM   #41
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
facts dont lie? LOL. you talk like a grade schooler. facts often lie. where is your causation? or are you just relying on "post hoc ergo propter hoc"?

I've smoked it since the 80's and I've represented many many people (thousands) for DUI cases. the number of DUI-MJ cases is so small that it's almost negligible. And they are most certainly NOT characterized by the destruction and "rowdiness" you see with drunks in the same situation.

nothing in your posts disprove the facts.

Yes, we all know you are a pot head.
I assume since you think it doesn't affect impairment, it should be legal to smoke weed and drive?

And don't try to turn this into an alcohol vs weed discussion. It is irrelevant to the conversation.

-Romero Osby
Old 09-04-2018, 12:36 PM   #42
WichitaSooner
Role Player

Quote:

Sure seems like you might also have an agenda, as you accuse the DA of having.

We all get it -- you smoke pot, you are a defense attorney, you are great at your job, etc. Not sure what any of this has to do with Calixte and what discipline he is likely to receive, but maybe you should consider the possibility that others on the board are also experienced attorneys who know what they are talking about, they just don't feel the need to shout that fact to the world.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:04 PM   #43
coolm
National Champion

Quote:
nothing in your posts disprove the facts.
what facts? your lack of causation makes it just as likely that my presence at the courthouse keeps polar bears from attacking.

Quote:
maybe you should consider the possibility that others on the board are also experienced attorneys who know what they are talking about, they just don't feel the need to shout that fact to the world.
so I am supposed to assume the silence indicates knowledgeable professionals disagree with me? well when they speak up I will be happy to engage. as it stands now I am fairly confident that anyone who represents a bunch of DUI's knows what I am talking about. but the silence is certainly deafening so they must have a really strong case.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:59 PM   #44
WTSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Sure seems like you might also have an agenda, as you accuse the DA of having.
He does.

He is a two bit hack that has found a niche in the types of cases he takes, and the people he works with. Take that as you will.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:39 PM   #45
coolm
National Champion

Quote:
He does.

He is a two bit hack that has found a niche in the types of cases he takes, and the people he works with. Take that as you will.
if you have a problem with me then why dont you not be a coward and say it to my face? putz.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:09 PM   #46
BigTime
The Red Wig

Quote:
He does.

Easy killer.

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAM!
-BBS
BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:03 AM   #47
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
what facts?

that there are more auto related fatalities after legalization and that pot impairs your driving.

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a1...aths-colorado/

So I do not think driving under the influence of weed should be shrugged off like some think it should. Especially considering this guy has never played a minute of basketball for OU.

-Romero Osby
Old 09-06-2018, 08:27 AM   #48
Abe
Walk-on

Gentlemen, this is degenerating to polical views. Take your squabbles to some other board. Let’s stick to a OU sports news. The last thing we need is to polarize this board.
Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:35 AM   #49
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe View Post
Gentlemen, this is degenerating to polical views. Take your squabbles to some other board. Let’s stick to a OU sports news. The last thing we need is to polarize this board.
This is OU sports news

-Romero Osby
Old 09-06-2018, 10:09 AM   #50
skyvue
Elite Eight

Quote:
This is OU sports news
It was OU sports news. As the man said, it's now degenerated into politics.